Blues beat Linköping 6-0

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Blues beat Linköping 6-0

Postby Robb_K » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:05 pm

Here is the scoring summary sheet:

Scoring Summary
1st. Period
St. Louis – David Perron (Erik Johnson) 1:12
St. Louis – Carlo Colaiacovo (B.J. Crombeen, Alex Steen) 6:28

2nd Period
St. Louis – Patrik Berglund (Brad Winchester, T.J. Oshie) 9:49
St. Louis – Paul Kariya (Keith Tkachuk, Brad Boyes) 12:56
St. Louis – Paul Kariya (power play) (unassisted) 15:55

3rd Period
St. Louis - Alex Steen (Mike Weaver) 11:02

Goalies: Chris Mason (1st period), Ty Conklin (2nd period), Ben Bishop (3rd period)

The Blues played all 8 defencemen. So Strachan could play in Sweden, and Bishop played, too.

They dominated the game so strongly that it seemed like a practise. But, 2 of Linköping's main scorers (Hlavic and Hlinka) did not play. I hope this doesn't go to their heads too much. I want them to be playing all out with an edge against Detroit, and win both games outright (no overtimes. They need to break out 4 points ahead of The Wings ffrom the start of the season, and not look back.
Robb_K
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Re: Blues beat Linköping 6-0

Postby Winning Unlimited » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 pm

Robb_K wrote:I want them to be playing all out with an edge against Detroit, and win both games outright (no overtimes. They need to break out 4 points ahead of The Wings ffrom the start of the season, and not look back.

this
Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Postby DaDitka » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:11 pm

I just hope we've saved some goals for the regular season :shock:

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund
DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Postby TSUCookieMonster » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:58 pm

Robb_K wrote:Here is the scoring summary sheet:

Scoring Summary
1st. Period

2nd Period

3rd Period

Goalies: Chris Mason (1st period), Ty Conklin (2nd period), Ben Bishop (3rd period)

The Blues played all 8 defencemen. So Strachan could play in Sweden, and Bishop played, too.

They dominated the game so strongly that it seemed like a practise. But, 2 of Linköping's main scorers (Hlavic and Hlinka) did not play. I hope this doesn't go to their heads too much. I want them to be playing all out with an edge against Detroit, and win both games outright (no overtimes. They need to break out 4 points ahead of The Wings ffrom the start of the season, and not look back.

Being your not horribly far from me, where did you watch the game? Tonight I watched part of Chicago's game in Switzerland live on the internet... any idea if the game will be streamed in Europe somewhere for opening night ???

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.
TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Postby SIU LAW » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:00 pm

:cup:
SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Postby Robb_K » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:16 pm

[quote="TSUCookieMonster"][quote="Robb_K"]Here is the scoring summary sheet:

Scoring Summary
1st. Period

2nd Period

3rd Period

They dominated the game so strongly that it seemed like a practise. But, 2 of Linköping's main scorers (Hlavic and Hlinka) did not play. I hope this doesn't go to their heads too much. I want them to be playing all out with an edge against Detroit, and win both games outright (no overtimes. They need to break out 4 points ahead of The Wings ffrom the start of the season, and not look back.[/quote]

Being your not horribly far from me, [b]where did you watch the game?[/b] Tonight I watched part of Chicago's game in Switzerland live on the internet... [b]any idea if the game will be streamed in Europe somewhere for opening night [/b]???[/quote]

I didn't watch it. I don't believe it was telivised even in Sweden -which would be why it wouldn't be streamed.

I watched the Linköping live digital update screen (like a ticker-tape -sort of like what The Blues had before this year), and also read a slightly delayed NHL.com journalist's recap after each period.

I suspect opening night's game will be streamed by a Swedish website, but probably only for paying customers. I assume some North American source will stream it for free. I'll post a link if I hear of one.
Robb_K
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Postby TSUCookieMonster » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:21 pm

I will post a link likewise if I find one for Europe. I've had great luck logging into US sites lately using an anonymous proxy, which pretty much lets me watch anything I want that would be on cable (and Hulu).

Anyway, I've been monitoring http://atdhe.net/ which streamed the Chicago game tonight and will be streaming a few others later real late tonight for us, but if you're up and around... Awesome connection speed for me. Hopefully they'll stream the Blues.

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.
TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Postby glen a richter » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:31 pm

I can't freakin' wait to get home Friday, pop on Versus and watch the opener. :goblues: :detsucks:
Official sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
Official sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
Official sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion