GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby stlmark » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:42 pm

-C- wrote:
glen a richter wrote:You from NY, C? I'm here on Long Island.


Grew up in northern NJ, been a Rangers fan since the late 1970s.


How the hell did you find this board and why aren't you invading a Devils forum?

Just saying.....
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka
User avatar
stlmark
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:12 am
Location: over there ---->

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby glen a richter » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:44 pm

stlmark wrote:
-C- wrote:
glen a richter wrote:You from NY, C? I'm here on Long Island.


Grew up in northern NJ, been a Rangers fan since the late 1970s.


How the hell did you find this board and why aren't you invading a Devils forum?

Just saying.....


Northern Jersey is incredibly polluted. It has a major affect on the brain, I presume.
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby glen a richter » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:47 pm

Back to the game...

Do performance bonuses count against the salary cap?

I was thinking give Steen 3 years, 2 mil each with a performance bonus that if he scores 50 goals over the 3 seasons, he gets an extra 2 mil. Stipulation, he has to score equal or more goals in each consecutive season. This guy's got to stick here as long as he's playing like this.
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby stlmark » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:50 pm

glen a richter wrote:
stlmark wrote:
-C- wrote:
glen a richter wrote:You from NY, C? I'm here on Long Island.


Grew up in northern NJ, been a Rangers fan since the late 1970s.


How the hell did you find this board and why aren't you invading a Devils forum?

Just saying.....


Northern Jersey is incredibly polluted. It has a major affect on the brain, I presume.


I know that all to well being from Philly. :twisted:
LGB sponsor of Vladimir Sobotka
User avatar
stlmark
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:12 am
Location: over there ---->

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby glen a richter » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:53 pm

according to the game recap, Blues have never shut out the Rags and the Sens, but have shut out all other teams at least once.

Would have been nice to extend the Rags scoreless streak. Dammit anyway, Brewer, for that piece of shit puck handling.
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby dmiles2186 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:05 pm

-C- wrote:Awful goal. :(

What's flashchat?


Flashchat is a live chat window that most of us go to to discuss the goings-on of the game in real time. That's why the GDT aren't usually all that long since we're a pretty tight-knit group and most of the same folks are in flashchat each game.
Image
User avatar
dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 6209
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby ViPeRx007 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:27 pm

dmiles2186 wrote:
-C- wrote:Awful goal. :(

What's flashchat?


Flashchat is a live chat window that most of us go to to discuss the goings-on of the game in real time. That's why the GDT aren't usually all that long since we're a pretty tight-knit group and most of the same folks are in flashchat each game.


Curt needs to FIX it though. It's been suckin' hard lately - lagging up, kicking people out, unusually aggressive behavior from dooger. I asked dooger how Alice was and he told me he was going to kill me by stabbing me with an "uncontainable denomination" of red push pins.

He tries to be tough, but he's still a big nerd.
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
User avatar
ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 9612
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: Billings, MT

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby -C- » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:41 am

stlmark wrote:
-C- wrote:
glen a richter wrote:You from NY, C? I'm here on Long Island.


Grew up in northern NJ, been a Rangers fan since the late 1970s.


How the hell did you find this board and why aren't you invading a Devils forum?

Just saying.....


Checketts, Pleau and JD were all formerly with the Rangers.

That practically makes the Blues "Rangers West". Or maybe "Central". ;)
-C-
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:14 pm

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby stinkdified » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:12 am

-C- wrote:That practically makes the Blues "Rangers West". Or maybe "Central". ;)
man, thats rough...ouch
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo
Image
User avatar
stinkdified
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:22 pm
Location: SoCo!

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby JWatt (formerly PMS) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:20 am

glen a richter wrote:Back to the game...

Do performance bonuses count against the salary cap?

I was thinking give Steen 3 years, 2 mil each with a performance bonus that if he scores 50 goals over the 3 seasons, he gets an extra 2 mil. Stipulation, he has to score equal or more goals in each consecutive season. This guy's got to stick here as long as he's playing like this.


According to the CBA, only players on entry level contracts and players over 35 are eligible for performance bonuses written into their contracts. That's why you don't see more contracts like the one you proposed. Steen will get a multi-year deal worth about $2-2.5MM/yr.
JWatt (formerly PMS)
All-Star
All-Star
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:50 am
Location: Saint Charles, MO

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby not_a_wings_fan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:31 am

The short passes out of their own zone and through the neutral zone are making me very happy. They finally look like a hockey team most of the time.

That first goal was a thing of beauty. Walt gets mad props for that pass to set it up, but the play was set up by smart, heads up passing all around. We keep moving the puck like this and we will have no issues getting this thing back on track.

I am liking what I see from the team these last few games: effort, teamwork, and hitting.
Official 2008-2014 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
Official 2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
User avatar
not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3194
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:27 pm
Location: Anywhere but here

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby goon attack » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:39 am

glen a richter wrote:
goon attack wrote:
glen a richter wrote:PS Why are Rangers fans allowed here?


on the board? why wouldn't they be?


It was a sarcastic comment directed at the presence of -C-. Talk about needing to set up the sarcasm alarm....


I was not aware of the presence of -C-. :P

And -C-, welcome aboard. :okman:
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller
User avatar
goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 17088
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby glen a richter » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:41 am

My only wish was that they'd done that against Lundqvist instead of Johnson. It seems slightly cheapened, winning 4-1 against a goalie with 2 previous games of NHL experience.

We know they can handle a backup goalie, how about the #1's?
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby section319 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:00 pm

not_a_wings_fan wrote:The short passes out of their own zone and through the neutral zone are making me very happy. They finally look like a hockey team most of the time.

That first goal was a thing of beauty. Walt gets mad props for that pass to set it up, but the play was set up by smart, heads up passing all around. We keep moving the puck like this and we will have no issues getting this thing back on track.

I am liking what I see from the team these last few games: effort, teamwork, and hitting.

++
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.
User avatar
section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Mizzou

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby ViPeRx007 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:46 pm

glen a richter wrote:My only wish was that they'd done that against Lundqvist instead of Johnson. It seems slightly cheapened, winning 4-1 against a goalie with 2 previous games of NHL experience.

We know they can handle a backup goalie, how about the #1's?


What I look at in these scenarios is what the defense gave up during the game.

In this case:
22 shots, 1 GA

I'd take those numbers going up against any goalie. Now had the game ended 6-5 I wouldn't have been as excited about it.
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
User avatar
ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
 
Posts: 9612
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Location: Billings, MT

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby BF44 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:23 pm

glen a richter wrote:My only wish was that they'd done that against Lundqvist instead of Johnson. It seems slightly cheapened, winning 4-1 against a goalie with 2 previous games of NHL experience.

We know they can handle a backup goalie, how about the #1's?


Disagree... the first two goals weren't going to be stopped by anyone. the first one was great puck movement, and the other was a deflection off of a defender's skate. Steen's backhanded wraparound goal was indeed a bad one (as most backhanded wraparounds are), but we still win 3-1
User avatar
BF44
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
 
Posts: 3633
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:03 pm
Location: The estrogen-free hockey-watching man-cave

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby -C- » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:53 pm

goon attack wrote:I was not aware of the presence of -C-. :P

And -C-, welcome aboard. :okman:


Thanks. :)
Last edited by -C- on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-C-
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:14 pm

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby -C- » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:54 pm

BF44 wrote:
Disagree... the first two goals weren't going to be stopped by anyone. the first one was great puck movement, and the other was a deflection off of a defender's skate. Steen's backhanded wraparound goal was indeed a bad one (as most backhanded wraparounds are), but we still win 3-1


I agree with you, Lundqvist would not have make a difference in the outcome.
-C-
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:14 pm

Re: GDT: Rags @ Blues, 7 PM Central

Postby glen a richter » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:31 pm

Looks like the Rangers are opening up a can of whoop-ass on the Canadiens. Thankfully this effort was tonight and not last night.
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015
glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God
 
Posts: 7509
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Location: Long Island, NY

Previous

Return to St. Louis Blues Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ComradeT, crazyhorse, dmiles2186, ecbm, ORBluesFan, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests