All This Women's World Cup Stuff

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

All This Women's World Cup Stuff

Post by dmiles2186 »

Must be killing glen a ricther right about now. Not only is it soccer (!!) but it's women's soccer (!!!!!!!!!!) getting all the press. It's inescapable. :grin:

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: All This Women's World Cup Stuff

Post by DaDitka »

dmiles2186 wrote:Must be killing glen a ricther right about now. Not only is it soccer (!!) but it's women's soccer (!!!!!!!!!!) getting all the press. It's inescapable. :grin:

Could you imagine if they would have won?

They would have pimped the hell out of Solo and Morgan (not they they aren't trying anyways).

Funny how many people are running around here (St. Louis) talking about Solo and never even realized she played here (for a short while).

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Yep, this team kind of reminds me of the '02 US Men's team. I remember seeing Landy-cakes on Letterman and all over the place. And if I remember correctly, the MLS has a brief resurgence in numbers before leveling off again. It sounds like a WPS match is sold out this weekend. Solo, Wambach, Morgan, and Rapinoe will be the breakouts of this in terms of national presence kind of like Hamm, Foudy, Chastain, etc. were after '99.

I always wanted to go see the Athletica and I never got the chance. I went to the first home game for AC St. Louis and wanted to buy tickets for Athletica but never made it over. Was a shame. Like you said, Solo played her club ball there for a year and a half. So did a couple other USMNT members. Pretty cool. Hope St. Louis gets both a men's and women's team back, this time with competent management.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

*YAWN* who gives a shit?
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

So I know not everyone here like soccer, to each there own. I know how many of you feel about women's sports too, but I just got home two weeks ago from watching the Women's World Cup in Germany. The games were unbelievable and it's amazing to see the skill of those girls live.
*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

All I know is... Han and Leia need to have more kids.
Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

WaukeeBlues wrote:All I know is... Han and Leia need to have more kids.
:facepalm: Are you serious??? If she walked by you in your local bar, you wouldn't even look up from your wine cooler. Stop it.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

F Keenan wrote:So I know not everyone here like soccer, to each there own. I know how many of you feel about women's sports too, but I just got home two weeks ago from watching the Women's World Cup in Germany. The games were unbelievable and it's amazing to see the skill of those girls live.
I will be honest, I always pulled for the ladies but never as much as then men. That changed this year. In all other women's sports, the level of competition is so much lower than men that it's hard for me to pay attention. But soccer the skill level isn't all that much different. Yes, the men's game is much superior, but there isn't as much of a drop off as there is with, say, basketball.

This was one heckuva tournament. At least give it that, glenny.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Late to the party, but I thought it was great. I was glued to the TV for all of the matches. I've always liked soccer a lot, especially the Euro tournament and WC. I came away from this enjoying it a lot more than the men's games in some regards. There's not nearly the amount of flopping in the women's game. You don't have to watch guys like Ronaldo being hit by a sniper 5 times a game.

Excellent tournament. It's a shame that some people are so closed-minded about some things, but that's their loss. I love competing and watching competition...if there's a scoreboard involved, I'll watch it (except golf). The WWC was outstanding drama and competition all around.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

dmiles2186 wrote:
F Keenan wrote:So I know not everyone here like soccer, to each there own. I know how many of you feel about women's sports too, but I just got home two weeks ago from watching the Women's World Cup in Germany. The games were unbelievable and it's amazing to see the skill of those girls live.
I will be honest, I always pulled for the ladies but never as much as then men. That changed this year. In all other women's sports, the level of competition is so much lower than men that it's hard for me to pay attention. But soccer the skill level isn't all that much different. Yes, the men's game is much superior, but there isn't as much of a drop off as there is with, say, basketball.

What I notices the biggest difference is was the passing. The men look like Adam Oates out there they way they pass with precision, many of the ladies passes reminded me of Jackman handling the puck in his own end.

Yes, there were exceptions, and overall it was great, I'm just noting what stuck out the most to me as far as 'different' form the men's game.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

dmiles2186 wrote:

The best part is it's over. There's no place in the world for a sport as stupid and mind-numbingly boring as soccer. I'd rather watch semi-professional backgammon.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

glen a richter wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:

The best part is it's over. There's no place in the world for a sport as stupid and mind-numbingly boring as soccer. I'd rather watch semi-professional backgammon.
I'll take it over that "March Madness" bullshite.

WaukeeBlues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by WaukeeBlues »

F Keenan wrote:
:facepalm: Are you serious??? If she walked by you in your local bar, you wouldn't even look up from your wine cooler. Stop it.
:lol: :lol:

You're telling me you WOULDN'T tap that in a heartbeat?! Are YOU serious?!

Official 2021-2022 LGB Sponsor of Torey Krug
Official 2021 LGB Sponsor of Brayden Schenn
Official 2018-2019 LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz
2018 LGB Playoff Challenge Champ
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

WaukeeBlues wrote:
F Keenan wrote:
:lol: :lol:

You're telling me you WOULDN'T tap that in a heartbeat?! Are YOU serious?!

So I know I'm a little late to reply here, but no Aode, I wouldn't. Nice touched up pic you found though.

Try this.

I wouldn't (Frank) that if I was a lesbian with moles all over my face.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Dude, are you serious? You wouldn't beat that? :lol:

Of course she looks bad there, she's in the middle of an intense game.

If you smacked her ass you'd break your hand!

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

Ruutu15 wrote:Dude, are you serious? You wouldn't beat that? :lol:

Of course she looks bad there, she's in the middle of an intense game.

If you smacked her ass you'd break your hand!
I follow women's soccer very closely. I was at the world cup in Germany. I've seen this mess in person. No, I wouldn't.

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

Fair enough. I still think she's hot, and definitely as hot (or hotter for sure) than any random slam piece you're gonna find on a saturday night at the bar. :lol:

F Keenan
All-Star
All-Star

Post by F Keenan »

Ruutu15 wrote:Fair enough. I still think she's hot, and definitely as hot (or hotter for sure) than any random slam piece you're gonna find on a saturday night at the bar. :lol:
You should get out of Cincy. :P

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

F Keenan wrote:
Ruutu15 wrote:Fair enough. I still think she's hot, and definitely as hot (or hotter for sure) than any random slam piece you're gonna find on a saturday night at the bar. :lol:
You should get out of Cincy. :P
That's for damn sure... :lol: