GDT- Note @ Columbus Blue Jackets- 6 PM Central

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: GDT- Note @ Columbus Blue Jackets- 6 PM Central

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Fire Murray. The season's just about over if they don't.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

Yup. We played a team that knows what to do when the other team pulls their goalie. Hope we were taking notes.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

This team is a joke to watch. When was the last time we actually connected on a pass out of the zone?

They just simply aren't playing for Murray. Add in the fact that Kariya is still getting top-line time, and that really pushes for a Murray firing.

Yes, I am aware of that he scored tonight. Doesn't mean he played a good overall game.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

TSUCookieMonster
All-Star
All-Star

Post by TSUCookieMonster »

ProngerBlues44 wrote: Add in the fact that Kariya is still getting top-line time, and that really pushes for a Murray firing.
Didn't Kariya score one of the goals last night??

:wink:

But seriously, I agree. But we BOTH know that nothing is going to change after this game. Just another loss... another day with Murray... another chance.

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

25 games into the season and Murray has managed a .500 record.

Checketts and Co. will soon have to back up their talk, and if they don't, their talk has been worthless.

"St. Louis Blues' 2009-2010 Season: A Year For the Dumpster." (Advertise that!)
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

We came out in the third playing not to lose again. Not only does that never work, but I’m not sure they noticed that we were only tied….not leading to start the third anyways.

Perhaps Murray was “playing for the point on the road”, but when you’ve played as poorly as you have you can’t afford yourself that luxury.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Oz-iz-God
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Oz-iz-God »

Even with our stretch of decent play recently - did anyone have any hope at all once CBJ scored that third goal?

I flipped to football game. I knew the Blues were done scoring for the night because I've seen this particular movie too many times this year.

They'll give one good period. If that period isn't enough to get them a lead (which Murray can then go into a shell with), they lose.

Dump Murray.
[Aode] 10:34 pm: well, if I find cornhole anywhere, I'll try it and let you know

It could always be worse, I could be a Cubs fan. (But please, if you could spare me the parallels between the respective organizations, I'd really appreciate it).

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

ohio BLUES wrote:25 games into the season and Murray has managed a .500 record.

Checketts and Co. will soon have to back up their talk, and if they don't, their talk has been worthless.

"St. Louis Blues' 2009-2010 Season: A Year For the Dumpster." (Advertise that!)

Overtime losses are losses and should not count toward having a .500 record.

I don't consider 10-10-5 a .500 record.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

Oz-iz-God wrote:I flipped to football game. I knew the Blues were done scoring for the night because I've seen this particular movie too many times this year.
At least the football game was fun to watch, right? I enjoyed watching Belicheck & Co. get stomped.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

Once again we see boring shit hockey.
JD and co need their asses kicked. This is f'ing stupid.

Sweetred95ta
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Sweetred95ta »

kodos wrote:Overtime losses are losses and should not count toward having a .500 record.

I don't consider 10-10-5 a .500 record.
I agree. For the 5 overtime/shootout losses, we were not the better of the two teams. Plain and simple.
I love hockey. Period.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Listening to EJ's comments in between periods (i think it was 2nd intermission) sounded sort of like an indirect slap at Murray if anyone caught it.

He basically said what we've been saying here the whole time. I'm paraphrasing but he said something like they have to play to their strength and keep pressure and not sit back; play to win rather than playing like they're hoping not to lose. Unfortunately the latter seemed to be the case AGAIN and the result was the same AGAIN.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

ViPeRx007 wrote:Listening to EJ's comments in between periods (i think it was 2nd intermission) sounded sort of like an indirect slap at Murray if anyone caught it.

He basically said what we've been saying here the whole time. I'm paraphrasing but he said something like they have to play to their strength and keep pressure and not sit back; play to win rather than playing like they're hoping not to lose. Unfortunately the latter seemed to be the case AGAIN and the result was the same AGAIN.
I mentioned this in Flashchat. He can see it, we can see it, but for whatever reason, every 3rd period, the Blues come out on their heels whether that's by design or not.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

dmiles2186 wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:Listening to EJ's comments in between periods (i think it was 2nd intermission) sounded sort of like an indirect slap at Murray if anyone caught it.

I mentioned this in Flashchat. He can see it, we can see it, but for whatever reason, every 3rd period, the Blues come out on their heels whether that's by design or not.
Well it's a piece of shit design if that's the case.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

ViPeRx007 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

And in my opinion, that is 100% Murray's fault. It's his job to get the players to play to their capabilities within his system...and he is failing.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

cprice12 wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

And in my opinion, that is 100% Murray's fault. It's his job to get the players to play to their capabilities within his system...and he is failing.
On 101.1 yesterday, Chris Mason made a comment that "we need to play in the system the coach wants, regardless of whether we agree with it or not". Now, I don't wanna take this completely out of context, he was clearly laying the blame at the feet of the players for the most part, but this one statement stuck out at me.

It's seeming more and more like Murray has lost the team......

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

BF44 wrote:On 101.1 yesterday, Chris Mason made a comment that "we need to play in the system the coach wants, regardless of whether we agree with it or not". ......

I believe that was a bit of a retort to Walt’s postgame comments in which he clearly question the ‘playing not to lose’ theory Murray like to lean on.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

DaDitka wrote:
BF44 wrote:On 101.1 yesterday, Chris Mason made a comment that "we need to play in the system the coach wants, regardless of whether we agree with it or not". ......

I believe that was a bit of a retort to Walt’s postgame comments in which he clearly question the ‘playing not to lose’ theory Murray like to lean on.
That is false and JR cleared it up in his blog.
Tkachuk was talking about the players

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

northwest dave wrote:
DaDitka wrote:

Just to play Devil's Advocate, was that "clarification" or "damage control"?

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

BF44 wrote:
northwest dave wrote:
DaDitka wrote:

Just to play Devil's Advocate, was that "clarification" or "damage control"?
Yes. :ninja:
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.