I'll be the first to say it

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

I'll be the first to say it

Post by Ruutu15 »

The Hawks are done. You guys told me so...I'll take it like a man. Walk away from Niemi and sign Turco to save a million dollars?! This team is finished.

Hopefully when you guys get better and finally ice a team worthy of winning the cup, your punk GM doesn't ruin the whole thing. I miss Tallon.

All of that waiting, and it's all over as quickly as it began. Such is life as a Blackhawks fan.

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Re: I'll be the first to say it

Post by northwest dave »

:lol:

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

The Blackhawks are going to be a good team this year and will easily make the playoffs but your GM's just keep buying and buying. From teh perspective of a Hawks fan, its a good thing you won the cup last year when you did.

edit: Deleted my first part of the post because it's official now.

Dammit Ruutu, it's not entertaining to poke fun at the Hawks if you're not fighting it defiantly!! :lol:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

WaukeeBlues wrote:Well it's not official yet- and what about burying Huet in the minors? I thought they were going to do that either way and this way they could bring in Turco as a backup? That's what I thought they were doing instead of gambling on Corey Crawford being the backup all season.

The Blackhawks are going to be a good team this year and will easily make the playoffs but your GM's just keep buying and buying. From teh perspective of a Hawks fan, its a good thing you won the cup last year when you did.
The Hawks have already announced to the Chicago media outlets that they're walking from Niemi. They have no choice but to bury Huet next season because of his cap hit (over 5 mil). Unlike most Hawks fans, I'm fine with Huet as a starter. If you look at his numbers, they're strikingly similar to Niemi's last season. Turco is the new starter, which would be fine if it was 2003.

Crawford may be the backup, or it may be Toivonen. They've had Crawford in Rockford, and in Norfolk for that, for what seems like a decade. If they were really sold on him, he would have been up long before now. He has looked decent in the few games he's played in with the big club, though.

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

This kinda reminds me of Keenan trading Joseph and signing Fuhr to be #1. Hope it doesn't work out as well. Fuhr did play his ass off for the Blues.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Leedog wrote:This kinda reminds me of Keenan trading Joseph and signing Fuhr to be #1. Hope it doesn't work out as well. Fuhr did play his ass off for the Blues.
Fuhr had some great years here.

Game 7 in Phoenix...awesome.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

According to Capgeek, they're actually saving almost 1.5 mil! Things are looking up!

:wink:

SIU LAW
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by SIU LAW »

Thank god (for the Hawks and their fans) that they won the Cup.

Can you imagine if all this went down and they didn’t win it all?

*** Now I understand that if they didn’t win the Cup, some of the bonuses would have been different and maybe their goalie doesn’t get as much in arbitration, but they were going to some players I believe.***

Though Turco has gone downhill, I don't think he will be the poor downgrade some believe he will be. The Hawks' depth issues look to be more damaging than their crease issues.

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Post by thedoc »

Hey Fuhr was good. Plus his McFarlane makes him look like Lando Calrissian? Calrassian? Calirisian? Damn it Billy Dee Williams, "Works Every time"

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

SIU LAW wrote:Thank god (for the Hawks and their fans) that they won the Cup.

Can you imagine if all this went down and they didn’t win it all?

*** Now I understand that if they didn’t win the Cup, some of the bonuses would have been different and maybe their goalie doesn’t get as much in arbitration, but they were going to some players I believe.***

Though Turco has gone downhill, I don't think he will be the poor downgrade some believe he will be. The Hawks' depth issues look to be more damaging than their crease issues.
They would be just as done if they hadn't won the cup. The top 6 contracts on their team would still be their top 6 contracts this season coming up any way you slice it.

They probably would've been able to keep Niemi + one or MAYBE two roster slots if they hadn't won the cup.

The Hawks brass took a HUGE risk is putting all their chips on the table this season. Damn them it paid off, but such is the risk they took. They sacrificed the immediate future for a cup. Personally I don't think that's a poor trade-off at all, it's just had the sobering effect on many Hawks fans. And suddenly worthless jerseys.

:jersey:
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

joosforjihad
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by joosforjihad »

Ruutu15 wrote:

Hopefully when you guys get better and finally ice a team worthy of winning the cup, your punk GM doesn't ruin the whole thing.
Don't worry, he will. But I won't care if we win the Cup.

I still think the Hawks have the best chance of winning the division next season. And losing in the first round. :hawkssuck:

Official sponsor of Andy McDonald's 401k

[joosforjihad] 8:05 pm: Will you spare my life when the robots take over?
[Dooger] 8:05 pm: I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.