Kovalchuk to NJ

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Kovalchuk to NJ

Post by WaukeeBlues »

DaDitka wrote:On the NHL Network last night and NHL Sirius this morning they stated they expect NJ to announce an extenstion as early as this weekend.
Would not shock me in the slightest. And it'll probably be for less than what Waddell was offering :lol:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

So after Kovy signs that deal for less money than Atlanta was offering, please o please tell me NJ tampered with Kovy before the deal and owes 5 first round draft picks and 3 players to be named later to someone.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:So after Kovy signs that deal for less money than Atlanta was offering, please o please tell me NJ tampered with Kovy before the deal and owes 5 first round draft picks and 3 players to be named later to someone.

It will never happen. Know why?

Because no other franchise is dumb enough to not send a legal representative to a hearing.

The Blues were penalized more for their arrogance and lack of respect then their actions.

It’s was the same brain trust that send no one to a draft in which Hasek went in the 10th round.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

DaDitka wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:So after Kovy signs that deal for less money than Atlanta was offering, please o please tell me NJ tampered with Kovy before the deal and owes 5 first round draft picks and 3 players to be named later to someone.

Because no other franchise is dumb enough to not send a legal representative to a hearing.

The Blues were penalized more for their arrogance and lack of respect then their actions.

It’s was the same brain trust that send no one to a draft in which Hasek went in the 10th round.

The Blues were screwed by Purina. Purina basically abandoned the team and didn't send anyone. There was nothing anyone could do. And of course, the NHL had no interest in helping then either.

Deep draft too.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

northwest dave wrote:
DaDitka wrote:

The Blues were screwed by Purina. Purina basically abandoned the team and didn't send anyone. There was nothing anyone could do. And of course, the NHL had no interest in helping then either.

Deep draft too.
I understand. I'm just glad that we have better management now (I think).

JD has created a lot of excitement, but this is also the same staff that gave Jackman an extension and didn't bring in any more scoring in the offseason.

I they believed we weren’t really close enough to make a real run yet so why waste the money/resources yet, I can get behind that.

If they thought we had enough talent on the roster, I clearly have some concerns.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

cprice12 wrote:It would also be nice if we could unload Brewer and/or Jackman. Jesus...we've been talking about that for years now.
Official day of celebration in St. Louis if one of them is let go somehow... parade down Market St. if both.
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

DaDitka wrote:

Umm, no. The year they didn't send anyone to the draft, Ralston Purina was the lame duck owner. Emile Francis was about the only employee left. The whole Stevens/Shanahan fiasco was Mike Shanahan/Quinn/Caron regime. The Ornest era was in between.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

Leedog wrote:
DaDitka wrote:

Umm, no. The year they didn't send anyone to the draft, Ralston Purina was the lame duck owner. Emile Francis was about the only employee left. The whole Stevens/Shanahan fiasco was Mike Shanahan/Quinn/Caron regime. The Ornest era was in between.
Ron Caron was there in '83. I remember him putting rallies together to keep the team in St. Louis. And he...just like JD...created lots of excitement.

While Caron got too trigger happy with trades, it was Quinn who was the a-hole who caused most of the issues (ie tampering).

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

Caron was hired by Ornest after he bought the team, which was after the draft.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

Leedog wrote:
DaDitka wrote:

++ Actually, we had people at the draft and Ralston Purina wouldn't let them participate.
Ralston's stunning declaration left what was remaining of the Blues organization in limbo for the 1983 Entry Draft, which was to be held only five days later in Montreal. For months Dennis Ball, the Blues highest ranking official still employed, and his scouts had been preparing for the ‘83 Draft. Ignored by Ralston for weeks as to what they should do, four staff members traveled at their own expense up to Montreal, hoping that the authorization to participate would come, thinking that Ralston couldn't have been so blinded by its anger over the situation that they would forfeit their picks at the draft.

Shockingly, that call never came. Ralston stated that they "were not required to participate, and therefore would send no representative" to the draft. And so they didn't.

It was the first and only time in NHL history that a franchise did not participate in an entry draft.

http://www.stlouisgametime.com/2009/4/5 ... -the-story
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.