Series Thread: Cards v Giants, May 30-June 2

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Series Thread: Cards v Giants, May 30-June 2

Post by dmiles2186 »

Game 1 was crap. I was in attendance for my first game in almost two years. McClellan didn't have it. Apparently he hurt himself and fought through it for four innings.

Game 2 is tonight at 6 on ESPN/FSMW.

Game 3 and 4 are on Wed and Thurs, both at 7:15 and both on FSMW.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Series Thread: Cards v Giants, May 30-June 2

Post by cardsfan04 »

Great win tonight. After losing the first 4 or 5 games I went to this year, we've wont the last 3 or 4. And, tonight was, by far, the best atmosphere of any game all year, except for opening day which doesn't count.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Showed some grit last night, but only getting 5 innings out of Carp is only going to further tax this bullpen with Saturday looming soon as it is. We really need a solid 7 or 8 out of a starter here real soon.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

DaDitka wrote:Showed some grit last night, but only getting 5 innings out of Carp is only going to further tax this bullpen with Saturday looming soon as it is. We really need a solid 7 or 8 out of a starter here real soon.

Yeah, but it won't be for Saturday. They announced today that Lance Lynn is starting tomorrow night. That should give Lohse/Garcia an extra day of rest, which should allow them to go deep. And Westbrook has traditionally been an innings eater, so they could use 7IP from him tonight.

I really like bringing Lynn up tomorrow instead of Saturday. If Westbrook has a short outing tonight, it will create a struggle. But, this lets Lynn pitch against the Giants who struggle to score runs instead of against the Cubs, where he would be on national TV in a rivalry game on Saturday.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

cardsfan04 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:Showed some grit last night, but only getting 5 innings out of Carp is only going to further tax this bullpen with Saturday looming soon as it is. We really need a solid 7 or 8 out of a starter here real soon.

Yeah, but it won't be for Saturday. They announced today that Lance Lynn is starting tomorrow night. That should give Lohse/Garcia an extra day of rest, which should allow them to go deep. And Westbrook has traditionally been an innings eater, so they could use 7IP from him tonight.

I really like bringing Lynn up tomorrow instead of Saturday. If Westbrook has a short outing tonight, it will create a struggle. But, this lets Lynn pitch against the Giants who struggle to score runs instead of against the Cubs, where he would be on national TV in a rivalry game on Saturday.
Yeah, I read that this morning and think it's a good call.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

cardsfan04 wrote:

Yeah, I read that this morning and think it's a good call.