Now that it's clear we won't make the playoffs...

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Re: Now that it's clear we won't make the playoffs...

Post by fargoblues »

Well, I take it as meaning the Blues are looking at dumping him, which is sad. Having said that, don't Korea, Jackman, Brewer, and Walt have no-trade clauses?
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

fargoblues wrote: Having said that, don't Korea, Jackman, Brewer, and Walt have no-trade clauses?
only south korea has a no trade clause....north korea on the other hand, is pretty much unpredictable.
"Can't wait till 50 posts, so I can create a new topic!"

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

OK. Found it.

http://www.nhlscap.com/no_trade.htm
St. Louis Blues No Trade Clauses:

Eric Brewer, STL - NTC
Barret Jackman, STL - NTC
Paul Kariya, STL - NMC
Andy McDonald, STL - NTC [starting July 1, 2009]
Keith Tkachuk, STL - NTC

NTC - player cannot be traded without his consent; consent not required for waivers for assignment to minors.
NMC - player cannot be traded, waived for a claim by another team, or assigned to the minors without his consent. [This does not protect the player from a buyout.]
:facepalm:
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

fargoblues wrote:OK. Found it.

http://www.nhlscap.com/no_trade.htm
St. Louis Blues No Trade Clauses:

Eric Brewer, STL - NTC
Barret Jackman, STL - NTC
Paul Kariya, STL - NMC
Andy McDonald, STL - NTC [starting July 1, 2009]
Keith Tkachuk, STL - NTC

NTC - player cannot be traded without his consent; consent not required for waivers for assignment to minors.
NMC - player cannot be traded, waived for a claim by another team, or assigned to the minors without his consent. [This does not protect the player from a buyout.]
:facepalm:

I don't think it matters because all (save Walt) would love a chance for a new start and to get the hell out of here. None of them are exactly.....fan favorites. Not to mention, even if this team starts making regular playoff appearances, a cup run is still a ways off.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

I don't think any of them want to stay. I also think that a good GM or owner can convince anyone to want to go, especially on a bad team to a playoff team. Two words: "healthy scratch" (I'm looking at you, Walt).
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Nyghtewynd wrote: Two words: "healthy scratch" (I'm looking at you, Walt).

I highly doubt Walt is 'healthy' :okman:

ComradeT
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by ComradeT »

Wulfen wrote:Mathematically we are still in it. Realistically we need to start evaluating the season for what it is, a another rebuilding year. If we can pull off another run and make the playoffs great but dont risk the future for another 1st round exit. I would rather ship out kariya, tkachuk, etc. and their playoff experience for some younger nhl ready forwards (no more draft picks that we will waste on more defensemen) than see us squeak in and get swept by Chicago or Vancouver.
And all this about signing RFAs will have to wait until we sign our own. We will have to give EJ a big salary he hasnt earned yet, same with Perron (although I can see him being a prick and go somewhere else if they offer 3 more dollars). Carlo, Steen and Weaver are all UFAs that need to be brought back. Mason is a UFA if we wanna bring him and his holey pads back. I would be willing to take a risk on Vesa Toskela in goal next year.
Just some thoughts. Go Blues, beat the Avs.
Ya know, as much scoring as we'll give up if we trade Kariya and Tkachuk... Their younger replacements might pick that up and more without much problem. I also think that Walt should be playing every other game, just because of the age... He just looks old, especially in the second game of a back-to-back.
2018 - 2019 Official sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2017 - 2018 Official sponsor of Joel "Top Shelf" Edmundson
2016 - 2017 Official sponsor of Nail "THE YAK" Yakupov

tomcat16
All-Star
All-Star

Post by tomcat16 »

section319 wrote:
Strickland tweeted that the Blues have let other GM's know that Coliacovo is available, take it for what it is worth.
Which is the only reason I included him on the list. I think he should stay as well, the Blues need all the offensive minded rear-guards they can get.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

The "trade em all" attitude in this thread is sickening.

McDonald? Am I or am I not correct is saying he was one of if not the ONLY guy wearing a bluenote last year in the playoffs that didn't look like a turd? He's the only one that knew what he was doing, the only veteran (basically) center on our entire roster. Why is there discussion about trading him? Why?

I'm not going to bother going through all the names, I'm just shocked. Who the heck do you guys want to see out there!? 18 AAA players?! "Well at least they're getting playing time" is what I'm feeling like everyone would say. I'm amazed. It's illogical and dumb to sit here and rank off the veterans, point all the fingers and say "them! There! They are the problem! All we need to do is trade them all and we'll be fine!"

Doubt it.

To be fair, there are some I agree with. But that list is a systematic naming of the only guys on our roster with more than 5 meaningful years in this league.

Struggles? Yes. Congratulations, that's called the 09-10 St. Louis Blues. Abandon ship? Hardly.

And the view that "everyone wants to get out of here" is pure conjecture. None of us knows anything about the motives of players. One would THINK some of the older guys want another shot at a cup (Kariya/Walt) but, at least that I've seen, there has not been a single solitary report that players have been making any such secret motivations known. Don't wildfire it into "everyone on this team hates it here."

carry on.

</rant>
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
And the view that "everyone wants to get out of here" is pure conjecture. None of us knows anything about the motives of players. One would THINK some of the older guys want another shot at a cup (Kariya/Walt) but, at least that I've seen, there has not been a single solitary report that players have been making any such secret motivations known. Don't wildfire it into "everyone on this team hates it here."

carry on.

</rant>

I don't think that is what we were saying at all.

The fact that they all had NTC was brought up and I was addressing that I didn't think that would be an issue because I think any of them could be 'convinced' to wave it.

I agree, I've heard nothing about anyone wanting out (save Perron while AM was still here). And I've heard it would have to be a perfect situation for Walt to wave his.

I just don’t think Paulie, of Brewer, or Jacks would block a move.

And let’s not even talk about moving Andy Mac, as you stated he was our best player in the playoffs last year and currently he’s the only guy on the roster that you can definitively categorize as a first or second liner at the NHL level.

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

[quote="DaDitka

I just don’t think Paulie, of Brewer, or Jacks would block a move.

i have a move that brewer can't block......TELL HIM TO LEAVE.
"Can't wait till 50 posts, so I can create a new topic!"