Series Thread: Cards v Reds, Apr 22-24

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Series Thread: Cards v Reds, Apr 22-24

Post by DaDitka »

dmiles2186 wrote:Big series win for the Birds. And I know most of St. Lou doesn't like Brandon Phillips, but I love it. He's the best villain we've had in awhile.

Yes, he play the part quite well. The problem is it seems our 'booing' appears to help him perform.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

DaDitka wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:Big series win for the Birds. And I know most of St. Lou doesn't like Brandon Phillips, but I love it. He's the best villain we've had in awhile.

Yes, he play the part quite well. The problem is it seems our 'booing' appears to help him perform.
True, I'm not sure why Cardinals fans take it so personally. I liken this (as does Tim McKernan on his insidestl.com website post) to a WWE villain. As long as there is no harm (obviously last fall, the brawl, the end of Larue's career, etc. was overboard), it's kind of fun. People like Phillips thrive off of that, they're in the zone. The best 'bad guys' have always been that way. I read his tweets the other day and laughed, especially at the Lunchable one. It didn't stop me from posting a Facebook status about someone packing him a Lunchable for his trip back to Cincy, but it's good natured fun. He's a WWE Heel right now. He's Hulk Hogan switching to the NWO. It adds a layer to it all, makes it more interesting. And as long as we win, I don't care what Phillips' stats are.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Doesn't matter, at the end of the season Milwaukee will still be #1 in the NL central and the wild card is coming from another division anywho.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

It's nice to take the series, but as Scottie pointed out in the paper on Friday, we had a lot of success against the Reds last year, but they had a lot of success against the rest of their schedule and we did not. They'd more then happily let us win the season series if we're watching the playoffs again this year and they are playing into October.

It was a nice 2 out of 3, but it means very little at this point if we don't win the next series.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund