Team USA Olympics

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Team USA Olympics

Postby fargoblues » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:26 pm

Backes, IN. Johnson, IN. Oshie, not so much :x
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.
fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 1797
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:02 pm
Location: In Fargo, eh?

Re: Team USA Olympics

Postby ViPeRx007 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:32 pm

In the words of the Loaf, "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad".
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
User avatar
ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 9572
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: Billings, MT

Re: Team USA Olympics

Postby BF44 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:54 pm

I'd be happy if none of them went. They could use a couple of weeks of to gear up for the playoff drive.........




oh yeah.....




Frank it... let 'em go.......
User avatar
BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3633
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:03 pm
Location: The estrogen-free hockey-watching man-cave

Re: Team USA Olympics

Postby Nyghtewynd » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:59 pm

E.J. good enough for his country, not good enough for Bozo the Murray.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.
User avatar
Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 4506
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Team USA Olympics

Postby ProngerBlues44 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:57 am

I am American, but was anyone else upset by how Team USA was able to use the Winter Classic to announce their team?

I mean, do you think that Team Canada officials were even notified on if they wanted to announce their team at the Classic? Let's set up this huge stage for Team USA while Canada, Russia, etc. just have press conferences. To me, it just felt like a huge slap in the face from the NHL to all other countries; we are supporting USA to win Gold but no one else.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alex Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

Check out my website and podcast at HockeyPodcastDirectory.com
User avatar
ProngerBlues44
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Location: The Penalty Box

Re: Team USA Olympics

Postby Nyghtewynd » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:24 am

I don't have a problem with that.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.
User avatar
Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 4506
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Team USA Olympics

Postby STLADOGG » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:51 am

Oshie is underated everywhere but Saint Louis
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW
User avatar
STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2271
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-

Re: Team USA Olympics

Postby hullisgod » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:03 am

Why be upset by team USA using the winter classic to announce their team? Hopefully it will drum up excitement/interest from the average American sports who happened to be tuned in. Trust me, Team Canada milked their announcement for all they could. There was a 2 hour buildup live on national tv, and then the televised national broadcast on about 6 different channels. All watched by 1.52 million Canadians, crazy!
hullisgod
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:12 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: Team USA Olympics

Postby ViPeRx007 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:25 am

ProngerBlues44 wrote:I am American, but was anyone else upset by how Team USA was able to use the Winter Classic to announce their team?

I mean, do you think that Team Canada officials were even notified on if they wanted to announce their team at the Classic? Let's set up this huge stage for Team USA while Canada, Russia, etc. just have press conferences. To me, it just felt like a huge slap in the face from the NHL to all other countries; we are supporting USA to win Gold but no one else.


I bet Team Canada would have done the same thing if the game was held in their country this year.
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
User avatar
ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 9572
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: Billings, MT

Re: Team USA Olympics

Postby section319 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:33 am

STLADOGG wrote:Oshie is underated everywhere but Saint Louis


Sure he just isn't overrated here?
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.
User avatar
section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Mizzou

Re: Team USA Olympics

Postby glen a richter » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:42 am

I was thinking how Backes has shrunk considerably, and I didn't realize he was black.
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7388
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Team USA Olympics

Postby glen a richter » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:43 am

section319 wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:Oshie is underated everywhere but Saint Louis


Sure he just isn't overrated here?


Oshie will perform a brazillion times better under Payne. We're just about to see the real Blues.
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7388
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Team USA Olympics

Postby section319 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:47 am

glen a richter wrote:
section319 wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:Oshie is underated everywhere but Saint Louis


Sure he just isn't overrated here?


Oshie will perform a brazillion times better under Payne. We're just about to see the real Blues.



I don't think he is a bad player obviously, but on some forums especially the Asylum it seems, he is like the second coming of Jesus.
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.
User avatar
section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Mizzou

Re: Team USA Olympics

Postby ViPeRx007 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:52 am

glen a richter wrote:I was thinking how Backes has shrunk considerably, and I didn't realize he was black.


Yea I don't know, I wasn't impressed with the size of the team overall. I mean, Tim Thomas was like 3 times taller than all of them.
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
User avatar
ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 9572
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: Billings, MT

Re: Team USA Olympics

Postby ProngerBlues44 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:25 pm

ViPeRx007 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:I was thinking how Backes has shrunk considerably, and I didn't realize he was black.


Yea I don't know, I wasn't impressed with the size of the team overall. I mean, Tim Thomas was like 3 times taller than all of them.


I didn't like the overall color of the team.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alex Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

Check out my website and podcast at HockeyPodcastDirectory.com
User avatar
ProngerBlues44
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Location: The Penalty Box

Re: Team USA Olympics

Postby DaDitka » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:02 pm

section319 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
section319 wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:Oshie is underated everywhere but Saint Louis


Sure he just isn't overrated here?


Oshie will perform a brazillion times better under Payne. We're just about to see the real Blues.



I don't think he is a bad player obviously, but on some forums especially the Asylum it seems, he is like the second coming of Jesus.



This.....a million +.....this.

I love the kid, I even have his jersey, he's my daughter's favorite player (and according to her......my future son-in-law).....but some think he's a superstar and a goal scorer.

He’s a really nice player and will be a key piece to building a cup contender here in St. Louis, why can’t people just leave it and that and appreciate him for what he is instead of trying to build him into something more.

Let us not forget in the cases of Oshie and Johnson…….EJ’s style is more valuable in international style play, Oshie’s style is much less effective with their rules and all that room.

It’s a different game.
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund
User avatar
DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2800
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Location: sailing with the Captain

Re: Team USA Olympics

Postby philco_3 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:36 pm

section319 wrote:I don't think he is a bad player obviously, but on some forums especially the Asylum it seems, he is like the second coming of Jesus.


Hes got the hair of a young Jesus, that they don't mention in the bible. :letsgoblues:
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.
User avatar
philco_3
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M

Re: Team USA Olympics

Postby STLADOGG » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:50 pm

DaDitka wrote:
section319 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
section319 wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:Oshie is underated everywhere but Saint Louis


Sure he just isn't overrated here?


Oshie will perform a brazillion times better under Payne. We're just about to see the real Blues.



I don't think he is a bad player obviously, but on some forums especially the Asylum it seems, he is like the second coming of Jesus.



This.....a million +.....this.

I love the kid, I even have his jersey, he's my daughter's favorite player (and according to her......my future son-in-law).....but some think he's a superstar and a goal scorer.

He’s a really nice player and will be a key piece to building a cup contender here in St. Louis, why can’t people just leave it and that and appreciate him for what he is instead of trying to build him into something more.

Let us not forget in the cases of Oshie and Johnson…….EJ’s style is more valuable in international style play, Oshie’s style is much less effective with their rules and all that room.

It’s a different game.


Yea good point
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW
User avatar
STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 2271
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-


Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron