Series Thread: Cards v Cubs

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Series Thread: Cards v Cubs

Post by dmiles2186 »

Games 1 and 2 go to the Birds. Pujols just hit a walkoff. Been away for most of the last few days. Sorry I hadn't started a thread any time sooner. Good to see them take the series. Now, for the sweep.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Series Thread: Cards v Cubs

Post by cardsfan04 »

I was offered free box seats 90 mins before game time. That worked out pretty well lol.

Random thoughts:

- Pujols MIGHT be turning the corner. I thought that before today, but today really makes me think he is.

- Miller pissed me off by not being at first, but I guess it wasn't a typical cover the bag situation.

- Carpenter impressed me. I loved that he sprinted on and off the field each inning. And, made all of his plays look routine. It's way too early to pencil him in, but I'm interested if he can play short.

- Batista must have sold his jersey to somebody kinda like Franklin did on Tuesday. That was definitely his best appearance this year. It might have been the best single appearance by anybody in the bullpen all year.

- I'm a little worried that Lohse is hurt. It's a little unnerving how quickly he fell apart. Might just be a bad inning though.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

Albert reminding us why he's the best player in baseball. I'd like to thank Marty Brenaman for making his Votto>Pujols comments. Probably just a coincidence on the timing, but I'd like to thank the jackass anyway.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

A lot of doubters for Pujols right now. Good to see him busting out. And overall, this was a fun series. Definitely what was needed after the San Fran series. Theriot with the HUGE hit in the 9th with 2 strikes against him. Extended his hitting streak, tied the game, and at the time, put him in scoring position to win the game. His hit (and Yadi's before that) are what allowed Pujols' heroics to happen.

I was talking with someone on Facebook today who is also a Cardinals fan. This team is probably the most fun I've had following the Cards since the '04-'05 team. And not just because they win. This team seems to have good chemistry, character, and overall likability. They are never out of a game either. On top of that, you've got some flamethrowers out of the 'pen. The lack of a set closer in concerning but that's alright. We won our last World Series with a hurt/broke down/ineffective Izzy replaced by a rookie named Waino.

It's a long season, but I would have turned off this game last year, because they just quit on so many of those games. But even though I thought the game was in tough shape after Rasmus pinch hit and K'd in the 9th, I knew there was a possibility for something good to happen.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

I was there yesterday and am still wondering why the hell they pitched to Albert.

I thought it was priceless the way they played the Jaws music as Albert come up to bat and then as if it were scripted....Albert went YARD!

It was pretty cool to be there and sweep the Cubs, I know they suck and the rivalry is more 'hype' then anything else right now, but it still felt good.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund