GDT: St. Louis @ Colorado -- 8:30pm, KMOX & FSN

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Re: GDT: St. Louis @ Colorado -- 8:30pm, KMOX & FSN

Post by abc789987 »

#1ELPBluzFan wrote:Does anyone else think that the Conk has a very cool paint job on his mask??
yeah, it's not bad.
If I'm remembering correctly he doesn't care what it has on it. He just gives them to the guy and tells him to paint it. Might be confusing him with someone else though...

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

section319 wrote:So.. Paul Stastny was drafted 44th overall and has 185 points in a 193 games..

We drafted Oshie 24th overall and Scott Jackson 37th overall. Not that I am blaming the Blues since every team passed on him at least once, but you would think he would have gotten picked over Jackson with him being a home town boy and his dad being an alum..

How much different could this team be if we had drafted Stastny over Jackson.. Oh well..
Hey, we have Cam. He's our hometown boy. :lol:

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

mason is a sieve. it happens. shake this one off and then win 5 in a row.

On a related note, that penalty on Oshie was fookin ludicrous. If it were socially acceptable, I'd bitchslap that ref.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

At what point over the last 140 games does underachieving scoring become lack of scoring talent?

I know Bergie is still just 21 and only his second season of North American hockey and Johnson is shaking off rust this year, but other than that…

What you see is what you get.

Pauli…Done

Boyes…streaky (this has been a long bad streak)

Walt…..Done

Backes….20 -25 goal a year guy

Perron…..20 goal a year guy.

Oshie/Steen…..15 to 20 goal a year guys.

So we have a second line center (Andy Mack), a second line winger (Backes) and a bunch of third and fourth line guys. THIS is why I think we are much further away than everyone else thinks.

Sure we only need about 5 pieces…OUR TOP FIVE FORWARDS.

I know last night’s loss was goal tending and defensive play, but we only scored 2 goals again.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

That may be the truth. These may just be topped-out talent, which would obviously make them simply not good enough to be top-two-line guys.

And if that's the case, you eventually have to look at the people who have been touting them as top-line talent and wonder if they know what they're talking about or not.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

worst game ever....i blame the refs....and payne not shaving his head

...........shave it off!
"Can't wait till 50 posts, so I can create a new topic!"

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

DaDitka wrote:At what point over the last 140 games does underachieving scoring become lack of scoring talent?

So we have a second line center (Andy Mack), a second line winger (Backes) and a bunch of third and fourth line guys. THIS is why I think we are much further away than everyone else thinks.

I completely agree with this. The best predictor of future performance is recent past performance. I really feel like we have about 10 guys that can play average second line or above average 3rd line, but no (yes, I mean none, zero, zilch) top line players on this team. The proof is, as was stated in the OP, the lack of goal scoring over the last two seasons across two coaches.

Mason wasn't sharp last night, but Colorado wasn't aiming for the fat part of his pads either. This whole looking to create rebounds thing is really pissing me off lately. You try to shoot it where the goalie isn't, and if you get a rebound you bury it - but you don't try to bank it to someone else off his pads.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

Agreed. This team has no stars.
The #1 guy cannot be a D-man.

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:
DaDitka wrote:At what point over the last 140 games does underachieving scoring become lack of scoring talent?

I completely agree with this. The best predictor of future performance is recent past performance. I really feel like we have about 10 guys that can play average second line or above average 3rd line, but no (yes, I mean none, zero, zilch) top line players on this team. The proof is, as was stated in the OP, the lack of goal scoring over the last two seasons across two coaches.

Mason wasn't sharp last night, but Colorado wasn't aiming for the fat part of his pads either. This whole looking to create rebounds thing is really pissing me off lately. You try to shoot it where the goalie isn't, and if you get a rebound you bury it - but you don't try to bank it to someone else off his pads.
You're kidding right? Blues shoot where goalie isn't all the time... High and wide.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov