teh Perron is backes!!1!

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

teh Perron is backes!!1!

Post by Winning Unlimited »

DP_57 is here to stay!! for at least 2 years, and sadly, not 17.

Bernie Miklasz interview. http://www.101espn.com/post/53229_the_b ... sday_72110
(scroll half-way down)

------------------------------------------------------------

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=5 ... -fb-072110
St. Louis Blues Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced Wednesday the club has re-signed forward David Perron to a two-year contract.

“David has proven to be a key forward on our club and we look forward to his continued development with us,” said Armstrong. “We are expecting David to grow into a complete player at this level.”

“I love playing in St. Louis and in front of our fans,” said Perron. “For the past three seasons they have treated me great and I can’t wait for the season to start.”

Perron, 22, tied for fourth on the Blues with 47 points while setting new career highs in goals (20), power play goals (five), shots (166) and games played (82) in 2009-10.

In addition, Perron set a single-game career high with three assists on April 9 vs. Anaheim as well as matching a career-long with two different five-game point streaks.

Overall, the 6-0, 200-pound left-winger ranked third on the Blues in goals, tied for third in both game-winning goals (two) and power play goals and sixth in both assists (27) and shots (166).

Perron’s other season milestones included scoring his first career shorthanded goal October 23 vs. Minnesota, notching his first career hat-trick November 10 vs. Vancouver and becoming the youngest player in Blues history to play in 200 games with the club on February 4 vs. San Jose.

In three NHL season’s with the Blues, Perron has totaled 225 games and 124 points including 48 goals and 76 assists.

The Montreal, Quebec native was originally drafted by St. Louis in the first round (26th overall) in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
Edited: Took out teh :cup: , and added voice link for Perron.
Last edited by Winning Unlimited on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: teh Perron is backes!!1!

Post by WaukeeBlues »

:cup:

You can't put it in the main post, that's cheating.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

Good. Now he better step it up. I want 30 goals from this kid. And way over 200 shots

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

WaukeeBlues wrote::cup:

You can't put it in the main post, that's cheating.
Fact. Bears Beats Battlestar Galactica.

SamJunior
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by SamJunior »

The contract pays him $1,8 million in the first and $2,5 million in the second year. Good deal IMO!

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

SamJunior wrote:The contract pays him $1,8 million in the first and $2,5 million in the second year. Good deal IMO!
:plusplus:

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

That is a good price. Time for Perron to show what he is really capable of! I wonder if there was a provision in the contract that allows him to wear the white skates?

:letsgoblues:
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Maybe we should have just signed him to whatever would get the team to the salary floor so we could end the charade of trying to win this year.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

2010 NHL Free Agency: St. Louis Blues re-sign David Perron for two years
Wed Jul 21,2010 2:45 PM ETBy James O'Brien
While I think that the team could probably use a few more forwards who fall under the "slick" category, it's hard not to like the St. Louis Blues' budding group of near-to-full-on bruisers. That group includes TJ Oshie, David Backes and David Perron.

The Blues announced today that they re-signed RFA Perron to a two-year deal. Beat writer Jeremy Rutherford reports that the deal is worth $4.3 million, with the young forward receiving $1.8 million in his first year and $2.5 million in the second campaign. Perron's cap hit will come out to $2.15 million per season for the next two years. Perron actually broke the news on his Twitter account, which might be a first.

Currently 22 years old, Perron will still be a restricted free agent once this deal expires (an NHL player must be 27 to reach UFA status). That means that he'll once again be an RFA in the summer of 2012.

Perron put up a slightly better year statistically in 08-09 (50 points, +13 rating) than he did last season (47 points, -10 rating). Still, that might have as much to do with his team's inferior play than it does with his own efforts. He did hit a career high in goals scored with 20, besting his mark of 15 in 08-09. The Blues put some of his achievements in context compared to his teammates.

Overall, the 6-0, 200-pound left-winger ranked third on the Blues in goals, tied for third in both game-winning goals (two) and power play goals and sixth in both assists (27) and shots (166).

The Blues have quite the affordable trio of power forwards in the making, at least for the next season. Along with Perron ($2.15 million cap hit), the team has Backes (2.5) and Oshie (1.275) wrapped up for one more year at bargain prices. Actually, St. Louis has a generally cheap roster overall; not many teams can say that their highest paid player (Andy McDonald) is only making $4.7 million per year.

Even though their roster seems largely in place, the team lost veterans Paul Kariya and Keith Tkachuk to free agency and retirement respectively. Might they want to add a little bit of extra skill to their lineup in the form of, say, Alex Frolov? I think it would at least be worth consideration for a team with an astounding $17 million-plus in cap space.

Either way, with an OK group of forwards and defensemen plus a nice combo of Jaroslav Halak and Ty Conklin in net, the Blues are building something solid right now.

WTF!

DP is a power forward and a bruiser?

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

If he's 200 pounds I've got a 12 inch ... ruler.

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Added Bernie Miklasz' interview with DP to the first post.

http://www.101espn.com/post/53229_the_b ... sday_72110

Scroll half-way down.

Boy, that kid just sounds so happy, and nervous, on the radio.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

Yeah, the Blues are building a solid, SOLID 10th-place Western Conference team. Uber-solid.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Prngr44 wrote:If he's 200 pounds I've got a 12 inch ... ruler.
:lol: :lol: :plusplus:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Prngr44 wrote:If he's 200 pounds I've got a 12 inch ... ruler.
So what, aren't ruler's usually always 12 inches?

:ninja:
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

Perron also took what the Blues were offering when he accepted a two-year contract. He will be 24 and still a restricted free agent when the deal expires.(I like this!)

"Our young players, when they're coming out of entry level, they've all progressed but they haven't been defined," Armstrong said. "We hope to have the highest-paid players in the game because that means they are the most talented and most recognizable and they've earned that right. By taking contracts at shorter term, you allow them to grow and make a fair-market value moving forward."

Perron's contract leaves defenseman Erik Johnson and forward D.J. King as the club's only restricted free agents still unsigned. Armstrong said he has spoken with the agents for both recently.

"Every time we talk, I do feel the (talks) are getting closer, but we're not where either side is ready to accept the other's position," he said. "... I do think it will get done, though."

Johnson, the No. 1 overall pick in 2006, isn't permitted to accept offer sheets from other teams because he's had only two years of service. He missed the 2008-09 season after suffering a torn knee ligament in a golf-cart accident.

"Being the first pick, you still have to prove yourself," said Pat Brisson, Johnson's agent. "Unfortunately he got hurt, but you can see his progression. Normally after two years, whether he has offer-sheet rights or not, the trend is to explore a longer-term deal and lock up your core players. That doesn't seem to be the case with the Blues. So the course of the conversation has changed a bit. This is perhaps a direction we weren't intending to go down, but the Blues are looking for a shorter-term (extension). Whether it gets done now or a month from now, I don't know. We're progressing, but it's not there yet."
Not liking the sound of that. This is one kid that we need to lock up for the long haul if we ever hope to have a chance to attract other talent & eventually contend.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

Krigloch the Furious
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Krigloch the Furious »

question because I know shit about contract stuff...
lets say Perron gets his 30 or so goals this year, and really has a good season. Can the Blues extend his contract?

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

"It's still the players who are losers"-David Perron on Kovalchuk
Posted by Julie Heroux for CKAC Sports Thursday, July 22, 2010 à 09 h 19.

(CKAC Sports) While it has signed a two-year contract for $ 4.3 million with St. Louis Blues David Perron said play first and foremost to have fun, but it does not prevent not to criticize the turn of the case Ilya Kovalchuk.
Listen to the interview above David Perron in the issue of bed ... Sports

The NHL has rejected the contract of $ 102 million over 17 years Kovalchuk granted by the New Jersey Devils. The case is now likely to find themselves before an arbitrator if the players' association filed a grievance.

"It's quite frustrating as a hockey player," said David Perron. The salary cap is something that the NHL wanted, this is not something the players wanted. There is record that the general managers find a way around it and the league must put a stop to it obviously. But in all this is still the players who are losers. "

He gives another example where players have been losers by him. It is when the Phoenix Coyotes were able to make many exchanges to trade deadline when they were ownerless. "It may have prevented a team like the St. Louis Blues make the playoffs, while the bottom was the other 29 teams who managed to pay salaries for the Coyotes."

He also recalls that the players have lost a season because of salary cap. Indeed, the impasse in the negotiations had led to a lockout during the entire 2004-2005 season.

The pleasure of playing hockey

For its part, the 22-year winger is delighted with the salary earned his new contract, but this is not the most important to him. "Of course it's very pleasant, but it's not why I play hockey. It is to win the Stanley Cup and having fun. "

The pleasure of play is the key according to David Perron. When asked what he thought of fewer and less number of Quebecers who reach the NHL, the young striker argues that we must first let the young people have fun when they start playing hockey.

"Often, we arrive atom or pee wee and it immediately gaming systems, immediately wanting to win. We must let young people play offensively, but we're talking straight from the defensive youth. That was my case, it was frustrating. We must let the young grow, have fun. Send them to the outdoor rink to try feints. There are those who speak against Kovalev, but he showed young people what it means to be an artist on the ice. "

As a native of Sherbrooke, Quebec, he'd like to see more players from us in alignment with the Montreal Canadiens. He said even hope to be the number one day ...
Glad to hear it's more about the cup then the cash for him.

That last line translated a little rough, but considering he wants to play for Montreal some day, I'm glad he's still going to be a RFA at the end of this two year deal.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

Might want to put a disclaimer at the top letting people know this was roughly translated. I was ready to quote Jules by the time I was done reading this.

Good article either way.
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

“For the past three seasons they have treated me great and I can’t wait for the season to start.”
Translation: "Towards the end of last season, they treated me great by firing that douchenozzle Andy Murray and replacing him with a coach who actually respects the yutes".
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

DaDitka wrote:
The pleasure of play is the key according to David Perron.
Indeed Mr. Perron.

:lol: