Super Bowl XLIV

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Super Bowl XLIV

Post by WaukeeBlues »

I just think Peyton lost some of his poise. And that's very uncharacteristic. You saw him on the sidelines towards the end- looking like he was going to jack someone in the face.

He gets out there and plays pissed off and makes some bad throws; one of which goes all the way back for a TD. You have to maintain control in situations like that. His O-line was giving him time; maybe his receivers were also having problems for the first time this year, I don't know. But for the first time all season the Colts couldn't finish. Very, very surprised.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Peyton Manning now 9-9 in playoff games. That's called "average".

Jim Caldwell was completely outcoached. Indy's really going to go into next year with him as their HC when guys like Bill Cowher are out there?
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

keithp40 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:Saints 31
Colts 28

Saints carry a lead late into the game, Peyton pulls the Colts back to a tie, only to have Brees take the Saints down the field and get them into field position for the win.
keep dreaming....the super bowl fairy tale is over the saints........colts win 45-3
Say what? Looks like I was spot on with those 31 points for the Saints....and the Saints winning.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Nyghtewynd wrote:Peyton Manning now 9-9 in playoff games. That's called "average".
If you're somehow implying that Manning is an average quarterback I will laugh.
Jim Caldwell was completely outcoached. Indy's really going to go into next year with him as their HC when guys like Bill Cowher are out there?
Both teams' offense were having their way with the others' defense tonight. I have no idea where you're getting this "completely outcoached" thing from. Colts stood up the Saints on their 4th and goal, and void of the onside kick, there wasn't one move that was pulled that was "brilliance." And I'm sure the interception return for a TD was a coaching call as well.

They were neck and neck all game until the 4th quarter and even then the only reason the Saints got a comfortable lead was because of the pick return for a TD. I fail to see a convincing argument otherwise. So where the coaching brilliance you are referring to came from is beyond me and likewise why Caldwell was so "bad."
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Just sayin....

I, for one, am glad the Saints won, regardless of KeithP40's blinding hatred for the entire city of New Orleans.

.....just sayin
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
Nyghtewynd wrote:Peyton Manning now 9-9 in playoff games. That's called "average".

that fact that he has played in 18 playoff games at this point in his career, even without a superbowl win, that makes him more than average at the least. the parody in the nfl is so rampant. back in the days of the norris division, every team seemed to make the playoffs....seems different in the nhl now for some reason.
"Can't wait till 50 posts, so I can create a new topic!"

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

glen a richter wrote:Just sayin....

I, for one, am glad the Saints won, regardless of KeithP40's blinding hatred for the entire city of New Orleans.

.....just sayin
i am a straight shooter with upper management written all over me

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

keithp40 wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:

that fact that he has played in 18 playoff games at this point in his career, even without a superbowl win, that makes him more than average at the least. the parody in the nfl is so rampant. back in the days of the norris division, every team seemed to make the playoffs....seems different in the nhl now for some reason.
Peyton Manning is not average. Sure, his postseason record? It's average; 9-9 is the definition of average. But the 4 time (FOUR TIME) league MVP, the guy who is going to shatter passing records, the guy who is automatic week in and week out? Not even close to average.

I always find it funny, that for whatever reason in football, championships automatically make decent QB's all time greats. For instance, Joe Namath's numbers were so-so, but because he won that huge Super Bowl....he's a hall of famer. Take hockey for example, if Ray Bourque wouldn't have won the Cup in '01, would that have hurt his Hall candidacy or his overall legacy (which so many football analysts seem concerned about)? No. Not at all. But now, because Peyton Manning is 1-1 in Super Bowls, he's average.

So since we're going by Super Bowls, Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson are as good as Peyton Manning since they all have 1 Super Bowl win?

Yeah....

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

dmiles2186 wrote: 9-9 is the definition of average.
9-9 isn't necessarily the definition of 'average'. if you are 9-9 in superbowls, then that means you have won 9 and lost 9. if that were the case for someone, they would be the greatest athlete in the history of athletics. winning 9 playoff games regardless of how many losses is a great feat. not too many QBs can say they have won 9 playoff games.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Yeah, great record...for the Atlanta Braves. Great if you have to win a game against Buffalo in October. Not so great if you expect to accomplish greatness.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

Nyghtewynd wrote:Yeah, great record...for the Atlanta Braves. Great if you have to win a game against Buffalo in October. Not so great if you expect to accomplish greatness.
....accomplish greatness???? sorry to break it to you, but 9-9 in the playoffs is a great record....not to mention, the QB is just one guy, the defense plays a role in the result too.....win playoff wins is great. how many playoff wins does kurt warner have? do you not think that manning is hall of fame material? when all is said and done, he is a slam dunk.....warner has a great chance, but manning will be a slam dunk for sure.....and yes, 9-9 is great.