Why is Jeff Gordon employed?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Why is Jeff Gordon employed?

Post by strocklen083 »

Who is this guy blackmailing to keep earning a paycheck at the post? He hasn't contributed in a meaningful way to sports journalism in this town for a while. His finest work comes in the form of his "Tipsheet" crap that is just a rehash of other journalists stories.

Not to mention the fact that he's crowned himself "Hockey Guy". Yet the only thing he's capable of is fluff mini-columns that usually only appear online or in the back page of Sports section of the paper. He's never insightful and really just likes to state facts rather than interview and dig for good material.

Am I on my own in regards to this?

TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Why is Jeff Gordon employed?

Post by TSUCookieMonster »

Who?????

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

TSUCookieMonster wrote:Who?????
Jeff Gordon from the Post Distpatch/STLToday.com

Also known as "Gordo", "Hockey Guy", or "No Talent Ass Clown"

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

The NASCAR guy?

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

It's surprising he finds time to write for the Post Dispatch with his fulltime Nascar career.

tsblue
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by tsblue »

Gordon was exposed years ago and the Post moved him where no one looked. He is a complete hack.

TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Post by TSUCookieMonster »

Jeff Gordon is a race car driver... right?

:?

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

He's well versed in the movie "Slap Shot"

I will still never forget the time we were in the P-D elevator and we talked to a guy who works in the sports department. We mentioned Gordon and told the guy, "Tell him we're going to kick his ass." The look on the guy's face was priceless. :D
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

I try not to read any sports media in St. Louis. Not to sound high and mighty or anything, but all it is to me is sucking the peepees of the local sports teams, rather than doing their jobs and doing actual investigative stories that are interesting.

But that is a debate for some other time on some other post in some other future.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak