Series Thread: Cards @ Brewers, June 10-12

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Series Thread: Cards @ Brewers, June 10-12

Post by dmiles2186 »

Game 1: Friday @ 7:10, FSMW
Game 2: Sat @ 6:10, FSMW
Game 3: Sun @ 1:10, FSMW

I will be in attendance for tomorrow's game. Pumped up. I know none of you know what I look like, but look for me on TV. :grin:

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Series Thread: Cards @ Brewers, June 10-12

Post by abc789987 »

dmiles2186 wrote:Game 1: Friday @ 7:10, FSMW

I will be in attendance for tomorrow's game. Pumped up. I know none of you know what I look like, but look for me on TV. :grin:
Wait, that's not really you in your avatar? :aaaa:

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

abc789987 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:Game 1: Friday @ 7:10, FSMW

Wait, that's not really you in your avatar? :aaaa:
I do dress up as Gordon Bombay from time to time, but you are right, that is not me in my avatar.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Well, that was a crappy series.

Visiting Miller Park was cool though. The tailgating atmosphere prior to the game was really cool. I didn't tailgate, but as you walk up to the stadium through rows of cars, there are people tailgating everywhere. It was a bit weird watching a baseball game indoors. I felt like I was at a hockey game, it was still a bit cool (it was 55 degrees in Milwaukee on Saturday night) inside.

Brewers fans weren't too bad. I'd heard they were more obnoxious than Cubs fans because they've been drinking longer. I could see that, but no one was really bad to me as a Cardinals fan.

However, as we were walking out after the game, I had a drunk dude start shouting in my ear, "BREWWWWWWEEEERRRRS!" He kept getting louder and louder until I finally turned around to acknowledge him. The conversation went like this:

Brewers fan: BRREWWWWWEEERRRRS
Me: I can hear you.
BF: We took the series!
Me: You did, and you'll probably finish the sweep tomorrow.
BF: How about that, into first place!
Me: And then this place can go back to being half empty until you make the playoffs.

The Brewers fan went on about the game and beating the Cardinals and said something about a World Series.

Me: By the way, when was the last time your team won a World Series. Never, right?
BF: No...but I don't care, man.
Me: REALLY?! You don't care that your team has never won a Championship? (My sister in law said I sounded like Seth and Amy on SNL with their "REALLY?!" segment)
BF: When was the last time your team won the Series?
Me: 5 years ago.
BF: (No response)
Me: When was the last time you were even in the World Series? Oh, 1982...and we beat you.
BF: (Pause)....I got nothing, man.

And that was that. I hated to go all Red Wings fan on him, but he ventured into the World Series territory. It was a little bit more light hearted than it reads typed out. It was pretty playful, but still...

My wife thought I was dumb since we were in a crowd of Brewers fans with a few Cardinals fans mixed in but it was fine. I told my wife that I wouldn't let the situation get out of hand and would have walked away. Not sure I'll go back, but it was fun to see Miller Park. I had never been an "opposing fan" when my team was playing. I kind of enjoyed it...haha. And there were several patches of red throughout the stadium too. Cards well represented up north.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

heh, that exchange is pretty awesome.

Very frustrating series. I obviously would not have chosen for this to happen if I had a choice, but this might not be all bad. While it would be hugely inaccurate to say we haven't faced adversity, most of the adversity we have faced is injuries. We've almost always had somebody come through, overachieving, to pick others up. While that's the sign of a good team, it might be good for them to have to get through a stretch where they aren't picking each other up. Could build some character. Of course, this is nothing more than silver lining.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen