GDT: Ducks @ Blues, 23 Jan 2010, 7 PM CST

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT: Ducks @ Blues, 23 Jan 2010, 7 PM CST

Post by kodos »

What a hot load of sh!t that game was.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Season's over, kids. Blow it up and start over.

Fat Man, your first attempt at rebuilding has officially failed. Justify your continued employment.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

Predicted it after the Blues gave up the first goal to em.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

Carl Racki
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Carl Racki »

Phukit. I'm a caps fan.

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

Nyghtewynd wrote:Season's over, kids. Blow it up and start over.
agreeing with this. ^

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

stlmark wrote::facepalm: Is it :thumbsupcards: time yet?

I sure hope not, I'd rather watch a Blues team not win a game than an undefeated Cards team and I don't really dislike baseball too much, I just get really sick of the obsession with the Cardinals in St. Louis ( :deadhorse: ..I know..)
Carl Racki wrote:Phukit. I'm a caps fan.
Fag.
Nyghtewynd wrote:
Fat Man, your first attempt at rebuilding has officially failed. Justify your continued employment.
Give me a break, you really expected 3 LATE first rounders to carry this team three years after being drafted, give me a break. Not to mention that our vets aren't very good, neither is our defense really, it is going to take longer to get these kids to be consistent. I really wish we wouldn't have made the play-offs last year when I see posts like this.

:facepalm:

But yeah, the Blues suck, again.. :letsgoblues:
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Abused Fan Syndrome at its finest. You think you deserve it.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

6 points out 8th place. I'm not counting them out unless they really start to tank. But when they cant sustain a 3 goal lead in the 3rd period they don't deserve to make the playoffs then.

I'm not ready to fall asleep watching the Cardinals.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

section319 wrote: Give me a break, you really expected 3 LATE first rounders to carry this team three years after being drafted, give me a break. Not to mention that our vets aren't very good, neither is our defense really, it is going to take longer to get these kids to be consistent. I really wish we wouldn't have made the play-offs last year when I see posts like this.

This :plusplus:

I thought from the minute it happened that making the playoffs last year was terrible for this organization.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

They're just not confident enough yet. When we see them kicking ass, roughing people up, talking tons of sh1t.....that's when we'll know they are ready to clamp down and win games in the third.

We let several quality tough guys go over the last few years: Mayers, Salvy, Low, Drake etc...

Until some of these kids step up and take on those roles, this team will keep blowing leads like this.

SO, we need to roll 4 lines. I know people will piss and moan about it, but if you want this team to progress as a unified whole, you MUST roll 4 lines the entire game. Forget matchups, forget the playoffs. Roll 4 lines THE ENTIRE GAME and encourage them to start shit. Eat some losses in the process. Who cares? It will pay off in the long run.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

goon attack wrote: We let several quality tough guys go over the last few years: Mayers, Salvy, Low, Drake etc...

Salvador is the one that really hurts there. I keep hoping Polak will play that way more consistently.

I offered to take Jamal’s bags to the airport for him.

I agree we need to play much more physically and take the play to our opponents, but simply ‘starting shit’ isn’t going to get you anywhere.

You need to bring physicality to your game, not just go out there to simply try and hit people. Hit them while playing. A Drake or Corson type player is what you’re looking for and if you can get enough guys like that you don’t have to worry about shortening your bench because you have to dress guys like Cam or Reid.

David Perron may be small, but he plays with an edge and that will draw penalties. Obviously Backes brings physical play to the ice. Bergie should use his size more, he’s never going to ‘muck it up’, but he needs to play stronger on the boards (he actually checks more than most would think). The one that really bothers me is….where the hell is the TJ Oshie we saw last year?

These are the ones we need to bring it. Paulie, Andy, Boyes are what they are and you’re not going to change that.

You’ll notice that when we were winning a week ago it was guys like BJ and Winchester that were rolling.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

What the shit is this shitty team?
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

DaDitka wrote:
goon attack wrote: We let several quality tough guys go over the last few years: Mayers, Salvy, Low, Drake etc...

Salvador is the one that really hurts there. I keep hoping Polak will play that way more consistently.

I offered to take Jamal’s bags to the airport for him.

I agree we need to play much more physically and take the play to our opponents, but simply ‘starting shit’ isn’t going to get you anywhere.

You need to bring physicality to your game, not just go out there to simply try and hit people. Hit them while playing. A Drake or Corson type player is what you’re looking for and if you can get enough guys like that you don’t have to worry about shortening your bench because you have to dress guys like Cam or Reid.

David Perron may be small, but he plays with an edge and that will draw penalties. Obviously Backes brings physical play to the ice. Bergie should use his size more, he’s never going to ‘muck it up’, but he needs to play stronger on the boards (he actually checks more than most would think). The one that really bothers me is….where the hell is the TJ Oshie we saw last year?

These are the ones we need to bring it. Paulie, Andy, Boyes are what they are and you’re not going to change that.

You’ll notice that when we were winning a week ago it was guys like BJ and Winchester that were rolling.
I largely agree with your take but perhaps I didn't articulate mine clearly.

When we see them starting more shit, that's when we know they are on the right track. that's the point. They're being too timid. I am not saying that by merely starting shit they will get better, although it will build unity.

I'll say it again: THEY NEED TO BE ASSHOLES OUT THERE. The opponents should not be able to count on in the 3rd period not being hit and the D backing in on each rush. They should be just as worried about getting smeared and getting their asses kicked in the last 10 minutes as in the first 10 minutes of each game.

They're not doing that. Sure, a few guys are manning up, like BJ, Backes & Winchester, but I want to see it ACROSS THE BOARD and ACROSS 60 minutes.

What I'd like to see it one of our guys PUMMELING an opposing player with 5 minutes left. Seeing a teammate crumpled on the ice with a face full of blood will create some doubt in the opposition. If you take a penalty, who the hell cares? We're blowing what should be airtight leads anyway!

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

What I'd like to see it one of our guys PUMMELING an opposing player with 5 minutes left. Seeing a teammate crumpled on the ice with a face full of blood will create some doubt in the opposition.
Why this isn't happening is beyond me.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

The level of suck is uncanny.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

JPonder94
All-Star
All-Star

Post by JPonder94 »

Has Eric Brewer ever shot a puck in his life? He had about 16 opportunities in the third to take a slapshot from the point but refused.
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Don't worry guys, I know what to do to right this ship: go out and get Ovechkin, Crosby and Kovalchuk. It's not that hard, I just did it on NHL 10.

:cup:
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

ViPeRx007 wrote:Don't worry guys, I know what to do to right this ship: go out and get Ovechkin, Crosby and Kovalchuk. It's not that hard, I just did it on NHL 10.

Hell if its in the game then it could happen in real life. :roll:

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

ViPeRx007 wrote:Don't worry guys, I know what to do to right this ship: go out and get Ovechkin, Crosby and Kovalchuk. It's not that hard, I just did it on NHL 10.

OMG fire LEERY hire Viperz!!
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

stlbluz wrote:
What I'd like to see it one of our guys PUMMELING an opposing player with 5 minutes left. Seeing a teammate crumpled on the ice with a face full of blood will create some doubt in the opposition.
Why this isn't happening is beyond me.

regarding physical play, it's like with 10 minutes left they're just trying to run out the clock. I think things should be turned up a notch in that situation because any team worth its salt will be doing that trying to score.

It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't. Old line, yes, but it's appropriate here methinks.