Beginner to Intermed. hockey (27 ppl so far)

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

TOFTTnet Kami
Prospect
Prospect

Beginner to Intermed. hockey (27 ppl so far)

Post by TOFTTnet Kami »

First, I used to have an account here, but couldnt login?!?! So I had to create a new one. Oh well I guess. Anyways.

Looking to get our group started back up but we need more people. We play every week. We havent narrowed down a time or day.(It will be static, if you have a preference let me know) We played last year on Sundays at 4:45 at Re-plex/Wentz.

We are considering moving it to Creve Coeur as this will likely get us players from both St. Charles/St. Peters and St.Louis, since it is conveniently located in the middle.Price would be anywhere from $10-15 a person, depending on how many people we get each week You can guarantee a spot each week by prepaying up to a month in advance. We have two goalies at this point but will take reserves. We typically play 22 a side with a goalie on each side. Great for people who have never played, cant skate well. Also great for intermediates. We try to keep teams as even as possible to ensure blanaced so no teams are lopsided. This makes it fun and competitive for everyone and SOOOO much better than drop-in. If interested email me at michael.e.hall@hotmail.com. Make sure to leave some type of contact info, position preferred, etc.

It is ICE. The rink is not fully set in stone, depending on if we got a bunch of other people to comitt to playing somewhere else. Basically we are trying to turn this into a weekly thing where you can expect to play the same day, same time every week. If we can get 20 guys that are willing to do that at kirkwood, fenton, rec-plex etc we will go there.Wherever we can get the most interest

The main thing is to be comitted, so it stays cheap, play competitive hockey and HAVE FUN! With it being a set day and time, it gives people something in the week to look forward to, kind of like drop-in, but ALOT more balanced and fun!

This is also a great avenue for roller people looking to transition to ice. People who have never played/skated before and intermediates. We don't mind skilled people, we just don't want jerks and we will regulate it.

If you are already in a league, thats ok with us too. This could be extra ice time for you and some of your teammates, so long as it doesnt conflict with your schedule. Let me know.

UPDATE: UP TO 27 people, but we will always take MORE!!!!!! BOOKING OF THE ICE WILL HAPPEN SOON, BE CHECKING YOUR EMAILS!!!
Last edited by TOFTTnet Kami on Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

TOFTTnet Kami
Prospect
Prospect

Re: Beginner to Intermed. hockey

Post by TOFTTnet Kami »

WTf the only reply I get is from a spam-bot?!?!?

Jeffro
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Jeffro »

If you move it to Creve Coeur, I could definitely be interested.
Official LGB Sponsor of Jeff Woywitka

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

I'd do it if it wasn't a 5 hr drive...

TOFTTnet Kami
Prospect
Prospect

Post by TOFTTnet Kami »

Creve Couer is the rink we are leaning towards at this point. If you are interested please shoot me an email with your contact information, as eventually this thread will be buried.Thanks
Michael

TOFTTnet Kami
Prospect
Prospect

Post by TOFTTnet Kami »

Jeffro, If I don't already have you down on my list can you either email me or pm me. I need email address and phone number if possible so I can add you if you are serious. I also need first name and either last initial or last name. List is looking NICE, assuming everyone that has comitted stays comitted!!

Jeffro
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Jeffro »

Dropped you a PM.
Official LGB Sponsor of Jeff Woywitka

TOFTTnet Kami
Prospect
Prospect

Re: Beginner to Intermed. hockey (16 ppl so far)

Post by TOFTTnet Kami »

NEW UPDATEWe are now up to 27 people with about 10 alternates. Thanks to everyone for the replies and referrals. We will always be taking new members, so as you see people throught the season looking for a place to play, you can send em to me. Thanks again guys.

Previous Update. We are up to 16 comitted people right now. We typically play with 24, to keep cost low. We will also need subs to in case someone cant make it. If you know anyone interested, regardless of age/playing experience, please send them this way. When we have a full game, we will start booking ICE!!!!Leaning towards Sundays evening/nights at Creve Coeur. Thanks! michael.e.hall@hotmail.com

TOFTTnet Kami
Prospect
Prospect

Re: Beginner to Intermed. hockey (27 ppl so far)

Post by TOFTTnet Kami »

This should be the LAST update:

Alright guys. We are starting up a group of beginner and intermediate skaters. I am trying to generate interest. I know its a late skate but the only thing they had available. I gave my guys a list of rinks and times. My guys are still voting on it, but kirkwood @ 1045pm on Sundays seems to be winning out. I have 9 people signed up so far (just sent it out yesterday, still awaiting replies back from half the people). We have two goalies. Skill level isnt important. If you want to learn to play or have been playing for years and just want extra ice time, shoot me an email. Michael.e.hall@hotmail.com If we have enough interest this will be a weekly thing and I hope to get it up and running soon. Price looks to be in the $12 range. it will be 1.5 hours long. Hope to hear from you soon :detsucks: :hawkssuck: :goblues: :cup: :letsgoblues: