PIM totals of Oshie, Backes, Jackman

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

PIM totals of Oshie, Backes, Jackman

Post by goon attack »

Oshie has TEN PIMs? TEN?

WTF? Did this guy grow a labia all of a sudden? I know he's not a brawler or anything, but this guy should be putting up Theoren Fleury PIMs if he wants to be more than a flash in the pan poster boy for teenage girls. Fleury stayed in the league for 1000 games and got 1000+ points for a reason: he played like a fukken man. Take note, pretty boy.

Backes only has 44? WTF x 2. This motherfreaker needs to STOP the Brian Boitano impersonation and start acting like he's got a Y chromosome for crying out loud. You're big huge dude. Quit playing like you're an NFL kicker. We already had Adam Creighton... MEMO: nobody liked that pussy.

Jackman: 17 PIMs? I thought I was high and it was a more normal 71, but I was fukken disappointed as hell when I realized my eyes were not lying to me. MAN UP--Period. You're not here to be Ray Bourque, so relax. Shit, you're not here to be Phil Housley either, which is how you're acting. You're here to log a ton of minutes AND beat the holy (Frank) out of people on occasion. Know your fukken role.

What a DISGRACE. Man up or start taking synchronized swimming lessons, you pansies.

The day I hide behind Cam Janssen or any other goon would be the day I hang up my skates.

This shit will not stand, man.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: PIM totals of Oshie, Backes, Jackman

Post by section319 »

No comment on Crombeen being top ten in the leave in PIM's? Or atleast he was not too long ago.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

Jackman_the_Iceman
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman_the_Iceman »

Goon, don't hate the player, hate the game. The game has changed so I think you should direct your anger more towards that aspect. It sucks but it is what it is.

Blues Fan in SF
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by Blues Fan in SF »

Right on, Goon. I shall also point out:

Janssen in.

Blues win.

Coincidence? I think not.
"Don't need it proven
don't want to listen
don't need a tour
of the pieces I'm missing..."

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Jackman_the_Iceman wrote:Goon, don't hate the player, hate the game. The game has changed so I think you should direct your anger more towards that aspect. It sucks but it is what it is.
They can change it back by being assholes out there. It's up to them. Blaming the league for your own pussyness just doubles the pussyness.

I'm not saying Oshie should be fighting nightly, but he should be getting roughing and slashing penalties out the ass. Backes should be dropping the mitts AT LEAST 10 times a year. Ditto for Jackman.

Brian Sutter had 26 majors in one year. TWENTY SIX. That's a fight almost every third game. These pansies need to take notice.
section319 wrote:No comment on Crombeen being top ten in the leave in PIM's? Or atleast he was not too long ago.
No need to say anything... he's been great. The only regular on the roster with a pair of balls. And the dude can hardly fight. Double props for that.

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

What do a lot of PIMs mean anyway? That a player is constantly hooking people? Whoop-de-doo...

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

Blues Fan in SF wrote:Right on, Goon. I shall also point out:

Janssen in.

Blues win.

Coincidence? I think not.
No chance. The rickshaw was revved up.
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

kodos: lots of PIMs means the player is engaged in the game.

check the stats of many of the game's stars over the years. Even the most pansy player's highest PIM year very often corresponds to his highest point total. It's just true concerning some players, especially smaller guys.

And further than that... for me, PIM totals are like point totals. You gauge a player's worth primarily by points, I gauge a player's worth primarily by penalty minutes... especially if it's a player who should be brawlin' it up.

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by xbleed83bluex »

So you think it's good to give the opposing team an opportunity on the power play? O....K? Last time I checked, penalties were bad things. Wow I have some learnin' to do.
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by xbleed83bluex »

goon attack wrote: You gauge a player's worth primarily by points, I gauge a player's worth primarily by penalty minutes...
So you must think Pavel Datsyuk, Paul Kariya, and Pavel Demitra are worthless players?

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

I think looking at PIMs in any sort of positive way is a relic of the past.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

xbleed83bluex wrote:
goon attack wrote: You gauge a player's worth primarily by points, I gauge a player's worth primarily by penalty minutes...
So you must think Pavel Datsyuk, Paul Kariya, and Pavel Demitra are worthless players?
That's not what I said. The word "primarily" is in there. There is always a need for pansy scorers.

But, it's damn apparent that this team is not winning a fookin' Cup this way. So, the guys who SHOULD be racking up some PIMs need to start doing so.

Chippy games build team character. Playing like pansies does NOTHING for a team's confidence.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

So Goon, what do you think of Ovechkin? He racks up PIMs and has even been suspended this year but doesn't fight. Thoughts? I'm curious.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

kodos wrote:I think looking at PIMs in any sort of positive way is a relic of the past.
It's amazing how the pussy mindset of "OMFG DON'T TAKE A PENALTY OR YOU'VE COMMITTED A CAPITAL OFFENSE!" has even creeped into the minds of hardcore hockey fans.

Is this team winning the Cup this year? No. Therefore, who gives a fat fukken alligator sack if Backes racks up 27 minutes in penalties in the 3rd period of a tie game in April against the Ducks?

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

WaukeeBlues wrote:So Goon, what do you think of Ovechkin? He racks up PIMs and has even been suspended this year but doesn't fight. Thoughts? I'm curious.

he's a shield wearing pussy but at least he's racking up PIMs. that makes the other team more wary of him. If you think that there's even a 2% chance that somebody might give you a wicked two hander on the ankle you're immediately off your game a little bit.

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

The closest this NHL gets to what goon wants is Jarome Iginla, I think, and there's only one of him to go around.

But he does wear a shield, so I'm stumped.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Hockey is fukken DEAD.

This fukken pussy is the Captain of the Blackhawks????? SERIOUSLY????????????

OMFG. Dude wears a shield, is undoubtedly a peter puffer, and looks like he should be on a fukken soap opera.

There's no hope.

It's DONE. :|

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I most gloriously hate to do this, but perhaps goon is right.

If there were more guys playing an enforcer role, maybe Berglund, Perron, Boyes, etc... would have more space created for them to do something worthwhile and make Murray feel inclined to give them the ice time we assume they deserve. This team WOULD score more IF the guys who were supposed to score were given room to do so.

I disagree with the assessment that they should be deliberately taking slashing and hooking penalties though. There's no benefit from being on the PK all night, every night. Scott Stevens was a beast and he averaged less than a penalty/game for his career. A major bulk of his PIM were early in his career. In his glory years with the Devils, he was taking significantly fewer penalties and still playing a vital role as a definite #1 d-man. One doesn't need to take careless penalties to open up the ice.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

hooking? I never said anything about hooking

slashing, high sticking, roughing, spearing, elbows... YES. Anything to inflict a little pain on the opposition.

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by xbleed83bluex »

IMHO I think high-sticking is a pussy move. A man hitting another man's face with a stick? Come on, use your hands. Plus, It goes beyond being healthily competitive and can cause serious injury.