Center Ice... worth the price?

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Center Ice... worth the price?

Post by goon attack »

I'm considering ordering that half season package. Should I? Does this include playoffs?

I'm on DISH Network. Will I get to see all the Blues games from here on out?

Any help would be a appreciated.

thanks,

goon
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Center Ice... worth the price?

Post by Winning Unlimited »

Blues games get blacked out.

I got half off my order earlier.

I think it does include playoffs. (Blues games won't be televised there either..)

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Not sure about games being blacked-out if you are in-town. But I've had CenterIce through directv since 1998 and I see most of the games throughout the season and all of the playoffs. Except this year I'll be screwed without VS. :evil:

I wouldn't be able to survive without CenterIce.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

northwest dave wrote:Not sure about games being blacked-out if you are in-town. But I've had CenterIce through directv since 1998 and I see most of the games throughout the season and all of the playoffs. Except this year I'll be screwed without VS. :evil:

I wouldn't be able to survive without CenterIce.
This. I have DirecTV and Center Ice, have for some time. other than the stupid VS debacle I've been pleased.

The half-season bit is kind of a screw job though.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

a few years back, my father got the center ice package, which I never really understood because he's a Rangers fan and he can watch them any time he wants. I could only conclude that since he also followed Montreal that maybe he wanted to watch them, but he never did. Needless to say, he didn't re-up the following year.

I have considered getting it because it would actually be beneficial to me since I could give two shits about any of the 3 metro area teams, but especially this year, I don't know if I want to waste my evenings watching a team that's going to frustrate me more than 50% of the time.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Well, this seems to be a mixed bag here. I'm not sure what I'll do. I do miss being submerged in hockey. I think the nhl is better now than it's been in recent years. I'm sorta stoked to get back into it.

thanks for all your input

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

bigjoe332
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by bigjoe332 »

I have had NHL Center Ice through the past several years and found that Dish Network does not carry as many games on that package as Directv and Charter do. I believe its worth it as long as you don't have Dish Net.

I found that website posted on this forum to be very helpful:
www.atdhe.net

you can watch all NHL games on there... I've hooked my computer up to my 52" LCD tv and it works great... and the best part is it is free. I don't know why or how but it is actually faster than my AT&T uverse tv service.... I can switch from watching on my computer over to the Fox Sports channel 1748 and there is a 10 second difference... go figure.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

I have Center Ice and Directv. I like it...and playoffs are included.
Blues games are only blacked out on CI if they are televised on FSMW. If FSMW is not televising a home game AND the game isn't on VS, the Blues usually lift the blackout. For example, Center Ice carried the Brett Hull HOF honoring game vs. Calgary when FSMW wasn't carrying it...and I got to watch it. But if you have Dishnetwork, you won't get to watch the visiting team's feed since the Blues do black out those feeds when FSMW is televising the game, even though FSMW and Dishnetwork aren't letting dish customers watch the games.

I say it's worth it from the start of the season. Their deal at the halfway point is a rip-off compared to the start of the season price. Don't they charge like $120 or something? Shouldn't it be half price since half of the season is over? :roll:

The playoffs and center ice kick ass. Although VS televises a lot of playoff games, and I think every game after the 2nd round, so center ice won't carry games VS is airing.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

bigjoe332 wrote:I have had NHL Center Ice through the past several years and found that Dish Network does not carry as many games on that package as Directv and Charter do. I believe its worth it as long as you don't have Dish Net.

I found that website posted on this forum to be very helpful:
http://www.atdhe.net

you can watch all NHL games on there... I've hooked my computer up to my 52" LCD tv and it works great... and the best part is it is free. I don't know why or how but it is actually faster than my AT&T uverse tv service.... I can switch from watching on my computer over to the Fox Sports channel 1748 and there is a 10 second difference... go figure.
thanks, bigjoe!
:letsgoblues: