Blues vs. Canucks - 7 pm CST - KMOX/Center Ice Only!

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Blues vs. Canucks - 7 pm CST - KMOX/Center Ice Only!

Post by glen a richter »

Holy shit, it's Darnell! Too good to join us in teh flashchat? :lol:
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

richtedm wrote:
TSUCookieMonster wrote:I didn't see this mentioned on the board... please follow the logic. Eric Brewer. Played 24:00 last night. WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW HE FINISHES +/- -1 WHEN YOUR TEAM SCORES 6 GOALS AND YOU PLAY NEARLY HALF THE GAME?!?!?!?!?

I could see how this could POSSIBLY happen if the Canucks got 2 or 3 goals, but they got ONE goal, Blues got SIX. He was out there for ZERO of the Blues goals and the ONLY Canucks goal....

:aaaa: :aaaa: :aaaa: :aaaa: :aaaa:
I thought Brewer played a real good hockey game last night. The goal was scored because Mason mishandled the puck behind the net and got caught. Brewer had nothing to do with that -1. Hate the guy, by all means, but his performance last night helped the team. I thought he was the second best defenseman on the entire ice last night after EJ.
++
But people will complain even if we win 6-1.
Geez, Oshie was a -1 as well...slacker.

Brewer played alot on the PK. Speaking of, I pulled this from the asylum:

Teams have scored 1 goal in that last 25 chances against the Blues.

Top PKers in the last 4 games and their TOI:

Eric Brewer 22:49
Mike Weaver 22:09
Jay McClement 19:35
BJ Crombeen 14:26
Roman Polak 13:27
TJ Oshie 12:35
David Backes 12:23
Barrett Jackman with 9:00 in 2 games back

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

glen a richter wrote:Holy shit, it's Darnell! Too good to join us in teh flashchat? :lol:
I'll be back in the flashchat again at some point. I decided the Blues struggles this season at home have been due, in large part, to my absence at the Scott. Needless to say I wasn't surprised when I arrived and the Blues immediately scored 4 goals. Thank me later. Or now. Whichever works.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Thank you sir, may we have another?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

The game was indeed on Center Ice....but on DirecTV they cut the feed midway through the 3rd period. I missed Perron's hat trick goal. :evil:

Did that happen to anyone else?
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

cprice12 wrote:The game was indeed on Center Ice....but on DirecTV they cut the feed midway through the 3rd period. I missed Perron's hat trick goal. :evil:

I got to watch the full game here in Dallas. Must have been a STL thing.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

It was fine in Denver too. What a game! Lots of goals, lots of fights, lots of fun to watch.

I'm glad I dropped Perron from one of my fantasy teams two weeks ago. :facepalm:
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

richtedm wrote: Hate the guy, by all means, but his performance last night helped the team. I thought he was the second best defenseman on the entire ice last night after EJ.

Brewer played better, but her sure still had quite a fair share of mistakes. It really seems he still hasn't gotten use to the speed of the game yet. (He's well accusome to his complete lack of skill)

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

big d note wrote:It was fine in Denver too. What a game! Lots of goals, lots of fights, lots of fun to watch.

I'm glad I dropped Perron from one of my fantasy teams two weeks ago. :facepalm:
After his zero points in 7 games start to the season, some Yahoo fantasy expert had him in his "drop" section. Then Perron went on his tear. I sent the guy an e-mail asking him to put Kariya, Backes, Boyes, and Berglund on that list as well and thanks in advance. Never heard back, but I thought it was worth a try.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

As for Brewer not being accountable for -1, I guess it's just his "bad luck" that he is coincidentally on the ice for so many even strength goals. I guess that -7 in 6 games played is just snakebit recently...not to mention the team has one win in those games.

:roll:

Edit: LMAO ... Pietrangelo is ahead of Brewer @ -8... guess what has happened in the last 5 games when he has been mostly paired with Brewer? yep, he's -8... was even before Brewer came back. All the rest of our defenders (except coca cola) are + players, btw... go look it up.
Last edited by not_a_wings_fan on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

richtedm wrote:
big d note wrote:It was fine in Denver too. What a game! Lots of goals, lots of fights, lots of fun to watch.

After his zero points in 7 games start to the season, some Yahoo fantasy expert had him in his "drop" section. Then Perron went on his tear. I sent the guy an e-mail asking him to put Kariya, Backes, Boyes, and Berglund on that list as well and thanks in advance. Never heard back, but I thought it was worth a try.

I thought Paulie, Bergie, and Boyes all played well last night (at lest Paulie skated hard), but Backes.....looks a looonnngg way off. I know he's a 'slow starter' but I'm not sure 15 couldn't have done a better job last night.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

DaDitka wrote:
richtedm wrote:

I thought Paulie, Bergie, and Boyes all played well last night (at lest Paulie skated hard), but Backes.....looks a looonnngg way off. I know he's a 'slow starter' but I'm not sure 15 couldn't have done a better job last night.
Yeah they all looked solid. This was a couple weeks ago. Backes needs to pick up the intensity of his physical play and the rest will flow. He only half-finished one hit last night. He doesn't seem to have any swagger. Last year I seem to recall he struggled, then picked up his physical intensity, then started really lighting the lamp.

comeoriginal
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by comeoriginal »

I'm still not convinced that Backes is a goal scorer.
Unofficial LGB Sponsor of glen a richter

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

cprice12 wrote:The game was indeed on Center Ice....but on DirecTV they cut the feed midway through the 3rd period. I missed Perron's hat trick goal. :evil:

Nope. Saw the whole game.

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:As for Brewer not being accountable for -1, I guess it's just his "bad luck" that he is coincidentally on the ice for so many even strength goals. I guess that -7 in 6 games played is just snakebit recently...not to mention the team has one win in those games.

Edit: LMAO ... Pietrangelo is ahead of Brewer @ -8... guess what has happened in the last 5 games when he has been mostly paired with Brewer? yep, he's -8... was even before Brewer came back. All the rest of our defenders (except coca cola) are + players, btw... go look it up.
Good thing you are only looking at one stat.

BTW, I like the defensive pairings. Jackman and Polak looked real solid.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

northwest dave wrote:BTW, I like the defensive pairings. Jackman and Polak looked real solid.
That seemed odd to me. 2 shut down D paired together. I thought you normally try to put an offensive type with a defensive type?

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Prngr44 wrote:
northwest dave wrote:BTW, I like the defensive pairings. Jackman and Polak looked real solid.
That seemed odd to me. 2 shut down D paired together. I thought you normally try to put an offensive type with a defensive type?
I think Polak is supposed to be the offensive dman, although he is Mr. Shoot Wide.

Brewer and Weaver were the shut down pair. Or at least they were paired with Vancouver's top lines most of the time.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

northwest dave wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:As for Brewer not being accountable for -1, I guess it's just his "bad luck" that he is coincidentally on the ice for so many even strength goals. I guess that -7 in 6 games played is just snakebit recently...not to mention the team has one win in those games.

It is kind of the only stat that really matters to a defenseman, isn't it? It's not like he's pt per game offense or lighting people up with crushing body checks or really keying the breakout from our own zone, is he?

Stats are only one source of information, but if you don't listen to them you run the risk of over-rating the performance of your own players.

Why do you think other teams consistently net even strength goals against the Blues when Brewer is on the ice more so than when any other pairing is out there?
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:
northwest dave wrote:

It is kind of the only stat that really matters to a defenseman, isn't it? It's not like he's pt per game offense or lighting people up with crushing body checks or really keying the breakout from our own zone, is he?

Stats are only one source of information, but if you don't listen to them you run the risk of over-rating the performance of your own players.

Why do you think other teams consistently net even strength goals against the Blues when Brewer is on the ice more so than when any other pairing is out there?
Brewer and Weaver (or whoever) are usually out there with the other team's top line and usually with the McClement line (not a scoring line). So offense is not going to take priority. The +/- stat is an indicator of the overall play. Especially with a home game where Murray has the last change, so he could pair the other dman (EJ) and forwards to Vancouver's lower lines.

But as I watch Brewer the last couple of games, he's played well. Nothing fantastic, but he's been real solid. I just don't see much to complain about.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Of course, the one game that I didn't see was the game where we win 6-1, but darned if I missed it.

And since I didn't see it, the team still stinks. Fire everyone. :facepalm:
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.