If you got Dish Notwork here's what you're missing..

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: If you got Dish Notwork here's what you're missing..

Post by kodos »

cprice12 wrote:
OPTIMEGUS wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:I have nothing to say to Fox Sports. Dish made the decision not to pay the fee. That's who gets my money; therefore, that's who gets the call. Either they fix it or I bolt. I bet DirectTV would probably pay me to join for as much money as I spend on TV coverage.
Yeah, I'd call up Dish and demand free Center Ice or something...surely they would give it to you. That wouldn't get you Blues games, but at least you'd get a lot of hockey.
I did that last night, the customer retention told me of my 24 month contract (7 months into) and said that the cancellation of Blues hockey was not a valid reason to request free cancellation.
That's insanely stupid.
If I signed up for Dishnetwork service, and one of the reasons I signed up for that service was because of a specific channel or specific events on their service, and then to have them remove that service 7 months into a 2 year contract, to me...they are in breach of contract.
But I am sure they have it written into their contract that they can change channels and services at any time they want...which is horrible customer service.

Man...I would be giving someone an earful. And I'd call back every damn day until something was done to either cancel my account without penalty, or I was given lots of free stuff (Center Ice or Movie stations, etc.)

Don't let these asshats bully you guys. This shit isn't fair. I kept calling DirecTV until I got free Center Ice because of the whole Versus thing.
If the person you are talking to can't help you, ask to talk to their supervisor. Be persistent and calm, but not belligerent.
Seriously. Blues hockey is one of the only reasons I even have cable. Otherwise I would just watch TV online.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

They lose all the time on enforcement of those contracts with respect to early termination fees. I would tell them to get bent and sue because it will cost them more than what they would collect to respond to suit.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

I was wondering why those 35 games were chosen to be blocked. Do you think that those 35 games were like the premium games the Blues have on weekends, where they charge more? It sounds to me like that was the situation. I mean, why those particular 35 games, and not others? It isn't random, either. Those games were hand picked.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

OPTIMEGUS wrote:I called again. They are blaming FSMW for the price increase.
My response would have been, "I fail to see how that is my problem."

Those excuses just aren't good enough. I would need free stuff, or I'd walk...and I wouldn't be paying any early cancellation fee.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

KC Express
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KC Express »

Those contracts you sign are so one-sided they are nearly unconscionable. There is usually no basis for you to terminate the contract. And they will send you to collections. Remember, they sent me for eight freaking cents.

Seriously, there is no company I hate more than Dish Network.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Let them send me to collections or ding my credit. It'll just give me some more damages for which to sue.

Just got off with a completely idiotic Dish Network person who barely knew what was going on. I told her that they have exactly one week to get it fixed or I'm walking. They also quoted my contract, and I said, "Contract disputes are what small-claims courts are made for. " :) We'll see if I get someone with brains in a couple of days. :)
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

KC Express wrote:This doesn't seem like news to me, because Dish Network is run by a group of retarded chimpanzees. Not to digress, but as far as I'm concerned Dish Network can suck my ass for days. When I canceled that BS in '01, my final bill was 51.08. I wrote them a check for 51.08. Unbenknownst to me, they couldn't read my writing because they're illiterate d-bags, and they cashed my check for 51.00. I am therefore the only person in the history of mankind to be sent to collections over 8 cents. I always knew they were complete shitbuckets, but this confirms it.
I had Comcast cable in Michigan, and when I canceled my account, I payed in full. At least, that's what I thought. Apparently I still owed something like 4 dollars and change. I had a threatening bill collector call and tell me that they were going to sue me unless I payed the $4.xx and a $50 processing fee. I filled a USPS Priority Mail envelope with 5 dollars in nickels and sent it to the collection agency. They never called back.

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

cprice12 wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:I have nothing to say to Fox Sports. Dish made the decision not to pay the fee. That's who gets my money; therefore, that's who gets the call. Either they fix it or I bolt. I bet DirectTV would probably pay me to join for as much money as I spend on TV coverage.
Yeah, I'd call up Dish and demand free Center Ice or something...surely they would give it to you. That wouldn't get you Blues games, but at least you'd get a lot of hockey.
I tried that on Thursday evening and they told me the would do it. Then they came back and said they would charge me 149 or something like that. I said no thanks. I was on there long enough that they got the point that I did not appreciate what they were doing and to stop being fuckwads about it. They got the point and they will be getting another call in a few weeks if it is still not resolved.

Funniest part of the call was when I asked them about the problem they said well you are getting something on your screen so there isn't a problem. I had to direct them to what was written in the Post about it and how come they did not know anything about it. They had no answer for that since I was talking to some chick named Trisha in El Salvador probably.
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Gotta love it when you get someone with an Indian accent named Martha on a customer service line...;)
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

VictorManthing
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by VictorManthing »

I had my Dish service turned off yesterday so we could stay within our initial 30 day window without paying any early termination fees. The Direct TV installer should be here on Saturday. That pretty much screws me out of watching the game tonight right? Well, when I left this morning, I checked the channels, and in addition to still having HSN, Bravo, and QVC, guess what else still shows up? VS and NHL network. Everything else is blocked. It's scheduled on the DVR for tonight... I just hope that the channel is still there when I get home from work today!
Let's Go Blooze!!!

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

So I guess FSMW updated their website with this last friday...
Attention Blues fans: DISH has decided not to televise tonight's game vs. the Wild and possibly many more this season. FOX Sports Midwest increased the number of Blues games it is televising and will show an all-time high 74 Blues games. Most distributors have decided to carry the additional games, but DISH has not. FOX Sports Midwest remains ready to find a solution, but unfortunately, we don't expect a deal anytime soon, as DISH has declined to negotiate with us. We will do our best to keep fans updated on this issue. Thank you.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

abc789987 wrote:So I guess FSMW updated their website with this last friday...
Attention Blues fans: DISH has decided not to televise tonight's game vs. the Wild and possibly many more this season. FOX Sports Midwest increased the number of Blues games it is televising and will show an all-time high 74 Blues games. Most distributors have decided to carry the additional games, but DISH has not. FOX Sports Midwest remains ready to find a solution, but unfortunately, we don't expect a deal anytime soon, as DISH has declined to negotiate with us. We will do our best to keep fans updated on this issue. Thank you.
And you can bet when this is resolved, neither side will do anything to say, "we're sorry" to their customers and Blues fans.

Seriously...if I was a Dish Customer, I'd have dropped them as soon as I heard this and signed up with someone else. There is no excuse for this crap.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/