meanwhile down on the farm...

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Re: meanwhile down on the farm...

Post by xbleed83bluex »

Am I nuts? Sydor has been one of our better defenseman. I definitely wouldn't scratch him to play Junland or Eller at this point. Sydor is our most experienced defenseman...he has already proven himself as a good player while Junland and Eller are still learning. If this were the playoffs, I'd be more comfortable with Sydor in there than Eller! Don't hate on Sydor, he's playing awesome for a defensive-minded defenseman.
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.

ilhockeyguy
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by ilhockeyguy »

xbleed83bluex wrote:Am I nuts? Sydor has been one of our better defenseman. I definitely wouldn't scratch him to play Junland or Eller at this point. Sydor is our most experienced defenseman...he has already proven himself as a good player while Junland and Eller are still learning. If this were the playoffs, I'd be more comfortable with Sydor in there than Eller! Don't hate on Sydor, he's playing awesome for a defensive-minded defenseman.
Yes sir...you are nuts. Sydor has been out of position on several goals, been beaten by faster players on several, etc. (granted, several have been on the PP) EJ is also getting up in the play too much and can't get back as fast as he used to be able to (at least not yet) He hasn't gotten the speed all the way back. I'm seeing him try to hard for the shot pass that he and Al are working on. Yes, 7 pts in 12 games, but maybe he's trying too hard to help...just let it happen

comeoriginal
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by comeoriginal »

ilhockeyguy wrote:
xbleed83bluex wrote:Am I nuts? Sydor has been one of our better defenseman. I definitely wouldn't scratch him to play Junland or Eller at this point. Sydor is our most experienced defenseman...he has already proven himself as a good player while Junland and Eller are still learning. If this were the playoffs, I'd be more comfortable with Sydor in there than Eller! Don't hate on Sydor, he's playing awesome for a defensive-minded defenseman.
Yes sir...you are nuts. Sydor has been out of position on several goals, been beaten by faster players on several, etc. (granted, several have been on the PP) EJ is also getting up in the play too much and can't get back as fast as he used to be able to (at least not yet) He hasn't gotten the speed all the way back. I'm seeing him try to hard for the shot pass that he and Al are working on. Yes, 7 pts in 12 games, but maybe he's trying too hard to help...just let it happen
EJ needs to be meaner. He's huge, the other team should be afraid of him. :letsgoblues:

I want to see more of this(the first clip in the video):
Unofficial LGB Sponsor of glen a richter

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

You do realize Eller is a forward, so yeah I would be more comfortable with sydor on defense than Eller too ,but I would be even more comfortable with Strachan in there instead of Sydor.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

xbleed83bluex wrote: Don't hate on Sydor, he's playing awesome for a defensive-minded defenseman.

Either you are related to Sydor, or simply not paying attention. While I will agree that he has played better of late (though that may only because we are comparing him to brewer, 'AWSOME' is far from the term to describe his play.

I wouldn’t sit him for Junland, but if Brewer ever ‘returns to form’ (I use that term loosely) I would rather Strachan play then Sydor.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

section319 wrote:Because strachan and peteo are first and we lready have enough dmen as is. And eller isn't close.
:facepalm:

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

STL JA wrote:
section319 wrote:Because strachan and peteo are first and we lready have enough dmen as is. And eller isn't close.

And what problem do you have with that? That this is his first year in America and has played all of like 12 games in the AHL?

JWatt (formerly PMS)
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JWatt (formerly PMS) »

section319 wrote:
STL JA wrote:

And what problem do you have with that? That this is his first year in America and has played all of like 12 games in the AHL?
Was Berglund close last year? That was his first year in North America. Eller will be here full-time next season, so saying he isn't close is a bit of a stretch.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

JWatt (formerly PMS) wrote:
section319 wrote:
STL JA wrote:

Was Berglund close last year? That was his first year in North America. Eller will be here full-time next season, so saying he isn't close is a bit of a stretch.
Yeah and Berglund played more than one season in Sweden after he got drafted and since you bring up Berglund how has he been doing since the second half of last season. I am not saying he isn't ready to be up here but people are acting like if we call him up here he will be the answer to all of our problems, i hope he is but I doubt it.

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

section319 wrote:
section319 wrote:
STL JA wrote:

Yeah and Berglund played more than one season in Sweden after he got drafted and since you bring up Berglund how has he been doing since the second half of last season. I am not saying he isn't ready to be up here but people are acting like if we call him up here he will be the answer to all of our problems, i hope he is but I doubt it.
Who's this "Berglund" chap????

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

He use to play teh hockies for the Blues.

JWatt (formerly PMS)
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JWatt (formerly PMS) »

section319 wrote:
section319 wrote:
STL JA wrote:

Berglund also never played in the SEL and scoring 40+points and being +10 as a 20-year-old rookie in the NHL is quite an accomplishment. I'm just saying Eller has to be better than Stastny or even Winchester for that matter. I think it's perfectly fine to shuttle him back and forth from Peoria a few times to get him some NHL experience. Sometimes, just some young blood in the lineup can spark a team.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

section319 wrote:
section319 wrote:
STL JA wrote:

Berglund also never played in the SEL and scoring 40+points and being +10 as a 20-year-old rookie in the NHL is quite an accomplishment. I'm just saying Eller has to be better than Stastny or even Winchester for that matter. I think it's perfectly fine to shuttle him back and forth from Peoria a few times to get him some NHL experience. Sometimes, just some young blood in the lineup can spark a team.
No, I completely agree, Eller should've been up here a while ago, Winchester has been invisible this entire season. When Andy is back we need to send Winchester down and keep Eller up here.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

section319 wrote:
section319 wrote:
section319 wrote:
STL JA wrote: :facepalm:

No, I completely agree, Eller should've been up here a while ago, Winchester has been invisible this entire season. When Andy is back we need to send Winchester down and keep Eller up here.
I thought originally you said "Eller isn't close". Is that your opinion or your assessment of managements opinion?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

STL JA
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by STL JA »

section319 wrote:
section319 wrote:
section319 wrote:
STL JA wrote: :facepalm:

:moran:

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

STL JA wrote:
section319 wrote:
section319 wrote:
section319 wrote:
:moran:
:frankyou:
Where's the douche smiley?