GDT: Blues v Lightning 7pm FSMW

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT: Blues v Lightning 7pm FSMW

Post by ksbluesfan »

Who could they hire today that would improve the team? Laviollete and Tortorella didn't improve their teams much if at all. I'm not saying they shouldn't fire Murray. They should. But they can't just turn the team over to Mike Kitchen again. They need to replace Murray with somebody who will improve the team.

I think they're going to wait until after the holidays to do anything.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

It's a little early to say Laviolette didn't improve the Flyers, but I agree nothing will happen until at least January.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

JWatt (formerly PMS)
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JWatt (formerly PMS) »

ksbluesfan wrote:Who could they hire today that would improve the team? Laviollete and Tortorella didn't improve their teams much if at all. I'm not saying they shouldn't fire Murray. They should. But they can't just turn the team over to Mike Kitchen again. They need to replace Murray with somebody who will improve the team.

Who the heck ever heard of Dan Bylsma before last year? Who the heck was Bruce Boudreau and where did he come from? There are coaches out there that we don't know about that can make a major impact with a young team. You don't have to hire a former NHL reject head coach. Hire a young up-and-comer.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

section319 wrote:It's a little early to say Laviolette didn't improve the Flyers, but I agree nothing will happen until at least January.
If you believe the rumblings, nothing will save the Flyers. They'll have to trade either either Jeff Carter or Scott Hartnell.

A guy like Therrien might make sense for the Blues, but they probably shouldn't sign him for longer than 2 years.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Dean Blais.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

JWatt (formerly PMS) wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:Who could they hire today that would improve the team? Laviollete and Tortorella didn't improve their teams much if at all. I'm not saying they shouldn't fire Murray. They should. But they can't just turn the team over to Mike Kitchen again. They need to replace Murray with somebody who will improve the team.

Who the heck ever heard of Dan Bylsma before last year? Who the heck was Bruce Boudreau and where did he come from? There are coaches out there that we don't know about that can make a major impact with a young team. You don't have to hire a former NHL reject head coach. Hire a young up-and-comer.
Sounds good. Sooner or later they will pull the trigger. I just don't want to see them promote Rick Walsmley just because he's the next in line. I want them to do it right.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

ksbluesfan wrote:
section319 wrote:It's a little early to say Laviolette didn't improve the Flyers, but I agree nothing will happen until at least January.
If you believe the rumblings, nothing will save the Flyers. They'll have to trade either either Jeff Carter or Scott Hartnell.

A guy like Therrien might make sense for the Blues, but they probably shouldn't sign him for longer than 2 years.
Yeah, Therrien doesn't sound too bad. And yeah I heard about. The Carter and Hartnell rumour over at the asylum, so I assume there is actually substance to this story?

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

section319 wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:

Yeah, Therrien doesn't sound too bad. And yeah I heard about. The Carter and Hartnell rumour over at the asylum, so I assume there is actually substance to this story?
I don't know if it's true or not. I never would have pegged Hartnell as being gay. It's obvious with Carter.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

ksbluesfan wrote:
section319 wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:

I don't know if it's true or not. I never would have pegged Hartnell as being gay. It's obvious with Carter.
Being gay? The rumour I heard was Carter was going Shanahan with Hartnells wife. What's this gay rumour?

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I heard from a VERY reliable source that the NHL is like 65% gay. Gay men are naturally attracted to hockey for some reason.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

This.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Wasn't that Mike Kitchen?

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

JWatt (formerly PMS)
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JWatt (formerly PMS) »

northwest dave wrote:

Wasn't that Mike Kitchen?
Don't hire an assistant on the staff of the head coach you just fired. How is that going to change things? You need a new philosophy, not the same philosophy from a different guy.

ksbluesfan
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ksbluesfan »

section319 wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:
section319 wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:

Being gay? The rumour I heard was Carter was going Shanahan with Hartnells wife. What's this gay rumour?
I'm trying to start the Carter-and-Hartnell-as-lovers rumor. The one you heard probably has more substance.

:lol: