Bizarre Dell Experience

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Bizarre Dell Experience

Post by SteveO »

Well, the ordeal isn't complete, but it's well on its way to being one.

I ordered a 32" 1080p television for the bedroom at a price of $399.

Since I ordered it 5 days ago, they've dropped the price by $20 to 379. Keep in mind my television hasn't even shipped yet according to the current online status.

So I call Dell up to ask if my order can be adjusted to the current price and am told there is no price guarantee. So I inform the representative that I'd like to cancel that order, and turn right back around and re order the exact same television.

Well now I can't cancel that order because it miraculously just shipped. The update came RIGHT THEN on the phone. Lucky me!

So I now have to use my 21 day "customer satisfaction grace period" to request a return of the television and turn right back around and order the damn thing again.

Seems like a complete waste of resources. I suppose they don't think someone would go through the trouble over $20 but they're wrong.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Re: Bizarre Dell Experience

Post by Ruutu15 »

I see what you're saying on premise, but that's way too much trouble to go through over $20.

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Ruutu15 wrote:I see what you're saying on premise, but that's way too much trouble to go through over $20.
yeah i agree... i'm lazy, i just bought online 3 of the same videos, and now am not sure if i will go through the trouble of sending them back. that's so much work, i have to leave my place, walk down some steps, open multiple doors, and drive a car. man, i am already tired just after typing that...

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

But dude...

YOU'RE GETTIN A DELL!!!

Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

abc789987 wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:I see what you're saying on premise, but that's way too much trouble to go through over $20.
yeah i agree... i'm lazy, i just bought online 3 of the same videos, and now am not sure if i will go through the trouble of sending them back. that's so much work, i have to leave my place, walk down some steps, open multiple doors, and drive a car. man, i am already tired just after typing that...

I can dig the sarcasm. I might call and complain again and see if I could get anything that way, but I'm not sure if I'd pack up the TV, send it back, and then wait for it to ship again. To me, it would be worth the $20 to have the TV without having to go through all of that...and then never buy anything from them again.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Ruutu15 wrote:
abc789987 wrote:

I can dig the sarcasm. I might call and complain again and see if I could get anything that way, but I'm not sure if I'd pack up the TV, send it back, and then wait for it to ship again. To me, it would be worth the $20 to have the TV without having to go through all of that...and then never buy anything from them again.
Well I sure's hell am not going to unpack the tv if they actually make me go through the motions of shipping it back and reordering.

I'm just hoping when I call back they'll just credit it back to me and I'll be done.

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by deadphish »

I'm as tight ass as they come when it comes to money (especially from retailers), but in this case I'd recommend just being happy with your first price. I bet if you were very polite on the phone you could actually get the $20 credited back to you in some form. Seriously though, $20 is like 5% or something.
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

deadphish wrote:I'm as tight ass as they come when it comes to money (especially from retailers), but in this case I'd recommend just being happy with your first price. I bet if you were very polite on the phone you could actually get the $20 credited back to you in some form. Seriously though, $20 is like 5% or something.
It all counts!

I'm getting 20% cashback on it through Bing, and another 2% by using my Amex (not to mention doubling the manufacturer's warranty.)

$20 is 2 beers at the hockey game!!!

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

this NEVER gets old. :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

[youtube][/youtube]
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller