GDT: Blues @ Hawks 7:30 CST FSMW & NHL Network

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT: Blues @ Hawks 7:30 CST FSMW & NHL Network

Post by WaukeeBlues »

ohio BLUES wrote:Everything sucks.
:plusplus:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

Krigloch the Furious wrote:I will be rooting for the hawks. Go Kane!!! Tear the shit out of this team.. for the love of god!
:okman:

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Did anyone else hear Kane's post-game interview? Calling the Blues out for cheap hits and such? What a freaking pussy.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

plan13
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by plan13 »

fargoblues wrote:Did anyone else hear Kane's post-game interview? Calling the Blues out for cheap hits and such? What a freaking pussy.

is there a link to this anywhere?
For those I love I will sacrifice.

Not for those I've never seen.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

fargoblues wrote:Did anyone else hear Kane's post-game interview? Calling the Blues out for cheap hits and such? What a freaking pussy.
I heard it. Jackman really showed his stripes last night. First, he didn't want any part of Byfuglien. Then when Eager got into it at the end of the game, Jackman and Winchester were BOTH going after him...and of course Jackman didn't throw a punch until the linesman got in there.

Cheap stuff happens, but how can you deny it? Kane can say whatever he wants, he had a 3 point night.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Ruutu15 wrote:
I heard it. Jackman really showed his stripes last night. First, he didn't want any part of Byfuglien. Then when Eager got into it at the end of the game, Jackman and Winchester were BOTH going after him...and of course Jackman didn't throw a punch until the linesman got in there.
Yes, Jackman did puss out last night. No denying that. :facepalm:
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

Sweetred95ta
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Sweetred95ta »

How many times will we hear/read this before something is done?
Again, a case of not having enough of the guys we need being good being good tonight.
-Andy Murray after 3-0 loss to Hawks
I love hockey. Period.

JWatt (formerly PMS)
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JWatt (formerly PMS) »

fargoblues wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:
Yes, Jackman did puss out last night. No denying that. :facepalm:
Not only did he puss out, but he had a horrible game. First he tries to block a shot going 3 feet wide and kicks it into the net. Then he and Polak are completely caught running around in their defensive end. But the idiots at the asylum can only talk about how they though he had a good game and seemed like one of the only guys who cared.

That Polak/Jackman combo is horrible in their own end. They run around in their own zone without any clue where the other one is and leave the front of the net wide open. They should not be paired together, especially against opponents top lines.

I agree with Section 319, why is Crombeen on the 3rd line and Steen on the 4th? Steen is about 1000000 times better, and playing with Perron might actually generate some offense from that line instead of having Perron out there by himself.

Sweetred95ta
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Sweetred95ta »

JWatt (formerly PMS) wrote:First he tries to block a shot going 3 feet wide and kicks it into the net.
I still don't understand why he was standing there in the first place. There were no Hawks within a 10' area and the play was out by the top of the face-off circle. He was just standing there.
JWatt (formerly PMS) wrote:I agree with Section 319, why is Crombeen on the 3rd line and Steen on the 4th? Steen is about 1000000 times better, and playing with Perron might actually generate some offense from that line instead of having Perron out there by himself.
Steen is an underrated offensive guy. He can definitely generate offensive chances if put in the spot (or given the responsibility) to do so.

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
I love hockey. Period.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Sweetred95ta wrote:How many times will we hear/read this before something is done?
Again, a case of not having enough of the guys we need being good being good tonight.
-Andy Murray after 3-0 loss to Hawks
Has Murray ever taken responsibility for a loss? I can't recall that he has.

He's the one who puts the lines together.
He's the one who is responsible for their plan of attack.
He's the one who decides what line plays against what line.
He's the one who limits Perron's playing time on any given night.
He's the one who gives top minutes to Brewer, who is obviously a #3 or #4 defenseman at best and constantly makes glaring mistakes on the ice, but at the same time he is supposed to be our captain...?? This is all jacked up.

When a team is expected to perform at a certain level but that team is badly underachieving, coaching changes need to be made. That's just how it works.

I don't think Murray is a bad coach...I just don't think he is the right coach for this team. He's obviously not getting the most out of the talent we have this year, so why is he still here?
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Jackman may have pussed out but he didn't puss out anymore than Eager did when Cam wanted to throw down. But at the end of the game Eagers ready to throw down with Crombeen, but I'm sure hawks fans didn't notice that. Besides I expect Jacman to puss out, he can talk shit and push and shove but he isn't gonna back it up anymore.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

Sweetred95ta
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by Sweetred95ta »

I thought I read somewhere that Murray didn't want Jackman fighting.
I love hockey. Period.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

section319 wrote:Jackman may have pussed out but he didn't puss out anymore than Eager did when Cam wanted to throw down. But at the end of the game Eagers ready to throw down with Crombeen, but I'm sure hawks fans didn't notice that. Besides I expect Jacman to puss out, he can talk shit and push and shove but he isn't gonna back it up anymore.
Yep. Cam is so tough that he went after Sopel.

KC Express
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by KC Express »

Patrick Kane calling someone cheap is like OJ Simpson calling someone a criminal. Or Patrick Kane calling someone a criminal, for that matter.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

Ruutu15 wrote:

Cheap stuff happens, but how can you deny it? Kane can say whatever he wants, he had a 3 point night.
I am sorry, on my screen I saw Jackman skating up the ice after him but someone beat him to it. He would have been the second man in, so he didn't get in. I don't know how that was pussing out.

As far as last nights game, the interesting stat was showing two "young stars" from the Blues having "3 shots on goal" right next to the Hawks guys with 2 and 3 ASSISTS respectively. That right there is your game.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

Ruutu15 wrote:
section319 wrote:Jackman may have pussed out but he didn't puss out anymore than Eager did when Cam wanted to throw down. But at the end of the game Eagers ready to throw down with Crombeen, but I'm sure hawks fans didn't notice that. Besides I expect Jacman to puss out, he can talk shit and push and shove but he isn't gonna back it up anymore.
Yep. Cam is so tough that he went after Sopel.
Yeah after Eager didn't wanna go with him. Not that any of this really matters we got shut of 3-0, there's really nothng to argue.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Jackman didn't puss out of anything. Sure, he's not fighting as much as he should, but i think it's due to worry about his shoulder. If he ruins his career, he ain't gettin' paid. It's a damn shame, but I'd guess that's what's going through his mind.

Either that or Murray is being a big fat bitch and ordering him not to fight.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

goon attack wrote:Jackman didn't puss out of anything. Sure, he's not fighting as much as he should, but i think it's due to worry about his shoulder. If he ruins his career, he ain't gettin' paid. It's a damn shame, but I'd guess that's what's going through his mind.

Either that or Murray is being a big fat bitch and ordering him not to fight.
I loved watching him work that guy over at the blue line and then look up all innocent when he thought they had called a penalty on him for it. Nothing wrong with a few extra shots to the back of a guy on the ground, right?
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

stlmark
All-Star
All-Star

Post by stlmark »

Kane is a fish taco! What a twink for calling the Blues out during the interview!
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka

Jackman_the_Iceman
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by Jackman_the_Iceman »

Has a Hawks player ever won a fight against Janssen? Not to my knowledge.