GDT: Blues vs. Wild (7:00 PM, no TV/radio)

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT: Blues vs. Wild (7:00 PM, no TV/radio)

Post by philco_3 »

I like the scoring recap...

Scoring Summary
1st Period
04:26 STL Unknown Wrist Shot - Assists: B. Boyes & B. Bell
04:55 STL Chris Porter Wrist Shot - Assists: D. Armstrong & A. Palushaj
2nd Period
none
3rd Period
02:31 STL Derek Armstrong Wrist Shot - Assists: B. Bell & M. Weaver
19:03 MIN PPG - Benoit Pouliot Tip-In - Assists: J. Sheppard & D. Irmen

From what I heard online it was Kariya, unless there is a player called "Unknown."
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

philco_3 wrote:I like the scoring recap...

Scoring Summary
1st Period
04:26 STL Unknown Wrist Shot - Assists: B. Boyes & B. Bell
04:55 STL Chris Porter Wrist Shot - Assists: D. Armstrong & A. Palushaj
2nd Period
none
3rd Period
02:31 STL Derek Armstrong Wrist Shot - Assists: B. Bell & M. Weaver
19:03 MIN PPG - Benoit Pouliot Tip-In - Assists: J. Sheppard & D. Irmen

From what I heard online it was Kariya, unless there is a player called "Unknown."
Perhaps the Blues signed a ninja during the offseason. We wouldn't know it and neither would anyone else. It's the only logical explanation.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

Jeffro
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Jeffro »

Pretty good game. Armstrong played well; he really reminded me of Mike Sillinger, actually. His line with Palushaj and Porter was the best of the night. Palushaj is fast, always around the puck, and created a lot of chances. Kariya, Berglund and Boyes really didn't do much, and come to think of it, I don't know if Kariya was on the ice in the third. Ryan Reaves is a really, really, really bad skater. Yikes.

The defense, with one notable exception, was great tonight. Steve Wagner in particular looked worlds better in his own end than he did last year, but he was paired with EJ, who sure looked like the real deal tonight. He got huge, and he uses it extremely well positionally. Brendan Bell and Mike Weaver are like two halves of one good player - Bell in the offensive zone, Weaver in the defensive. Save for one dumb play by Bell skating out in front of the net, neither stood out, which I suppose is their job. Pietrangelo looked extremely strong on his skates, though he didn't seem to get a lot of ice time (and none on the PP). He was never out of position and had a few good rushes without getting caught up ice.

Darryl Sydor, however, is bad. Bad. Bad bad bad. He doesn't have the speed to rush the puck any more but his game has always been in transition, so the result is that he's constantly going about halfway and scrambling to get back. He took one penalty tonight as a direct result of his terrible foot speed and will surely take more in the future.

Goaltending was great. The Wild goal was the result of an absolutely perfect pass at the end of the game. Nothing Bishop could do about it.
Official LGB Sponsor of Jeff Woywitka

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

ESPN reported Kariya as the goal scorer.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

OS
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by OS »

Jeffro wrote:Darryl Sydor, however, is bad. Bad. Bad bad bad. He doesn't have the speed to rush the puck any more but his game has always been in transition, so the result is that he's constantly going about halfway and scrambling to get back. He took one penalty tonight as a direct result of his terrible foot speed and will surely take more in the future.
Apparently Murray thinks he played great tonight. :aaaa:
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Forgive the quick comments and/or shorthand, but these are my random thoughts copied over from my Twitter account. Too lazy to work them up further.

Pietrangelo okay but needs some grit/meanness...Johnson picking back up where he left off pre-injury...laser passes on PP...huge reach creates problems for other team...not worried at all.

Perron relentless...hustled to turn certain icing into near goal...tenacious during PK stint..."fight" hilarious (jumped on top of a guy)...Perron adding more sandpaper to his game...I see a little Geoff Courtnall in him...Blues got away with six men during a PP for a good while.

I thought Brendan Bell was very solid...just does the job...comfortable out there...physical...I think Wagner has improved...Backes = Beast.

Berglund was physical around the boards...Bell had a nice assist on Armstrong goal...Palushaj was looking good well before his assist...Kariya's bionic hips pivot just fine...had some speed...I thought Darryl Sydor was slow and dangerous at times...

Jeffro
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Jeffro »

OS wrote:
Jeffro wrote:Darryl Sydor, however, is bad. Bad. Bad bad bad. He doesn't have the speed to rush the puck any more but his game has always been in transition, so the result is that he's constantly going about halfway and scrambling to get back. He took one penalty tonight as a direct result of his terrible foot speed and will surely take more in the future.
Apparently Murray thinks he played great tonight. :aaaa:
Raise your hand if that's a surprise.
Official LGB Sponsor of Jeff Woywitka

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

If Brewer isn't ready, Murray requires that we have at least one guy who can't play and is a constant danger. Welcome to the team! :roll:
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

hullisgod
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by hullisgod »

Is Carlo Colaiacovo not playing a sign of anything, or were we just trying out some of the other defenseman? Just hoping his injury worries havent come back to haunt him.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

I wouldn't read anything in it. He has a spot locked up. I think it is pretty clear that the point of the defense for this game was to get EJ some ice time and have an open tryout for the remaining spots. I think Weaver played because he is not guaranteed to be the sixth d-man slot, but maybe the seventh d-man.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Nyghtewynd wrote:If Brewer isn't ready, Murray requires that we have at least one guy who can't play and is a constant danger. Welcome to the team! :roll:
You mean, welcome to the team, CAPTIAN. :aaaa: :doh:

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

fargoblues wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:If Brewer isn't ready, Murray requires that we have at least one guy who can't play and is a constant danger. Welcome to the team! :roll:
You mean, welcome to the team, CAPTIAN. :aaaa: :doh:
:plusplus:
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.