Fat Bastard (Ken Hitchcock) Fired

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Fat Bastard (Ken Hitchcock) Fired

Post by sseagle »

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308802
BLUE JACKETS PART WAYS WITH HITCHCOCK, PROMOTE NOEL
The Columbus Blue Jackets have relieved head coach Ken Hitchcock of his duties behind the bench and named assistant coach Claude Noel as the club's interim head coach, the team announced Wednesday.

"This season has been very disappointing for the Blue Jackets organization and our fans and the responsibility for that rests with all of us from management to the coaches and players," said general manager Scott Howson in a statement.

"Hitch worked tirelessly to build an identity for this team that was missing before he arrived and deserves a great deal of credit for those efforts. He earned and received the opportunity to turn things around this season, but unfortunately that has not happened and it has become apparent that change is in the best interest of our organization. Claude Noel is a good hockey coach with a proven track record in the American Hockey League. He knows our team and is deserving of this opportunity."

After being fired by the Philadelphia Flyers early in the 2006-07 season, Hitchcock took over the reigns in Columbus a month later and almost managed to get the club to the .500 mark in 62 games.

The following season, the Blue Jackets finished with a record of 34-36-12 and he was rewarded with a three-year extension. He has two full years remaining on his contract.

Last season, the Blue Jackets (41-31-10) broke through the playoff barrier for the first time in franchise history but were swept in four games by the Detroit Red Wings.

Hitchcock, who first made his mark as head coach of the WHL's Kamloops Blazers, started his NHL coaching career with the Dallas Stars in 1995-96 and led the team to their first Stanley Cup three years later. His next stop came with the Flyers in 2002-03.

Hitchcock leaves the Blue Jackets as the sixth-longest tenured coach in the NHL, trailing only Anaheim's Randy Carlyle, Buffalo's Lindy Ruff, Detroit's Mike Babcock, Nashville's Barry Trotz and Vancouver's Alain Vigneault.

Hitchcock is an assistant coach for the Canadian Olympic team competing at the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver.

Noel, 54, joined the Blue Jackets as an assistant coach in 2007 after spending four seasons as the head coach of the American Hockey League's Milwaukee Admirals.

The Blue Jackets are 22-27-9 this season and are 11 points out of a playoff spot in the Western Conference.
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Fat Bastard (Ken Hitchcock) Fired

Post by gaijin »

Get him Leeeeer...

Oh wait. Please don't.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

gaijin wrote:Get him Leeeeer...

Oh wait. Please don't.
This.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

section319
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by section319 »

I don't think we have to worry about getting Hitchcock, I think Davis Payne has a pretty good chance of staying next season as long as we doing completely drop off. From the articles I have read, it seems like he is really well liked by JD & Co. (especially Larry) and it seemed like has been sort of being groomed for this position since he has been in the Blues organization.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports ... enDocument
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

I like Payne so far. If I had to decide right now, I'd say sign him to a two year contract.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

cprice12 wrote:I like Payne so far. If I had to decide right now, I'd say sign him to a two year contract.
:plusplus:
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

JCShutout
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by JCShutout »

section319 wrote:I don't think we have to worry about getting Hitchcock, I think Davis Payne has a pretty good chance of staying next season as long as we doing completely drop off. From the articles I have read, it seems like he is really well liked by JD & Co. (especially Larry) and it seemed like has been sort of being groomed for this position since he has been in the Blues organization.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports ... enDocument
This article makes me really want things to work out for him.
2021 Sponsor of Jordan Binnington
2016-17 Sponsor of David Perron
2015-16 Sponsor of Dmitri Jaškin

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

fat bastard?

don't you mean.....horizontally challenged? lets be PC here.
"Can't wait till 50 posts, so I can create a new topic!"

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

keithp40 wrote:fat bastard?

No, I think he meant fat bastard.

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

abc789987 wrote:
keithp40 wrote:fat bastard?

No, I think he meant fat bastard.
fat bastard it is....i swear he looks like paul bearer from the undertaker....and for the record, i am not a wrestling fan......i repeat NOT a fan

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Good. fat people should be fired from all jobs and replaced with skinny people. They should also be branded with an F right on their foreheads. Then if they lose the weight, another line can be added to the F to form an A for "AWESOME!"
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

goon attack wrote:Good. fat people should be fired from all jobs and replaced with skinny people. They should also be branded with an F right on their foreheads. Then if they lose the weight, another line can be added to the F to form an A for "AWESOME!"
Well, at least ban them from teh coach section of regional jets...
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

goon attack wrote:Good. fat people should be fired from all jobs and replaced with skinny people. They should also be branded with an F right on their foreheads. Then if they lose the weight, another line can be added to the F to form an A for "AWESOME!"
a nutless monkey could do his job....i'm joking.....no seriously, a nutless monkey

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Fat Bastard? Not quite...

He's Captain Kangaroo!!!

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

Prngr44 wrote:Fat Bastard? Not quite...

He's Captain Kangaroo!!!
yeah, lets call him coach kangaroo.....but i bet he would at least shave his head if he was losing it the way payne is...

just sayn'