Not a proud moment...

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Re: Not a proud moment...

Post by keithp40 »

strocklen083 wrote:ummmmm...........someone enjoying their Olympic break a little too much?

the more stories I hear about this dude on the street, the more I start to believe them. Doesn't take away from his on-ice performance. But jesus, he needs to get his sh!t together.
what are you hearing on "the street"?
"Can't wait till 50 posts, so I can create a new topic!"

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

richtedm wrote:
abc789987 wrote:yeah, I can't believe he is wearing a V-neck t-shirt.
I've sported a v-neck lately and I am not ashamed to admit it. Maybe a little. I was at least moderately conflicted about it.
i don't do the v-neck, but i sure as hell am now!

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

live spelled backwards is evil.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

keithp40 wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:ummmmm...........someone enjoying their Olympic break a little too much?

the more stories I hear about this dude on the street, the more I start to believe them. Doesn't take away from his on-ice performance. But jesus, he needs to get his sh!t together.
what are you hearing on "the street"?
Without going in to specifics out of respect for the players and the fact that nothing I've heard can be confirmed. But I've been told some stories from various sources around town about certain players and their "recreational" indulgences off the ice. I mean, it happens in every sport but you'd like to at least think these guys are smart enough to not just put on a nice face for the camera but that they refrain from activites that would reflect negatively upon themselves on the ice or in the community.

I'm not saying any of the things I've heard are true. But it's videos like this that make you wonder if those rumors are reality.

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

believe half of what you see...some or none of what you hear.

what? like strip clubs? tiger woods type stuff? :twisted:

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

Are you saying the boy drinks too much or something bigger? I don't know if you could be any more vague. It's an online message forum, ffs, YOU brought it up, spit it out already.

Someone from the Blues' offices or the NHL needs to slap him upside the head for making a complete ass of himself. He represents both agencies wherever he goes, and what we see in that video just isn't going to work. And if that's what he does with his time, no wonder he isn't scoring more highlight reel goals.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

That was his favorite Sioux moment? What was that?
Official All-Time Co-Sponsor of Cam Janssen

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

i agree.....way too vague.....this isn't the new york times or something, you're not on the record. and these sources or speak of?

maybe he should move in with al macinnis, just like crosby and mario.

i have sources telling me that they were bedding up.

yeah, i said sources, so it must be true.

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

Internet or not, you don't want to go around spouting off tales you can't verify.

I've seen the Blues out. Its not hard if you know your way around the local bar scene. They like to have fun. Too much fun? Eh, who knows, I probably have too much fun too according to some people.

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

richtedm wrote: I've seen the Blues out. Its not hard if you know your way around the local bar scene. They like to have fun.

we're not worthy...we're not worthy!

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

SOOO if I go on here and say kelly chase used to bang a girl from my dorm or that Brett Hull used to go to a specific bar near SLU to chase college skirts with him after games... and that often times they were totally canned before they left said bar... that would be too much?

:lol:

If all you are saying is you have seen them totally trashed, that's pretty much par for the course. BUT, if you are implying that Oshie is rolling into strip clubs with 70k in ones in a Blues' duffel bag that's a story, man.

:roll:

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

There's a difference between the average joe going out and acting like a tooly douche and a professional athlete doing the same thing. It just comes with the territory. It might not be fair but it's also probably not fair they're getting paid millions of dollars to play a game.

I can't say this totally ruined my view of Oshie but it didn't help it any. I'll scratch this one up to inexperience but I hope somebody in the organization see's this and has a talk with him about it because he came across pretty negatively there.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

DaDitka wrote:@1:10, when asked about being with the St. Louis Blues....

"Unfortunately" :facepalm:
He meant being a pro in general I'm pretty sure.

Now he wishes he was back in undergrad, where he was probably regarded as a minor god.

And I guarantee he went to the game and the people realized he was there, asked him to do an interview so he's staggering from pre-gaming and goes "ALRIGHT!" :lol:

gotta decline those interviews when you've been drinkin my man...
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

richtedm wrote:Internet or not, you don't want to go around spouting off tales you can't verify.

I've seen the Blues out. Its not hard if you know your way around the local bar scene. They like to have fun. Too much fun? Eh, who knows, I probably have too much fun too according to some people.
Thanks for knowing what I'm talking about. Any young person that lives in the city with half a social life is likely to see these guys out on a given night. The only comment I'll make beyond my previous statements is that what I'm speaking of goes far beyond alcohol and strip clubs and that's where I'll end it.

That being said, I really hope the front office guys have seen this and put him on probation.

keithp40
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by keithp40 »

strocklen083 wrote: The only comment I'll make beyond my previous statements is that what I'm speaking of goes far beyond alcohol and strip clubs and that's where I'll end it.
goes far beyond? what does that mean? i think of...like....major drugs? tiger woods type orgies on a boat? what, is he bangn' women at the top of the arch or something? far beyond? there is only so much that a human body is capable of doing. far beyond? is he robbing banks stark naked while rolling a doobie? is he committing crimes? i think your definition of far beyond needs to be clarified......

richtedm
All-Star
All-Star

Post by richtedm »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:SOOO if I go on here and say kelly chase used to bang a girl from my dorm or that Brett Hull used to go to a specific bar near SLU to chase college skirts with him after games... and that often times they were totally canned before they left said bar... that would be too much?

:lol:

If all you are saying is you have seen them totally trashed, that's pretty much par for the course. BUT, if you are implying that Oshie is rolling into strip clubs with 70k in ones in a Blues' duffel bag that's a story, man.

:roll:
You could do those things... but you'd just be gossiping... like TMZ-sports version. Not my thing. And we all know Humps and Hull were like peas and carrots. He's only got about a hundred photos around the joint still (as of closing time Friday night anyway :wink: ).

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
DaDitka wrote:@1:10, when asked about being with the St. Louis Blues....

"Unfortunately" :facepalm:
He meant being a pro in general I'm pretty sure.
I know, it just doesn't come across well. In all reality, I think the fans and the media may be at fault here somewhat because I can only imagine how hard these unrealistic expectations must be to deal with.
WaukeeBlues wrote: gotta decline those interviews when you've been drinkin my man...
Exactly.....don't decline the booze.....Do decline the interview.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

strocklen083 wrote:
richtedm wrote:Internet or not, you don't want to go around spouting off tales you can't verify.

Thanks for knowing what I'm talking about. Any young person that lives in the city with half a social life is likely to see these guys out on a given night. The only comment I'll make beyond my previous statements is that what I'm speaking of goes far beyond alcohol and strip clubs and that's where I'll end it.

That being said, I really hope the front office guys have seen this and put him on probation.
If you saw something, tell us. This cryptic stuff is silly.
If you didn't see anything, then stfu.

drwoland
All-Star
All-Star

Post by drwoland »

He looks like he'd been on a coke bender in that video.

Probably letting loose after a year and a half of Murray.

strocklen083
All-Star
All-Star

Post by strocklen083 »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:If you saw something, tell us. This cryptic stuff is silly.
If you didn't see anything, then stfu.
Look, I'm not going to sit here and play character assasination on the guy just because you all want to hear a couple of rumors of what these guys do in their free time. I'm simply stating my concern for his well being and his future prospects on the ice as a member of the Blues. The fact of the matter is he slipped up and did something on public television he probably shouldn't have done. For that he deserves a stern warning and a pretty lengthy lecture. But it doesn't give anyone just cause to go throwing around outlandish stories on message boards for the sake of doing so.

As I stated above, I have not personally witnessed anything these guys allegedly have done. But that doesn't mean I can't voice my concern (if true) regarding the path that it might lead to.