Lars Eller diagnosed with mononucleosis

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Lars Eller diagnosed with mononucleosis

Post by Robb_K »

More bad news. Lars Eller has been diagnosed with mononucleosis, Link: http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/kyssesyg ... r-nhl-drom

The article states that in the worst case he'll be inactive 4 months. But after that, he'd need time to get into hockey-playing shape. So, I'd guess he could be out anywhere from 3 to 5 months. Then, he would DEFINITELY need to start in Peoria.

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Lars Eller diagnosed with mononucleosis

Post by Winning Unlimited »

:doh:

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

FML... :(

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

Does the increased ticket prices cover the Nelson Ayotte health care plan?

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Been making out with Petro?
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

so who was he kissing?
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

Robb_K
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Robb_K »

JR reports that it's thought to be a "touch" of mono. So, he might be inactive only 1 month, but will need extra time after that to get in playing shape, before starting to play for Peoria. He probably can't play on The Blues for more than about half the season now. But, that may be a blessing in disguise. As he probably won't hit the rookie wall, and might be fresh for the playoff race and playoffs. On the other hand, mono leaves the victim weaker than usual for many months afterwards. However, Phil Mcrae had a pretty good season after being out only one month with his "touch" of mono. So, here's to a quick recovery, so the Blues can ice three true scoring lines, and not 2 lines with at least some grinders.

Noticed than Bayda bowed out on his agreement to attend Blues' camp when he heard they'd signed Derek Armstrong.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I don't think Eller was going to make the team this season anywho, but that does suck as it'll hinder his development at Peoria.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

Well that most likely will leave the door open for Sonne then.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

I had it a year ago this last September, it f*cking SUCKS.

The number one symptom is insane fatigue. All you want to do is sleep all day, every day. You don't want to move, you don't want to do anything. Your throat is in raw pain almost every day and you are just dragging ass and generally feel like sh*t. When you DO sleep it's very active- wake up a lot, drenched in sweat, that sort of thing. It is a zero-activity viral infection. From the time span I was feeling my first symptoms to the time I was back to doing my full workouts in the gym was about a month and a half. I think 3 months is a stretch- from what my doctors told me at the time it doesn't take that long.

Nothing he can do. Rest, fluids, sleep. Over the counter drugs to handle the fever and pain. That's it.

The good news is that he'll never have it again. After you have it once, you're immune to it and all of its relatives (which if he's REALLY lucky he only caught a close relative on MONO and not the worst strain) for the rest of your life.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

JWatt (formerly PMS)
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JWatt (formerly PMS) »

WaukeeBlues wrote:I had it a year ago this last September, it f*cking SUCKS.

The number one symptom is insane fatigue. All you want to do is sleep all day, every day. You don't want to move, you don't want to do anything. Your throat is in raw pain almost every day and you are just dragging ass and generally feel like sh*t. When you DO sleep it's very active- wake up a lot, drenched in sweat, that sort of thing. It is a zero-activity viral infection. From the time span I was feeling my first symptoms to the time I was back to doing my full workouts in the gym was about a month and a half. I think 3 months is a stretch- from what my doctors told me at the time it doesn't take that long.

Nothing he can do. Rest, fluids, sleep. Over the counter drugs to handle the fever and pain. That's it.

The good news is that he'll never have it again. After you have it once, you're immune to it and all of its relatives (which if he's REALLY lucky he only caught a close relative on MONO and not the worst strain) for the rest of your life.
I must have had a really weak strain or just a really good immune system (I only had chicken pox for 5 days), but I was only sick for about a week, and I really didn't have terrible fatigue. The biggest pain in the @ss was waking up every two hours drenched in sweat. Needless to say, I had to change several pillows, sheets, mattresses, sleeping bags, etc., every night. There is nothing worse than waking up completely drenched with sweat completely saturating all your bedding. I had a rotation of pillows and sleeping bags I slept in for about 5 nights.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Typical Euro pansy.

;)
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

rivermenfan33
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by rivermenfan33 »

Pjstar.com reported he's been cleared for regular contact in practice..

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

rivermenfan33 wrote:Pjstar.com reported he's been cleared for regular contact in practice..
Yea, he lucked out, he got a weak strain of it; it's only been a week and a half. Good news.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Kyle1512
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Kyle1512 »

rivermenfan33 wrote:Pjstar.com reported he's been cleared for regular contact in practice..
Not only was he cleared, but he skated Monday and took part in every aspect of the practice. Eller wore his home Blues helmet in practice and Adam Cracknell wore his white Blues helmet while his got worked on by the equipment guy. Don't know if they didn't have a helmet for Eller or if no one else noticed that he and Justin Fletcher were both wearing #36 helmets, Eller will wear #20 for Peoria.

rivermenfan33
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by rivermenfan33 »

This season should be fun down in Peoria, welll, if they let Payne run his own style instead of Murray's style.

Kyle1512
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Kyle1512 »

rivermenfan33 wrote:This season should be fun down in Peoria, welll, if they let Payne run his own style instead of Murray's style.
That isn't going to happen, Rivermen players have to play the system that they will be playing in St. Louis. That is why it takes a couple days for the Alaska players to get up to par with the Blues system. Payne's style didn't mesh with NHL hockey.