Deploying to Pakistan

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Deploying to Pakistan

Post by Kreegz2 »

You guys might remember about a year ago when I posted a thread about joining the Marine Corps. Well I can say that the past year has definitely been the most interesting time of my life. I went through 6 months of hell in boot camp/School of Infantry and became an infantry assaultman, specializing in breaching doors/walls and firing the SMAW rocket launcher, and I finally got to my permanent duty station in Camp Lejeune NC in February. Since then we've been training hard for our deployment, so I've had almost no time to keep up with the Blues or the NHL. We were scheduled to go out on the 26th MEU in late September. We we're pretty much going to be floating around on ships in the Mediterranean for 7 months just waiting for shit to hit the fan in Europe or Africa.

Plans change all the time though, especially in the Marine Corps. With all the flooding going on in Pakistan, the 26th MEU has been called on to go to Pakistan and conduct humanitarian relief efforts. Our final training op was canceled, and we now have 13 days until we deploy. I'm pretty excited. I've been wanting to deploy before I even went to boot camp, and now that it's finally happening, I'm pretty stoked. The only downside is that because of such short notice, I won't be able to go home to see my friends/family before I deploy, which is a bummer. I'm also pissed that I won't be able to see any of this NHL season, which means I will effectively be missing 2 straight seasons, but we should get back in April/May. The blues better make the playoffs. I can't think of anything better than coming back from a deployment and being able to see the Blues in the playoffs.

So enjoy the season. If the Blues end up in the playoffs when I get back then I am definitely making a stop in St. Louis on post-deployment leave to see some games.

Here's a few pics from the training we've been doing.

2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Deploying to Pakistan

Post by Portland Blues »

Stay safe. Look forward to hearing how it went when you get back.

:okman:

stlbluz
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by stlbluz »

I wish you nothing but the best Kreegz, stay low & safe.

Having quite a few family & friends in the armed forces, I've got nothing but respect for the job you guys do.

:goblues:
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Good luck and stay safe!
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

Nayrb
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Nayrb »

Good luck!
excellent /\

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

yeah. good luck man.

SteveO
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by SteveO »

Be safe!

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Godspeed, Kreegz. :goblues:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Guppy
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Guppy »

Semper Fi

:okman:
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders

IllinoisBlue
Prospect
Prospect

Post by IllinoisBlue »

Watch your ass in Pakistan. Humanitarian mission or not, they don't really like Americans in the regions most affected by recent disasters.

Semper Fi!