GDT: Blues v Preds FSMW (no dish)

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT: Blues v Preds FSMW (no dish)

Post by Portland Blues »

Glad I decided to go out tonight instead of suffering through another 4-3 loss.

I'll gladly wear the "I suck as a fan" t-shirt all day tomorrow...

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

and you look damn good in it too

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

After the game, Ron Jacober said he ran into JD who patted him on the shoulder and said "THIS IS GETTNIG OLD".

At least we know he's paying attention....NOW DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!

FYI – Not that we needed any further evidence to the fact that Kerb’s chin smells of Murray’s taint, one the post game show he stated the teams problems are clearly because of the inconsistency of (by name) Perron, Berglund, and Backas)

If anyone watched the game last night they would clearly come to the conclusion that the worst players on the ice were #1 – Jackman, #2 – Brewer, and Walt get’s an honorable mention.

Why now are even the media types protecting the veterans? Not only are they the bigger weakness, but should more be expected of them. They already know better and are certainly getting paid more. Shouldn’t they be held accountable?

Kerb’s always claims to have more insight into the organization and if that is the case and this is the way the organization views the situation, we certainly haven’t seen the bottom of the barrel yet.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

DaDitka wrote:After the game, Ron Jacober said he ran into JD who patted him on the shoulder and said "THIS IS GETTNIG OLD".

FYI – Not that we needed any further evidence to the fact that Kerb’s chin smells of Murray’s taint, one the post game show he stated the teams problems are clearly because of the inconsistency of (by name) Perron, Berglund, and Backas)

If anyone watched the game last night they would clearly come to the conclusion that the worst players on the ice were #1 – Jackman, #2 – Brewer, and Walt get’s an honorable mention.

Why now are even the media types protecting the veterans? Not only are they the bigger weakness, but should more be expected of them. They already know better and are certainly getting paid more. Shouldn’t they be held accountable?

Kerb’s always claims to have more insight into the organization and if that is the case and this is the way the organization views the situation, we certainly haven’t seen the bottom of the barrel yet.
:letsgoblues: :facepalm:
Just once it would be nice to see the same treatment given to some of our "veteran leaders" as the younger players get daily.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

I haven't watched any of the last three games, but they are all on my TiVo. Is there any reason at all to watch any of them? Any amazing goals or should I just go boop boop boop 1-2-3 delete delete delete?

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

DaDitka wrote:After the game, Ron Jacober said he ran into JD who patted him on the shoulder and said "THIS IS GETTNIG OLD".

That has always been the St. Louis media way: Suck the collective d*ck of the coaching staff.

We could go 0-82 and Murray would not have to answer tough questions, nor would the media ever go against his strategies on post-game shows. If this was NY or Toronto, Murray would have been run out of town by now. He would be forced into a press conference every morning, giving the media some kind of reasoning for the way he runs the team. But for some reason, this is the way it has always been done in St. Louis.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

Wulfen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wulfen »

fargoblues wrote:

:letsgoblues: :facepalm:
Just once it would be nice to see the same treatment given to some of our "veteran leaders" as the younger players get daily.
I agree with Kerber to a point that yes inconsistency of guys like Perron, Berglund and Backes is a problem but to say its "THE" problem is leaving out some glaring weaknesses that this team has right now.
Goaltending - Has for the most part been solid and has held us in games but take away the 1 weak squeaker that goes through the 5 hole almost every game and how many more wins to we have.
Defense - It has been an up and down year on the blue line. Biggest thing is that we do not have a true #1 d-man. EJ is starting to show signs but he gets caught out of position to much but he will learn. Jaxs and Brew are not #1 NHL d-men. To many minutes overexpose their weaknesses and teams can exploit them.
Offense - Where did the physical, forechecking, grind it out team of last year go? I understand Backes gets a boarding penalty everytime he hits someone but sometimes you have to make the other team know your not gonna lay down. We are not a finesse team, we dont have enough talent.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

kodos wrote:I haven't watched any of the last three games, but they are all on my TiVo. Is there any reason at all to watch any of them? Any amazing goals or should I just go boop boop boop 1-2-3 delete delete delete?
boop boop boop
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Wulfen wrote: I agree with Kerber to a point that yes inconsistency of guys like Perron, Berglund and Backes is a problem but to say its "THE" problem is leaving out some glaring weaknesses that this team has right now.
No doubt, and that's the point.....everyone is at fault, yet the vets are not held accountable. Perhaps the best thing for the kids would be if these vets could lead by example.

To his credit, Kerbs did bash the goaltending as well, but I lay that at managements feet. Anyone who’s paid attention to the careers of either of these two knew that we were in trouble this year. The surprise was the solid play early, not the poor play of late.

Mason has made a career of occasional fantastic second halves only to secure a #1 job and blow chunks the next season. He’s a career ‘tease’.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

I didn't hear the comments, but I expect more from Perron, Berglund and Backes than I do from Jackman, Brewer and Walt. Jackman, Brewer and Walt are known commodities of suck. Perron, Berglund and Backes (along with Oshie & EJ) are supposed to be the core of the future of this team and we should be seeing more difference making, consistent performances from them on a nightly basis. Perron, Berglund and Backes are still young and should continue to improve...although, I'm not sure on Berglund...he doesn't seem like a guy who is capable of having a breakout season yet. He just doesn't seem to have what it takes to perform as a top level scorer on this team. But like I said, he's still pretty young...so a lot can change in the next couple years.

JD is right. This is getting old. Something needs to be done in a hurry, or this season will have been a waste.
The fans are pissed...management is pissed...the team should be pissed...and if Murray isn't fired soon, the fans are going to start to revolt and stop buying tickets, and then you know changes are coming.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

cprice12 wrote:I didn't hear the comments, but I expect more from Perron, Berglund and Backes than I do from Jackman, Brewer and Walt. Jackman, Brewer and Walt are known commodities of suck.
Agreed, but you can pin a lot more of our recent losses on the play of Jackman and Walt then you can DP, EJ, or Bergie.

It hasn't been lack of scoring and the Kids have actually back-checked quite well of late.

Jackman and Brewer have been sooooooo bad I actually saw Sydor as a quality alternative last night. He should get more shifts at the expense of those two, not EJ.
cprice12 wrote: JD is right. This is getting old. Something needs to be done in a hurry, or this season will have been a waste.
If I'm not mistaken, after Saturday's game the season will be half over.

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

The main thing is that nothing is being done about the suck
JD can say he's fed up or whatever, say whatever the shit you want. Team will still suck.

How about making some f:ucking changes!!! And not benching your best player.

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

Where is the media calling for someone's head today? Where is Davidson or Murray explaining what happened last night, or any other game during the season?

This is why Andy Murray is still our head coach. No one is barging in his office asking for answers, Put him in the public spotlight and his job is gone.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

What the heck did Walt do that was so bad last night? I didn't see the game but the stat sheet shows two other offensive lines got more ice than his did, including the kid line. Plus Tkachuk was a +1. Elaborate.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

WaukeeBlues wrote:What the heck did Walt do that was so bad last night? I didn't see the game but the stat sheet shows two other offensive lines got more ice than his did, including the kid line. Plus Tkachuk was a +1. Elaborate.

Walt was even slower and more methodical then ever last night. Having him on the half boards is killing our power play (not that any part of it is great, but he's really killing it). And for some reason he seemed to have a lot of trouble skating last night, it seemed to me he spent a lot of time on the ground/ice.

He just played really lazy and appeared to mail it in last night.

Walt has basically no skill left and what he brings to the table is effort………so when he doesn’t have that, it really shows.

JWatt (formerly PMS)
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JWatt (formerly PMS) »

WaukeeBlues wrote:What the heck did Walt do that was so bad last night? I didn't see the game but the stat sheet shows two other offensive lines got more ice than his did, including the kid line. Plus Tkachuk was a +1. Elaborate.
STUPID PENALTIES!

There is nothing worse than right after you pull within 1 in the 3rd period, Tkachuk takes a dumb penalty. He is not disciplined.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Why would:

1) The veteran players want to bust their asses to play hard when they know they're going to get ice time regardless, and have cushy salaries and a history of past cushy salaries to coast into their retirement years on?

2) The younger players want to bust their asses to play hard when they know the veterans are going to take away valuable ice time because they're veterans, and not because they contribute anything positive to this team on the stat sheet or in the standings?

I don't know if it's true or not that Perron requested a trade, but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be true, and I can't blame him either. As I see it, he leads the time in shooting percentage, tied for the team lead in goals and has an average TOI of just under 16 minutes/game. Kariya, who's playing like an old man with a broken walker is averaging a full minute more TOI and using it to look like a damn fool out there.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

DaDitka wrote:

Walt was even slower and more methodical then ever last night. Having him on the half boards is killing our power play (not that any part of it is great, but he's really killing it). And for some reason he seemed to have a lot of trouble skating last night, it seemed to me he spent a lot of time on the ground/ice.

He just played really lazy and appeared to mail it in last night.

Walt has basically no skill left and what he brings to the table is effort………so when he doesn’t have that, it really shows.
Disagree. Walt played well last night. His penalty was a joke too...as were many calls. I also saw many of the forwards not coming back to help the defense. At one point Jackman didn't have anywhere to pass it as all the forwards were pass the redline.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

You mean the double minor that Jackman got? I was sitting right behind the play and didnt see anything cuts. Didnt even miss his shift on the PP.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

northwest dave wrote: Disagree. Walt played well last night. .
Did you watch on TV or at the game?

Keith was consistently the late coming off the bench, he was consistently late getting back and he was lazy on the boards. I hardly forgive his lackadaisical play because he made a play or two with the puck (and to be honest, I can’t remember what plays you could be referencing – not that it didn’t happen – I just don’t recall).