Conklin or Mason

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Conklin or Mason

Post by cprice12 »

DaDitka wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Battra wrote:What do my game worn jerseys have to do with anything? Yes. I have game worn hockey jerseys. Yes, I only wear game worn hockey jerseys. If you're jealous, I wouldn't blame you. Before I had any I was very jealous of people who had them. I consider myself to be very luck to have acquired the jerseys I have. Especially my Sanford gamers.
That is gold right there. :lol:

Did he really type that or did you hack his account and post it for him?

There is no way he really posted that......

Is there?
I do not "hack" into other's accounts and post things.

He posted it.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

cprice12 wrote:He posted it.
I have little to no doubt of that. I'm sure DaDitka was just in shock after reading that. Hell, I missed it in his original post. I usually stop reading after his first 15 "logical fallacies". :wink:

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

BTW, it's quite an accomplishment that this thread is now on page 7. This might be a bit premature, but I'd like to nominate it for future consideration in the HOF.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

I thought of this thread Saturday night watching Conklin.

I thought he flopped around WAY too much and seemed late to get himself back into position. A few of the goals were pretty soft and I remember screaming a few times about leaving the post open when he went to make the save.

I'm not usually fixated on the goalie's play but his poor game kind of brought it to the forefront for me.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

cprice12 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Battra wrote:What do my game worn jerseys have to do with anything? Yes. I have game worn hockey jerseys. Yes, I only wear game worn hockey jerseys. If you're jealous, I wouldn't blame you. Before I had any I was very jealous of people who had them. I consider myself to be very luck to have acquired the jerseys I have. Especially my Sanford gamers.

Is there?

He posted it.
It was a joke

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

SIU LAW wrote:Image
I'm jealous!
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

DaDitka wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
cprice12 wrote:

Is there?

He posted it.
It was a joke
Ahh...well then, that's what these are for -----> :wink:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

:aaaa: ZOMG!!!!!!!!

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Prngr44 wrote:I thought of this thread Saturday night watching Conklin.

I thought he flopped around WAY too much and seemed late to get himself back into position. A few of the goals were pretty soft and I remember screaming a few times about leaving the post open when he went to make the save.

I'm not usually fixated on the goalie's play but his poor game kind of brought it to the forefront for me.

Whoa, what are you doing? This thread isn't for actual hockey talk.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

cprice12 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
cprice12 wrote:

Is there?

He posted it.
It was a joke
Ahh...well then, that's what these are for -----> :wink:
Sorry, still 'feeling' my way around here.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Battra »

kodos wrote:This is like the tamest Internet fight ever. I welcome you aboard Batra. Your opinions might make no sense at all, but at least you keep things interesting. This board can use the drama as far a I'm concerned.
Oh, I don't get upset at internet warriors, like SIU LAW.

I just don't care.

I'll always have my own opinions, based on what I see and think...I'll be right sometimes, I'll be wrong sometimes, sometimes I'll be called a fool, and proven right in the end...then I'll preen.

Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Battra »

SIU LAW wrote:You see that is the thing about Battra.

When it comes to talking about himself, he either posts things like that intentionally trying to draw some flack, hoping to spark more argument, or he is a truly sad and not quite right. (I’m not just talking about the $750 for a Sanford beer league jersey, I’m talking about the “I speak clearly and confidently” crap).

This is identical to his style when arguing about hockey. He is either taking absurd and ignorant positions just to argue or he truly believes what he is saying and is…well…God help him.

Just look around the Asylum to see the repeated patterns.

Just word search “ad hominem” and “logical fallacies” and you will find some posts of his, arguing with Asylum members.

You will also note that when someone asks him to give specific examples of bad play (or something similar) to justify his position, he turns around asking for that person to provide examples, never meeting that challenge, just spewing and on and on for the sake of argument. So his approach is not unique to this thread. Like I said, his M.O. is well known.

For the record, as far as I can remember, I have never engaged him on the Asylum. So it’s not like I got a past history with the guy. I just know about his BS.

There is nothing wrong with a dissenting or contrary opinion, but he has a specific pattern of conduct. He is either a troll or really f-ing stupid.
SIU LAW,

You're the one that's been talking about me. The only time I've spoken about myself, is in response to your mentioning my jerseys, to mentioning things about me.

I have a worry about Mason. Very few people seem to hold this view. That's fine. I had a worry about Toivonen, etc.

Yup...I'll mention ad hominem and logical fallacy to the folks who need to use them. I don't. :)

Try discussing a topic with me, instead of relying on my reputation with people who yourself refer to as crazy people. You're basing your opinion of me by what people you denigrate think.

That's funny. :)

Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Battra »

strocklen083 wrote:
stlbluz wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:
kodos wrote:This is like the tamest Internet fight ever. I welcome you aboard Batra. Your opinions might make no sense at all, but at least you keep things interesting. This board can use the drama as far a I'm concerned.
:doh:

Banter like Battra's is Asylum fodder. We come here to AVOID that non-sense. Sure we don't get along with each other and often have different opinions. But at least we bring sanity and reason to our view points.
Screw you.
Jeez dude, don't get your panties all up in a bunch!

After his most recent comments, I'm leaning towards keeping this thread alive all season. If the guy's really offering $750 for a Sanford "gamer" from the Otters era, then I'd say he's batshit crazy. In which case he might provide some good entertainment for the rest of us.
Any particular reason that wanting the first Pro-Jersey of your favorite player is bat-shit crazy?

How many gamers do you have btw? Well, I'd think none. :)

On top of that, the 99-00 era Otters jerseys were the best looking ones they ever had, complete with an Inaugural season patch...I love patches.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Did you have a worry about Sanford?
Last edited by kodos on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Battra »

Ahh...you don't have the front picture w/the sweet patch.

I also really like the three dimensional looking numbering...the sparkling silver. That's the away jersey. A collector on the order that I could never, ever be has that one. I believe he lives in Pennsylvania. He's got so many, many gamers.

I've found both of Sandman's River Otters gamers...the white jersey is residing in St. Louis and can often be seen at the Blues games. It's owned by a poster from the Asylum named Stanley4Blues...ahhh...offered him the world for that one I did...even though he basically ruined it.

He had every River Otter ever sign it...sacrilege in the hobby.

Of course, you have no idea about the hobby anyway.

Battra
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Battra »

Also, I was shocked to see this was still going on, and that SIU LAW is still talking about me.

:)

Thanks for the ego boost.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

What's the hobby? Homoerotic crushes on men who get paid to smack a rubber disc around some ice?

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Battra wrote:
Ahh...you don't have the front picture w/the sweet patch.

I also really like the three dimensional looking numbering...the sparkling silver. That's the away jersey. A collector on the order that I could never, ever be has that one. I believe he lives in Pennsylvania. He's got so many, many gamers.

I've found both of Sandman's River Otters gamers...the white jersey is residing in St. Louis and can often be seen at the Blues games. It's owned by a poster from the Asylum named Stanley4Blues...ahhh...offered him the world for that one I did...even though he basically ruined it.

He had every River Otter ever sign it...sacrilege in the hobby.

Of course, you have no idea about the hobby anyway.
:facepalm:
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock