meanwhile down on the farm...

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

meanwhile down on the farm...

Post by glen a richter »

Junland, Drazenovic and Eller are all off to fantastic starts, so why in the heck are they not up here getting well needed NHL experience in place of some of the walking zombies this team is currently icing?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: meanwhile down on the farm...

Post by section319 »

Because strachan and peteo are first and we lready have enough dmen as is. And eller isn't close.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

In what universe does Sydor or Brewer belong on this team?

Ace
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Ace »

8)

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

Sydors play hasnt been that bad. On the other hand Brewer should have been sent down to Peoria for at least a month to get recondition. Atleast a -3 with 6 goals scored against in the two games played. Off to a great start that Brewer.

To play off the John Hamm video...I wasnt chanting Brew-er, I was booing.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

philco_3 wrote:Sydors play hasnt been that bad.
Be that as it may, what exactly does he offer to this team long term? Junland is perfectly capable and should be getting the necessary NHL experience.

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

glen a richter wrote:
philco_3 wrote:Sydors play hasnt been that bad.
Be that as it may, what exactly does he offer to this team long term? Junland is perfectly capable and should be getting the necessary NHL experience.
He offers his experience to Erik Johnson, which will pay off long-term. I can't comment on Junlund -- I haven't seen him play....

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I thought this team desperately needed offense from the blueline, based on last seasons abortion of a contribution.

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

glen a richter wrote:I thought this team desperately needed offense from the blueline, based on last seasons abortion of a contribution.
Based on the last two games, we desperately need offense from anywhere we can find it.

Seriously, I really don't think our problems are on Defense....

comeoriginal
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by comeoriginal »

Ace wrote:8)
Unofficial LGB Sponsor of glen a richter

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I think that the severe lack of an offensive contribution from the blueline puts totally unnecessary pressure on the young forwards to contribute. Apart from EJ, the defense contributes jackshit offensively. Hell, even swap Weaver out for Junland and let Junland/Sydor/Strachan alternate in a 2 games in, 1 game out rotation. Sydor will still be around to help EJ along and Junland will (hopefully) help offensively every couple of games. Besides that, Sydor can also help along Junland, if that's what his purpose is on this team.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Also, while Section319 addressed his concerns regarding Eller (11 points in 11 games, thus far), Drazenovic wasn't addressed. I'm sure there's some valid reason he's not up, but he has 12 points in 11 games and I don't know why the hell he's not getting even a 10 game trial. It's not like they have to send him back to juniors and lose him for the season. If he doesn't work out, he doesn't work out.

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Offensively, Junlund is off to a great start.

I still contend that he will be trade bait. If the Blues can't get him on their roster, there is a a big chance he is going to head back overseas at the end of the season. JD had mentioned early last season that Junlund turned down bigger money overseas to try and crack the NHL. He was going to give it one more year. Apparently, Junlund extended his own patience for another season. Unless the injury bug hits hard, Junlund just won't get an extend look this season. There is just too many "NHL-ers" currently fighting for spots, and another guy with almost no NHL experience can't crack right now.

So with this all in mind, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Blues deal him if they cannot make room for him. The guy is a ticking going AWOL/lost prospect bomb and the Blues know it.

As for Eller, his time is coming. A regular may get waived or benched before 2010 hits, and perhaps Eller will get his shot. The guy is being fast tracked, so we will see him sooner or later.

No clue about Drazenovic.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

They aren't in a position to pay NHL $$ for someone to play in the minors so they can pay someone on a 2 way deal NHL money. End of discussion.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

SIU LAW wrote:Offensively, Junlund is off to a great start.

I still contend that he will be trade bait. If the Blues can't get him on their roster, there is a a big chance he is going to head back overseas at the end of the season. JD had mentioned early last season that Junlund turned down bigger money overseas to try and crack the NHL. He was going to give it one more year. Apparently, Junlund extended his own patience for another season. Unless the injury bug hits hard, Junlund just won't get an extend look this season. There is just too many "NHL-ers" currently fighting for spots, and another guy with almost no NHL experience can't crack right now.

So with this all in mind, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Blues deal him if they cannot make room for him. The guy is a ticking going AWOL/lost prospect bomb and the Blues know it.
That blows.

Wish we'd give him a shot already.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Post by TSUCookieMonster »

SIU LAW wrote:
There is just too many "NHL-ers" currently fighting for spots, and another guy with almost no NHL experience can't crack right now.
Just love that we have so many guys who are fighting for a spot, but we can't even store a single goal in 120 minutes of playing time. Clearly the guys who are currently playing need an ass whipping that Murray won't give.

Right now I think Jeff Finley playing offense would be more productive than a lot of our current rostered players.

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

TSUCookieMonster wrote:Right now I think Jeff Finley playing offense would be more productive than a lot of our current rostered players.
That is a profane thought right there.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

TSUCookieMonster wrote: but we can't even store a single goal in 120 minutes of playing time.

Why store them when we need them so bad right now? :wink:

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Post by TSUCookieMonster »

Exactly!

:doh:

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.

blueline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by blueline »

Agree that Brewer needs a month or so here in Peoria. Eller and Junland are starting out strong. The biggest test will come during the second half of the season. Eller should hit the Euro wall. I have noticed that these guys don't have anything left in the tank during the second half of the season or playoff push. That said, Eller will not be in Peoria next season. I agree that someone will be dumped or moved to make room for him. they are not used to the physical play. It took Polak 2 full years to adjust to the game. He too was ticked off about not getting his shot earlier. Junland will get his shot if he waits. He still needs to improve his speed and D coverage. Great offensive skills as a D-man but needs to finish this season out in Peoria or we use him in a trade. Drazenavic is benefiting from added conditioning and strength from the off season. I just don't ever see him cracking any NHL line-up IMO.