NHL 10

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Re: NHL 10

Post by Ruutu15 »

WaukeeBlues wrote:

(Ruutu, you're a good guy- but I hate all your Hawks' teenie-bopper and otherwise ignorant 'tard fans. They piss me off.)
I couldn't agree more. I hate our new "fans" as much as you do...it's honestly the reason that I choose to wear a Thibault, Daze, or Khabibulin jersey to most games. At least it sets me apart from the other 19,000 people in Kane/Toews jerseys. I'm finding it hard to resist the urge to pick up a new Duncan Keith jersey, though. I get snide comments all the time about the Thibault and Daze jerseys. My reply is usually "Yeah, they played here before you knew we had a team."

And that Ministry song sucks. :lol:

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

If anyone here wants to get into a PS3 league, let me know. PSN tag "Blackhawks30"

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

Ruutu15 wrote: And that Ministry song sucks. :lol:
You sir are correct.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Ruutu15 wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:

(Ruutu, you're a good guy- but I hate all your Hawks' teenie-bopper and otherwise ignorant 'tard fans. They piss me off.)
I couldn't agree more. I hate our new "fans" as much as you do...it's honestly the reason that I choose to wear a Thibault, Daze, or Khabibulin jersey to most games. At least it sets me apart from the other 19,000 people in Kane/Toews jerseys. I'm finding it hard to resist the urge to pick up a new Duncan Keith jersey, though. I get snide comments all the time about the Thibault and Daze jerseys. My reply is usually "Yeah, they played here before you knew we had a team."

And that Ministry song sucks. :lol:
When you wear the Thibault jersey have you gotten the "Who's Thighbaalt?" thing from a 17 yr. old girl wearing a Kane jersey? Wouldn't surprise me, haha. :roll:

My favorite question to ask to sort out Hawks fans:
"In any order, name ONE of the last three captains your team has had"
4 out of 5 times they'll sit there and think for a minute. "Amonte was in there right?"
"No he was four."
"Oh..." and then they sit there and keep thinking like its magically going to come to them
"Adrian Aucoin, Martin Lapointe and Alexei Zhamnov. I'm not even a Hawks fan. Yup, you're a diehard."

Keith is a legit jersey, he's a good ass player. For your sake, I just hope you don't buy it and then the Hawks have no payroll to resign him because they decided to try to win the cup this year, spend to the ceiling and leave no room to re-sign anyone next offseason. :lol:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I finally have a good enough internet connection to play online. Me and Reelbluesfan are on a team online. It's good times. Everyone watch out for Team Pup N Suds. :grin:

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Leafaholic99
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Leafaholic99 »

If anyone with the game for PS3 wants to play a game or two online, add my PSN id: Leafaholic99 :)

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by stinkdified »

so...i'm going to buy a system when i get home.
wii is out 'cause nhl 10 isn't on it.
any reccomendations on consoles?
this will be one of the main games i play of course, so it is possibly a deal breaker.
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

Leafaholic99
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Leafaholic99 »

I have only played EA NHL games on Xbox a couple times but I can't remember much of it lol

PS3 I know last year, had a huge problem for me playing NHL 10 online, this year I have played a couple times with no problems, but that could have just been luck, if you plan on playing online quite a bit, the 360 might be the way to go. depends if you need a blu-ray player, if you do, go PS3.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

stinkdified wrote:so...i'm going to buy a system when i get home.
wii is out 'cause nhl 10 isn't on it.
any reccomendations on consoles?
this will be one of the main games i play of course, so it is possibly a deal breaker.
The online play of the 360 is much better than the PS3, but I guess you get what you pay for. Seems like my PS3 only gets dusted off when I want to watch a Blu-ray. Also I know like 20 people that have a 360 and like 4 that have a PS3.

stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by stinkdified »

abc789987 wrote:The online play of the 360 is much better than the PS3, but I guess you get what you pay for. Seems like my PS3 only gets dusted off when I want to watch a Blu-ray. Also I know like 20 people that have a 360 and like 4 that have a PS3.
that combined with my severe hatred of anything sony (the only thing i would ever consider buying with a sony name on it would be the ps3) pretty much makes the decision. i download all my movies anyway, so the blu-ray business is of no concern to me. haha! i'm getting pumped. i haven't played a video game since college. im reading about modding now...i hope there is a way to 'turn off' the mod (i'm sure there is) so i dont get flagged if i wanna play an online game.
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

stinkdified wrote:
abc789987 wrote:The online play of the 360 is much better than the PS3, but I guess you get what you pay for. Seems like my PS3 only gets dusted off when I want to watch a Blu-ray. Also I know like 20 people that have a 360 and like 4 that have a PS3.
that combined with my severe hatred of anything sony (the only thing i would ever consider buying with a sony name on it would be the ps3) pretty much makes the decision. i download all my movies anyway, so the blu-ray business is of no concern to me. haha! i'm getting pumped. i haven't played a video game since college. im reading about modding now...i hope there is a way to 'turn off' the mod (i'm sure there is) so i dont get flagged if i wanna play an online game.
modding is where it's at. i use it to play all my 'ahem' backed up games...

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

It's also impossible to make a trade without getting effed.

"We don't want to trade away any young players right now."
"This offer is laughable"
"We aren't looking to trade draft picks right now."
"We don't need any more veterans"

Well what do you want?! Cause I'm not giving you EJ for a 2nd round pick.

It's very lifelike and that annoys me. I don't play video games to get an exactly accurate reflection of what its like trying to trade a single f*cking player in the middle of the season as the actual GM of a major sports franchise, EA Sports. I play to have a good time, make my team superstar's and win the cup 10 years in a row. If I want it this difficult let me adjust the opponent GM thing myself. Lighten up on the harshness of the other GM's, let me f*ck around with trades and the rosters if I want.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I'm dmiles22 on Xbox live if anyone wants to add me.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

My LIVE subscription expired today & until EA works out their server issues I'm going to wait to renew. NHL is really the only game that I play online & I'm tired of the freezing/server problems.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

dmiles2186 wrote:I'm dmiles22 on Xbox live if anyone wants to add me.
I hated the ps2, and was an Xbox/360 fanboy until I bought a PS3...haven't turned the 360 on since.

I'm Blackhawks30 on ps network.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

stlbluz wrote:My LIVE subscription expired today & until EA works out their server issues I'm going to wait to renew. NHL is really the only game that I play online & I'm tired of the freezing/server problems.
you know, I've played plenty of games on XBL. Mostly shooters like Halo, Rainbow Six, and COD. But for some reason, I have the WORST problem playing NHL online. I don't know if it's EA or just the fact that most of the players are in Canada. But I can never get a good connection and I always end up getting tons of lag or just losing the game all together.

Probably getting a PS3 next month mainly for Blu-Ray purposes. But if their network is better, I might end up switching my gaming $$$ to the Sony side. I had a PS2 from the night they were released and played the shit out of it (until it broke with that dubious disc read error and I had to get a new one). But when the new gen consoles came out, I switched to Xbox mainly because Sony kept delaying the PS3 and priced it too high at release. It seems the playing field is pretty level now.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Everyone talks about the PS3 network being much worse than the 360's, but I have never encountered an issue.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Ruutu15 wrote:Everyone talks about the PS3 network being much worse than the 360's, but I have never encountered an issue.
I have never had a speed problem with the PS3 network. What I don't like is the online interface. It's much easier to navigate around on XBL.