GDT: Blues vs. Offensive Racial Stereotypes, 7:05PM

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT: Blues vs. Offensive Racial Stereotypes, 7:05PM

Post by WaukeeBlues »

fargoblues wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:Start the fire sale.
This.
I agree, but not because of this week. Don't lose perspective- we lost 2 of 3 against the top two teams in the Western Conference and even then, only by a goal each time.

Relax. It's not that bad.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Per usual, at home, too little, too late. But they've played the Hawks and Sharks tough this week. Good effot. If they can turn that into some wins, you never know. Not time to panic just yet. Look at the bright side, we're a playoff team....if we played in the East.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Tonight=Rams game.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

We are witnessing a team that is damn close, but just can't get over the hump.

A couple smart moves at the deadline, a key signing in the offseason and more experience for the younger guys may do the trick. But as of right now, we are a couple key players short of being where we want to be.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

No question--one of the most miserable evenings I've ever spent as a St. Louis Blues fan. And that's saying something this season.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

ilhockeyguy
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by ilhockeyguy »

I had a bad feeling when we got there. I've never seen the Scott open the doors early....and they did because so many Hawks fans were already there. The Top Shelf end was full of Hawks fans fresh off the bandwagon, screaming "THAT WAS SICK" any time a Hawk wearing 88, 81, 10, or 19 walked around Brewer or Johnson. (Obviously Hawks fans don't know that all they"re good for is being road cones with ears.) You also knew it was going to be bad when all you could hear during the Anthem was screaming, which I find disrespectful, but who am I?
Brad Boyes has to go. I don't care what we get for him, but get him gone. I've never seel a player suck so bad at hitting the net. I'd take Jamal "team record for shots on logo" Mayers back over Boyes. Hell, play Janssen and King over him.
What the hell is up with Payne being an emotionless pile of crap? When Winchester was tripped in the first, and was called for a high stick, Murray would have been blowing a gasket. When Oshie took the knee to knee, Payne should have been demanding a bigger penalty. His lack of emotion is spreading to the team. Oshie should have played with more fire after that hit, and where was Cam? Sitting on the bench. Give King 7-10 minutes a game and he's going to put up 10-15 pts a year. He's a monster in front of the net and hard to push off the puck.
I hate to say it, but Jackman was one of the only ones that showed that they gave a damn last night. He was fired up, and was one of the better, if not best, players on the ice last night. Say what you want, and hate me as much as you need, but Jackman this year, and more like the last 20-25 games, is far better than last year's version, and dare I say the best D-man on the team, right behind Weaver.
The Blues played well, only to be deflated by a crap goal Mason lets up, and a BS no goal call. How many times are we going to get screwed on this call? I hate to say it, but Burrows may have been on to something. Didn't we have a penalty called last week only to have the ref that called it talked out of it by the other officials? Bring back the goal judge and the rules of the 90's.....christ.

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

With the whole disallowed goal where the puck was "covered" a play like that should be reviewable and overturned. That puck was never frozen at any point. The refs are bullshit and its getting deep in our end with it.
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

brynec
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by brynec »

ilhockeyguy wrote:I had a bad feeling when we got there. I've never seen the Scott open the doors early....and they did because so many Hawks fans were already there.
The doors will be opening 15 minutes early for every Saturday game for the rest of the year due to the larger crowds on Saturdays, it didn't have to do with the hawks fans.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
fargoblues wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:Start the fire sale.
This.
I agree, but not because of this week. Don't lose perspective- we lost 2 of 3 against the top two teams in the Western Conference and even then, only by a goal each time.

Relax. It's not that bad.
No, not because of this week, but because of the past few weeks, including last night's effort. Too many players who are paid damn good money to be difference-makers have been non-factors. Time to stop making excuses. Time to plan for and play for next year. Clear up some roster spots and let's see what we've got in Peoria.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

cprice12 wrote:We are witnessing a team that is damn close, but just can't get over the hump.

A couple smart moves at the deadline, a key signing in the offseason and more experience for the younger guys may do the trick. But as of right now, we are a couple key players short of being where we want to be.
:plusplus:

They played pretty hard, they just can't consistently bury the chances they work so hard to generate.

Does anyone on this team know how to pick out an upper corner?

I know they were trying to create rebounds on the bad angle shots, but even the rebound chances were on the ice - or right at the middle of the goal.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Every game I attend lately keep pushing me one step closer to spending all of that ticket money on AC St. Louis + Center Ice and saving some cash next year.

I am so done with Walt for this season that it's not funny. Thanks for your service, Walt, but you bring absolutely nothing to the table right now and were one of the worst players on the ice. He needs to be a healthy scratch from here on out, or allow him to "claim an injury", put him on IR so someone from Peoria can get up here, and have the retirement party on the last game of the regular season.

Others who will hopefully be wearing different-colored clothing in the next couple of weeks: Boyes (done), Brewer (sigh--horrific again last night), Jackman (like anyone would give a bag of pucks for him), either Mason or Conklin (simply unnecessary to have both) and MacD (iffy, but I just don't think he can be a force on this team once it gets good). I'd love to see at least five position players and a goalie up from Peoria in a few weeks so the Blues could at least accomplish something this year.

We need at least five position players, a goalie, and a coach between now and next year's Opening Day.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Nyghtewynd wrote:Every game I attend lately keep pushing me one step closer to spending all of that ticket money on AC St. Louis + Center Ice and saving some cash next year.

I am so done with Walt for this season that it's not funny. Thanks for your service, Walt, but you bring absolutely nothing to the table right now and were one of the worst players on the ice. He needs to be a healthy scratch from here on out, or allow him to "claim an injury", put him on IR so someone from Peoria can get up here, and have the retirement party on the last game of the regular season.

Others who will hopefully be wearing different-colored clothing in the next couple of weeks: Boyes (done), Brewer (sigh--horrific again last night), Jackman (like anyone would give a bag of pucks for him), either Mason or Conklin (simply unnecessary to have both) and MacD (iffy, but I just don't think he can be a force on this team once it gets good). I'd love to see at least five position players and a goalie up from Peoria in a few weeks so the Blues could at least accomplish something this year.

We need at least five position players, a goalie, and a coach between now and next year's Opening Day.
Boyes: agree
Brewer: wasn't terrible last night, by Brewer standards. This alone makes me agree though.
Jackman: do we seriously have a shot at upgrading here? Meh.
Mason: agree or take a serious pay cut
Conklin: keep
MacDonald: WTF? Keep him for sure
Walt: doing what can be expected for the price. No issues here.
Kariya: conspicuously absent from your list. GONE.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Nyghtewynd wrote: I'd love to see at least five position players and a goalie up from Peoria in a few weeks so the Blues could at least accomplish something this year.

Apparently, you haven't looked at Peoria's roster lately.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I think Jackman is actually showing signs of playing much better out there.

Brewer: useless if he's got a big contract and he's captain. Jettison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boyes: if his contract is smallish, I'd keep him around. He's just in a slump. He's definitely not first line material and probably not second line either though.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

goon attack wrote:I think Jackman is actually showing signs of playing much better out there.

Brewer: useless if he's got a big contract and he's captain. Jettison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boyes: if his contract is smallish, I'd keep him around. He's just in a slump. He's definitely not first line material and probably not second line either though.
Boyes isn't exactly third or fourth line material either, since he doesn't play tough or defend worth a shit.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

fargoblues wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:Every game I attend lately keep pushing me one step closer to spending all of that ticket money on AC St. Louis + Center Ice and saving some cash next year.

Boyes: agree
Brewer: wasn't terrible last night, by Brewer standards. This alone makes me agree though.
Jackman: do we seriously have a shot at upgrading here? Meh.
Mason: agree or take a serious pay cut
Conklin: keep
MacDonald: WTF? Keep him for sure
Walt: doing what can be expected for the price. No issues here.
Kariya: conspicuously absent from your list. GONE.
Boyes: He's an enigma. But- here's what you need to look at: Over a 5 year span, he's either hit 30+ goals, or come damn close (26 in 05-06) three times. That's five years. That's not a fluke folks. Conversely, how many times have you seen him put up only 10 in 58 games? Exactly. Once. He's having a bad year; as everyone on this team is. I think it's way early to call him in. I agree that he's completely unremarkable in every way. But the guy can play and he's shown he can. I say keep him.

Brewer: Again, I don't know. He's okay. Unfortunately that's not what you want from your captain and high-paid dman.

Jackman: ++ For what he is I can't complain too loudly.

Mason: ++

Conklin: Still a great signing. agree

MacD: agree. I don't know what some of you are smoking but he is and has been our only consistent player out there and in the playoffs last year literally the ONLY one that looked like he knew what he was doing. Worth every penny. Again- this year just sucks so its making it all look bad.

Walt: Void of a total collapse he'll hit 20 goals again. Not sure what else you can ask for.

Kariya: He's done. He's not quicker than everyone now, he can't puckhandle around everyone now and he gets pushed around way too easily. Flashes of his former self but that's it. Trade deadline deal.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

fargoblues wrote:
goon attack wrote:I think Jackman is actually showing signs of playing much better out there.

Boyes isn't exactly third or fourth line material either, since he doesn't play tough or defend worth a shit.
good point. I guess he'd be a second liner if he could chip in 30 a year, which I think he's still capable of. I would not dump him yet... almost all players have off years.

It's like you're dating this chick and the sex is great but then she goes into a sex slump and you find yourself thinking about Heather Locklear during pumpage. Usually she comes back around for the remainder of her career and you can then focus back on her. Then you of course dump her for some younger nugget once you find yourself thinking of nailing pretty much anybody else but her.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller