"Where's the basketball practice?"

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

"Where's the basketball practice?"

Post by kodos »

ImageImageImageImageImage

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Where's the basketball practice?"

Post by cprice12 »

I was thinking the same thing.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I have no idea what this thread means but it sure makes me chuckle.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Post by stlmark »

I see what ya did there. :lol:
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

Here's the scoop...

Between periods they were doing an MTV cribs style thing on TJ Oshie and his new condo. It was very lame, and watching it definitely removed a tiny piece of my remaining humanity.

Anyways, they were looking at all of his hats, and they "journalist" guy asked him about Murray's dislike for backwards caps and Oshie said that if Murray catches him wearing a backwards cap that he always says something like "Where's the basketball practice?"

Wow. Just wow. Seriously. If TJ Oshie was black, do you think Murray would have said the same thing? No way. Not in a million years.

I mean, on a scale of 1 to 10 on the "thats-f***ed-up" racism meter, this comment is probably only a 5 or 6... but still, it's a little f***ed up.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

kodos wrote:Anyways, they were looking at all of his hats, and they "journalist" guy asked him about Murray's dislike for backwards caps and Oshie said that if Murray catches him wearing a backwards cap that he always says something like "Where's the basketball practice?"
:lol: :lol:

I detect a "dad" level of latent racism in that statement... not quite reaching "grandpa" level though.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

kodos wrote:Here's the scoop...

Between periods they were doing an MTV cribs style thing on TJ Oshie and his new condo. It was very lame, and watching it definitely removed a tiny piece of my remaining humanity.

Anyways, they were looking at all of his hats, and they "journalist" guy asked him about Murray's dislike for backwards caps and Oshie said that if Murray catches him wearing a backwards cap that he always says something like "Where's the basketball practice?"

Wow. Just wow. Seriously. If TJ Oshie was black, do you think Murray would have said the same thing? No way. Not in a million years.

I mean, on a scale of 1 to 10 on the "thats-f***ed-up" racism meter, this comment is probably only a 5 or 6... but still, it's a little f***ed up.
:lol:
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

ZigZagBluesFan
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by ZigZagBluesFan »

This guy would like to remind you that white people play basketball too...

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

now that's good stuff

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

ZigZagBluesFan wrote:Image

This guy would like to remind you that white people play basketball too...
So would this guy...

which leads exactly to my next point- I don't think it was a racist comment. Even the majority of white guys who play basketball now a days in the pros dress and carry themselves in the thug image. A part of that is a backwards baseball hat and to someone like Murray I can understand the comment. I think it was more of a smack to the image of basketball as opposed to race.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

[youtube][/youtube]
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

ohio BLUES wrote:
kodos wrote:Anyways, they were looking at all of his hats, and they "journalist" guy asked him about Murray's dislike for backwards caps and Oshie said that if Murray catches him wearing a backwards cap that he always says something like "Where's the basketball practice?"
:lol: :lol:

I detect a "dad" level of latent racism in that statement... not quite reaching "grandpa" level though.
:lol: :plusplus:
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

WaukeeBlues wrote:which leads exactly to my next point- I don't think it was a racist comment. Even the majority of white guys who play basketball now a days in the pros dress and carry themselves in the thug image. A part of that is a backwards baseball hat and to someone like Murray I can understand the comment. I think it was more of a smack to the image of basketball as opposed to race.
Oshie should be able to wear a neon pink rhinestone encrusted jumpsuit with faux angel wings if he wants to. All the coach needs to worry about is how he performs for the team.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

kodos wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:which leads exactly to my next point- I don't think it was a racist comment. Even the majority of white guys who play basketball now a days in the pros dress and carry themselves in the thug image. A part of that is a backwards baseball hat and to someone like Murray I can understand the comment. I think it was more of a smack to the image of basketball as opposed to race.
Oshie should be able to wear a neon pink rhinestone encrusted jumpsuit with faux angel wings if he wants to. All the coach needs to worry about is how he performs for the team.
I doubt any executive at any level of the St. Louis Blues organization would object to Murray making a few comments here and there to a player that doesn't carry himself as a professional or what's expected of a professional athlete that wears the bluenote. I say that generally, not specifically in regards to Oshie wearing a hat backwards. I don't think it's that big a deal though I find Murray's comment funny and completely okay.

I'm old fashioned, I praise the pros that show up to the stadium wearing suits and ties and are clean cut. Image is huge to me. Many disagree. Including this guy...

I seriously do not care how good of a coach you are, if I was the owner of the Patriots I would not let Bill wear that god forsaken cut off hoodie at the sidelines of another game. He looks like a hobo and it's an embarassment, IMO. Like I said, a lot of people disagree but I simply feel that the image that people give to the public says a lot about themselves (and in the case of pro sports) the organization they represent.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
kodos wrote:
I doubt any executive at any level of the St. Louis Blues organization would object to Murray making a few comments here and there to a player that doesn't carry himself as a professional or what's expected of a professional athlete that wears the bluenote. I say that generally, not specifically in regards to Oshie wearing a hat backwards. I don't think it's that big a deal though I find Murray's comment funny and completely okay.

I'm old fashioned, I praise the pros that show up to the stadium wearing suits and ties and are clean cut. Image is huge to me. Many disagree. Including this guy...

I seriously do not care how good of a coach you are, if I was the owner of the Patriots I would not let Bill wear that god forsaken cut off hoodie at the sidelines of another game. He looks like a hobo and it's an embarassment, IMO. Like I said, a lot of people disagree but I simply feel that the image that people give to the public says a lot about themselves (and in the case of pro sports) the organization they represent.
You wouldn't be able to have that attitude in the northwest. It's about performance, not how you look.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

But this is just a case of Murray being out of touch. It's perfectly normal for a 21 year old kid to be wearing his hat backwards. It's in fashion. Who freaking cares.

It's not like he's wearing fuzzy bunny ears out on the town or anything. It's a hat.