OBL killed

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Re: OBL killed

Post by Kreegz2 »

This happened literally while I was in the air on my way out of Afghanistan. It was such an amazing feeling knowing that I was finally going home and that Osama got shot in the (Franking) face at the same time. When they announced it on the plane we went absolutely clownshit. Amazing moment.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Kreegz2 wrote:This happened literally while I was in the air on my way out of Afghanistan. It was such an amazing feeling knowing that I was finally going home and that Osama got shot in the (Frank) face at the same time. When they announced it on the plane we went absolutely clownshit. Amazing moment.
Welcome home! Thanks for your service.

:okman:

Kreegz2
All-Star
All-Star

Post by Kreegz2 »

Portland Blues wrote:
Kreegz2 wrote:This happened literally while I was in the air on my way out of Afghanistan. It was such an amazing feeling knowing that I was finally going home and that Osama got shot in the (Frank) face at the same time. When they announced it on the plane we went absolutely clownshit. Amazing moment.

Thank you, I just can't wait to watch some hockey. I haven't seen a single game all season.
2015-2016 LGB sponsor of Robert Bortuzzo
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Kreegz2 wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:

Thank you, I just can't wait to watch some hockey. I haven't seen a single game all season.
Except for the fact the Blues are nowhere to be seen you're getting to tune in at the perfect time. Hopefully we'll all enjoy watching the Wings lose their next two games. :grin:

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Welcome home, and thank you! I can only imagine the scene on the plane, and I'm glad that you got the chance to experience the news in that manner.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Just to echo everyone else's thoughts here, but welcome home and we can never thank you guys enough.

In an effort to keep your spirits up, I suggest you ignore the 'Captain to be named soon?' thread :letsgoblues:

(J/K Northwest Dave)

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

glen a richter wrote:Fukk the assclown, I wish they'd put his goddam body on a goddam stake and made it open to public viewing/spitting on him/throwing shit at his rotting corpse. But this will do.

Waterboarding didn't do jackshit to lead to this, as Dave pointed out the timeline proves otherwise. But I guess there's some people who want to believe it did, so whatever.
I don't really like this attitude. We should not be brutes. I can definitely understand it but still I feel we all should be better than this... Just me though, nothing against you glen.

Also, welcome home Kreegz2, thanks.

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

Kreegz2 wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:

Welcome home...and thanks for your service. :okman: :thumbsup:

Enjoy the hockey!!
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

northwest dave
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue

Post by northwest dave »

DaDitka wrote:

Just to echo everyone else's thoughts here, but welcome home and we can never thank you guys enough.

In an effort to keep your spirits up, I suggest you ignore the 'Captain to be named soon?' thread :letsgoblues:

(J/K Northwest Dave)
What do you mean...it's the best thread evaarrr!
:lol:

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

Kreegz2 wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:

You didn't miss much...
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

I work with a guy who said, the following day, that he wished Bin Laden was still alive because he considered him an underdog and he always roots for the underdog.

It was at this moment that I lost all respect for my colleague. You all know I'm the biggest liberal in the house, but I still wanted Bin Laden dead, and I'm happy as a clam that his brains leaked out of his assholish little head. Let's get the rest of those mothereffers now, and then bring everyone home and cut off the middle east forever.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

Time for America to find a new enemy.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

The enemy is the same as it has been. The war was never about justBin Laden. His ideology lives on. I wish we could have shot that ideology in the head and dumped it in the ocean as well.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

glen a richter wrote:I work with a guy who said, the following day, that he wished Bin Laden was still alive because he considered him an underdog and he always roots for the underdog.

It was at this moment that I lost all respect for my colleague. You all know I'm the biggest liberal in the house, but I still wanted Bin Laden dead, and I'm happy as a clam that his brains leaked out of his assholish little head. Let's get the rest of those mothereffers now, and then bring everyone home and cut off the middle east forever.
Sounds like your buddy and Rashard Mendenhall would get along just fine.

That guy is a piece of trash. My opinion.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
glen a richter wrote:I work with a guy who said, the following day, that he wished Bin Laden was still alive because he considered him an underdog and he always roots for the underdog.

Sounds like your buddy and Rashard Mendenhall would get along just fine.

That guy is a piece of trash. My opinion.
You're right about everything except calling him my buddy. I totally have no respect for this guy anymore. I find his comments to be completely repulsive and I think he should just haul his ass on over to the middle east if he wants to praise that motherfucker. Let me be clear about this, I know that 9/11 affected everyone in America deeply, but being an elitist new york prick, it affected me a huge deal more than anyone of you. I don't say that to be disrespectful, but simply because it happened in my backyard.

I would pass along two stories:

1) when I was younger, my father and I would go fishing on the boat a lot of times and when the fish weren't biting, we'd go more inland into the state boat channel, from which you could very easily see the Twin Towers even though we were talking about 30-40 miles away. I used to comment "How can we see them if they're so far away?" and my father would tell me that it was because they were the tallest, most majestic buildings in the world.

2) My sister would go into the city and she always wanted to go up to the observation deck. She told my brother in law, when my nephew was 2, that he was too young to appreciate it, and that "It's not like they won't be here in a few years when he's older". My niece was born 10 days before 9/11 and she has never known a world free of the constant threat of terror. Neither my nephew or my niece will ever go on the observation deck because of that douchebag Bin Laden.

May his rotting corpse burn in hell forever and may his 72 virgins have pocket protectors and penises.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

Thank you for your service. We're delighted you're coming home! :okman:

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

More importantly, how will the Bin Laden area be remembered?
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

Leedog wrote:More importantly, how will the Bin Laden area be remembered?
Nice one.

:lol:

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

I still vividly remember Sept. 11, 2001.
I was driving to work in the morning when I heard on KMOX that a plane had hit the WTC. I thought a little Sesna or something had clipped the building or something..maybe some broken windows and maybe the pilot had perished.
But then I got to work and saw it on my boss' tv.
Woah.
I went into my office, jumped online and tried to find out what I could. Everyone on the forum was talking about it.
It was the old established 1967 dot com days and everyone was reporting what they were hearing/seeing. Tons of news/rumors on the forum.
Crazy.
I got nothing done at work that day. Too busy trying to get on to cnn.com (which wasn't loading due to server overload) and find out news online and on the radio.
I left work early to get gas (I actually needed gas and planned on getting it after work), but I left early because I heard gas prices were going to shoot up...and when I got there the gas line was 20 cars long...and the price jumped up twice while I was in line.

After I got home, I spent the night watching coverage and video from the different news outlets....hearing the projected death numbers roll in and get higher and higher and higher.

Truly unreal.

Very emotional day.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

I was living and working in Japan at the time (hence the username :wink: ) and I got a call from a buddy around 2 in the morning, telling me to turn on the TV. My Japanese wasn't perfect, but with with all the pictures and video footage, it was pretty easy to tell what was going on. A life-changing event, without a doubt.