Blues fans.

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Ace
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Blues fans.

Post by Ace »

Quite possibly the least knowledgeable fan base I have ever experienced. Honestly, overall it is quite horrific. This isn't an attack on *this* forum.

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Blues fans.

Post by F Keenan »

Unfortunately I would have to agree. I know we have some knowledgeable fans, but as a whole there are some complete morons out there. It seems like every (Franking) game I go to I get stuck next to one of these tards who yells SHOOOOOOT the second we get the puck over the blueline. Tuesday night I had one guy next to me that kept criticizing the Blues for dumping the puck before changing lines. He was also convincing his friends that Hull won a cup in Calgary and part owner of the AAA Amateur Blues.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

SHOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

That's what happens when you make it a "family friendly" sport instead of allowing it to be the kick ass gladiator style sport it used to be.

And I think we should try to retain puck control on line changes as much as possible. Isn't that what Detroit did all those years?

And fwiw, I yell "SHOOT!" all the time, just to piss people off. :wink: :grin:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

kodos wrote:SHOOOOOOOOOOT!!!
My personal favortie is "HIT SOMEBODYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I had some ass clown behind me yelling that all night Tuesday.

I appreciate the passion and the enthusiasm that our fans show. But got-damn some people are morons.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

I think the problem is the proximity to Illinois. Once you build bridges over the river, it's inevitable that some of those morons will wander across.

:wink:
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

SHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

I've decided that I'm going to go to baseball games and yell HIIIIIITT! Hit the Ball!!!!!!!!!!!!

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

strocklen083 wrote:

I appreciate the passion and the enthusiasm that our fans show. But got-damn some people are morons.
So, you don't want our guys to hit somebody? Why?

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Everytime I hear people yell shoot, I yell PASS!!!

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

First we suck and now we're dumb. Oh god...the world I once knew is crumbling around me.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

strocklen083 wrote:

I don't see your point here... I yell that all the time. I get so frustrated with ice dancing pansies waving their sticks at people. It should be clear that it's usually much easier to separate the man from the puck than trying to pluck the puck away from the man. Go ahead and show off your "elite dangle" from flat on your ass.

If you are 6'+ and 200+ lbs, fukken play like it.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

Kyle1512
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Kyle1512 »

kodos wrote:SHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

I've decided that I'm going to go to baseball games and yell HIIIIIITT! Hit the Ball!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, I had a lady that was behind me yelling "Catch the Ball" at a minor league baseball game. Then yelled "Drop the Ball" when the other team was in the field. She was the usher.

TheoSqua
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by TheoSqua »

Ugh, Tuesdays game I sat near this lady who would yell "SHOOT!" every 4 seconds. I can understand wanting the Blues to shoot more, they do hang on to the puck way too long sometimes. But don't yell at the guy to shoot when he has no lane to shoot in, or when he hasn't even gotten into the opposing team's end yet.

Oh, and when the other team brings the puck into the Blue's zone, there's about a 95% chance that they won't score, so you don't have to scream "OHHH NOOOO!!!" at the top of your lungs just because the Flames dumped the puck into the corner.

It almost got the point that I was having trouble enjoying the game because of this person.
Official LGB Sponser of 10 year old signatures:

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

shut up you fookin' whiners.

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by xbleed83bluex »

F Keenan wrote:Unfortunately I would have to agree. I know we have some knowledgeable fans, but as a whole there are some complete morons out there. It seems like every (Frank) game I go to I get stuck next to one of these tards who yells SHOOOOOOT the second we get the puck over the blueline. Tuesday night I had one guy next to me that kept criticizing the Blues for dumping the puck before changing lines. He was also convincing his friends that Hull won a cup in Calgary and part owner of the AAA Amateur Blues.
I think you sat next to me during one game. Whenever someone would yell "SHOOOOOT," this guy would say "Shoot? WTF?
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

I heard some fan yelling "Fire Murray!!!!!!!" just about as often as the "Shooooooot".

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

big d note wrote:I think the problem is the proximity to Illinois. Once you build bridges over the river, it's inevitable that some of those morons will wander across.

Wow... Does the 'd' in big d note stand for douche?

LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

There is a time to yell shoot and a time not to yell shoot. A lot of fans don't know the difference, hence the frustration from those of us who actually understand the difference.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

strocklen083 wrote:

When hemmed into our own zone...

"GET IT OUT OF THERE!!!!"

Umm..... I think they grasp that concept, thanks.....

BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by BF44 »

cprice12 wrote:There is a time to yell shoot and a time not to yell shoot. A lot of fans don't know the difference, hence the frustration from those of us who actually understand the difference.
Agreed -- we've all seen the Blues pass up too many shots this year.....