Would you trade Pujols?

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Would you trade Pujols?

Post by Winning Unlimited »

After seeing what just happened to LeBron, would you trade Pujols?

If I couldn't re-sign Pujols, I would absolutely trade him. The only one-for-one trade I would make would be Pujols straight-up for Strasburg. Otherwise, I'd open up the bidding. I'd want another team's best player under 30, and their farm system.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Would you trade Pujols?

Post by DaDitka »

I would absolutely trade Albert.

There is no denying he is an all world (possibly all time) hitter, but the dude doesn't make us a better team.

First, he's quite possibly the worst base runner in the league. I'm not saying slowest, just dumbest. I question whether anyone in the league has ran into more outs then Albert over the last two seasons.

Second, he's terrible for the club house. He gets to do what ever he want's and when he's not held accountable for not running out balls and or running through stop signs, the rest of the team develops animosity. Now everyone is more concerned with the uneven standards within the organization and less worried about what's going on on the field. Now that it's gone south between the lines, it's all finger pointing instead of accountability.

This clubhouse is in shambles and you have two options..

#1. Make Albert change his attitude, make Tony change his approach, and replace 80% of the roster.

#2. Trade the cancer, save 20+ mill a year, and receive a windfall in return.

This is a no brainier if I'm the Cardinals organization. They are going to draw over 3 million every year no matter what, so if paying Albert over 20 million a year isn't going to make you a better team....why do it?

I say trade him and build a foundation (talent and monetary) for the next ten years.

I have to admit, I was saying the same thing in the offseason, so some may consider me a hatter, but I'm not. I do understand the talent the Albert is.......I just don't think he makes the 'team' better. It's my belief, considering all the money it would take to sign him and what you could get in return, the organization as a whole would be better off to move him.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

Really??? We must be watching a different team. I haven't been watching every single game the past month like I usually do but I don't think we could have changed that much.
DaDitka wrote:First, he's quite possibly the worst base runner in the league. I'm not saying slowest, just dumbest. I question whether anyone in the league has ran into more outs then Albert over the last two seasons.
He is one of the most aggressive base runners in the league. For every out he runs into he is reaching an extra few bases and scoring way more often. I don't think I have heard a single broadcaster say that he was a dumb base runner, and I don't just watch FSMW. Everyone always calls him aggressive.
DaDitka wrote:Second, he's terrible for the club house. He gets to do what ever he want's and when he's not held accountable for not running out balls and or running through stop signs, the rest of the team develops animosity. Now everyone is more concerned with the uneven standards within the organization and less worried about what's going on on the field. Now that it's gone south between the lines, it's all finger pointing instead of accountability
I don't see this either. Where have you heard all this?

No way in hell Albert will be traded.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

abc789987 wrote:Really??? We must be watching a different team. I haven't been watching every single game the past month like I usually do but I don't think we could have changed that much.
DaDitka wrote:First, he's quite possibly the worst base runner in the league. I'm not saying slowest, just dumbest. I question whether anyone in the league has ran into more outs then Albert over the last two seasons.
He is one of the most aggressive base runners in the league. For every out he runs into he is reaching an extra few bases and scoring way more often. I don't think I have heard a single broadcaster say that he was a dumb base runner, and I don't just watch FSMW. Everyone always calls him aggressive.
DaDitka wrote:Second, he's terrible for the club house. He gets to do what ever he want's and when he's not held accountable for not running out balls and or running through stop signs, the rest of the team develops animosity. Now everyone is more concerned with the uneven standards within the organization and less worried about what's going on on the field. Now that it's gone south between the lines, it's all finger pointing instead of accountability
I don't see this either. Where have you heard all this?

No way in hell Albert will be traded.
++
Albert is very aggressive on the bases, which means he'll run into outs once in a while. But he's extremely smart on the bases and usually wins his gambles. People see him run into an out and chalk him up as a bad baserunner, but they seem to ignore his smart decisions on the bases that severely outweigh his mistakes.

Also, Albert sure as hell does indeed absolutely without a doubt make the Cardinals a better team. I can't believe anyone would say he doesn't. He's the best hitter in the league, he's a gold glover at 1B, and an extremely smart player. He'd make any team better.

Would I trade him? Sure...if I was blown away with an offer that made the team much better now and for years to come...but it would have to be a hell of an offer to make up for the initial backlash & protests from Cardinal nation, (which would also translate into lost revenues for a while).

Will he be traded? Absolutely not, no way in hell...unless of course he requests a trade.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

abc789987 wrote:Really??? We must be watching a different team. I haven't been watching every single game the past month like I usually do but I don't think we could have changed that much.
I have to admit I 'borrowed' that stat about running into outs, and it was mentioned on ESPN a week ago.

If you think he's not a 'dumbass' on the basses and actually believe he's 'created' more then he's given away this year.....well there's not really any reason to continue this conversation.

But you are right, these local boys wouldn't ever question these guys. Hungo tried last year and it almost cost him his job.

I don't see this either. Where have you heard all this?[/quote]

It all started back when Albert and Scottie got into it over Albert watching his home runs, of course then it became a two sided locker room and both sides were trying to show them up and it actually helped. Now almost all those who opposed the Albert/Molina side are gone no it's Albert's world and he does what he wants.

Listen to guys like Bernie, Gould, etc and you'll here plenty of little nips. Not if you listed to the pre/post game shows on 550 or FSM (as you already stated was NOT all you are basing your experience on)

I don't really care, all I know is this team blows as it's constructed right now and they have no heart. This team is in desperate need of a slap in the face and a kick in the ass. They need a leader......too bad we don't have guys like Rolen or Walker in the locker room any more.

I din't say Albert was a bad player - he's great, I just think all things considered, we could be better off trading him (of course that is also based on my belief that you could get an absolute boatload for him).

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

cprice12 wrote:
Also, Albert sure as hell does indeed absolutely without a doubt make the Cardinals a better team. I can't believe anyone would say he doesn't. He's the best hitter in the league, he's a gold glover at 1B, and an extremely smart player. He'd make any team better.
Does he make your line up better? Sure.

Has he played 'Gold Glove' Defense last year or the first half of this year? Hell no!

By make his team better I don't mean a better looking roster. What I'm talking about is earlier this year when he got in an argument in the dugout because the runner on first stole second with him at the plate. (Which when that happened ALL outlets made it known that was not the 'first' time)

As I stated, it only behoofs the organization if they get a windfall in return, but I in no way think it's ridiculous to explore it as an option.