Blues Uni question

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Blues Uni question

Post by kodos »

The Thirds are two dark. They look black. The team is called the Blues, not the Blacks.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

kodos wrote:The Thirds are two dark. They look black. The team is called the Blues, not the Blacks.
If we were the Blacks, would A. Nigro be on our team?
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

DaDitka wrote:
stlbluz wrote:I really like the 3rd, though I wouldn't completely replace the regular home jersey with it.
Gotta agree. I love the crest on the third jersey and the tie neck, but it should remain the alternate - the Blue Note isn't going anywhere.
For some odd reason I've always like the 'tie neck' style, kinda old school. As soon as I saw that our 3rd had it I had to get one.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

#1ELPBluzFan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by #1ELPBluzFan »

I've said before that the Navy Blue looks black on TV, but great in person, and having "no Royal Blue" was a mistake.

IFFFF, we modify the current jersies by putting a smaller version of the "Arch crest" on the shoulders, and incorporate the "tie neck"...I think it would be great.
Mark P

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

NOOOO, I hate everything about the third jerseys and if we incorporate anything from them into our regular jersey's I would be pissed. It is ok for a third jersey but it should stay that. And as far as the arch logo on the shoulders and an alternate logo, I wouldn't mind that but I think it needs to be something other than the one on the third.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

#1ELPBluzFan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by #1ELPBluzFan »

I like the trumpets on the "stlanted jersey" but I thought they messed up the Blue version of that jersey by putting RED on the bottom instead of Yellow and leaving the red as an accent color only.
Mark P

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

#1ELPBluzFan wrote:I like the trumpets on the "stlanted jersey" but I thought they messed up the Blue version of that jersey by putting RED on the bottom instead of Yellow and leaving the red as an accent color only.

I also liked the trumpet alot, I don't think it will go as well with these jerseys as the clown jerserys, that I love.

#1ELPBluzFan
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by #1ELPBluzFan »

So, do you think the "clown jerseys" would have looked better with yellow on the bottom instead of the red?
Mark P

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

#1ELPBluzFan wrote:So, do you think the "clown jerseys" would have looked better with yellow on the bottom instead of the red?

I don't know, I am in the minority of people who thing the red was awesome on the jersey. I would have to see it with yellow, but it doesn't sound like that would be too bad either.

Kohl
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Kohl »

section319 wrote:NOOOO, I hate everything about the third jerseys and if we incorporate anything from them into our regular jersey's I would be pissed. It is ok for a third jersey but it should stay that. And as far as the arch logo on the shoulders and an alternate logo, I wouldn't mind that but I think it needs to be something other than the one on the third.

Is this really even that big of an issue? Lets worry about our injuries and record, not the fashion aspect.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Kohl wrote:
section319 wrote:NOOOO, I hate everything about the third jerseys and if we incorporate anything from them into our regular jersey's I would be pissed. It is ok for a third jersey but it should stay that. And as far as the arch logo on the shoulders and an alternate logo, I wouldn't mind that but I think it needs to be something other than the one on the third.

Is this really even that big of an issue? Lets worry about our injuries and record, not the fashion aspect.
Is there a reason you quoted my post and not the other 30 that have to do with our jerseys?

You do realize this thread is about the blues jerseys, right? Not injuries or our record, but since you asked, yes it is that big of a deal if we turn our third jerseys into our primary jerseys.

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

section319 wrote:
Kohl wrote:

Is there a reason you quoted my post and not the other 30 that have to do with our jerseys?

You do realize this thread is about the blues jerseys, right? Not injuries or our record, but since you asked, yes it is that big of a deal if we turn our third jerseys into our primary jerseys.
Because you said that red on a Blues jersey is ok. You deserved to be called out.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

stlbluz wrote:
section319 wrote:
Kohl wrote:

Because you said that red on a Blues jersey is ok. You deserved to be called out.

Just like there being no "royal blue" on the third jerseys, should not be all dark blue.