To all "Guitar guys" out there...

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

deadphish
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: To all "Guitar guys" out there...

Post by deadphish »

ass-whole
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

I've wondered about picking up the guitar...I really want to learn acoustic. I used to be into playing music (through school band, but still...) and it's been 7 years since I've played any instrument consistently. I'm really wanting to learn how to play the acoustic guitar, and I have for a few years. I'm the type of person that wants to do something and then once I have access to it, I lose interest just about as quickly. Any tips, suggestions? If I were to look for a guitar, I'd want something cheap. Any ideas there?

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

I'm not very good at all, but a Gibson Explorer thorough an amp with high distortion masks that. :lol:

In all seriousness, a thousand notes per second doesn't do much for me, even though Michael Schenker is one of my favs. Simple is better sometimes.

ViPeRx007
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by ViPeRx007 »

Since we've unearthed this thread I thought I'd throw this one on there. This guy isn't as good as me, but he's the closest I could find:

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

....just to start.
2015-2016 Official LGB Sponsor of Jaden Schwartz (IR) & The Hockey Gods
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Three words: Paco de Lucia (that means "from Lucia") Image
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Leedog
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Leedog »

BTW Tommy Emmanuel will be in STL this Tuesday at the Sheldon. Must see TV.
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

dmiles2186 wrote:I've wondered about picking up the guitar...I really want to learn acoustic. I used to be into playing music (through school band, but still...) and it's been 7 years since I've played any instrument consistently. I'm really wanting to learn how to play the acoustic guitar, and I have for a few years. I'm the type of person that wants to do something and then once I have access to it, I lose interest just about as quickly. Any tips, suggestions? If I were to look for a guitar, I'd want something cheap. Any ideas there?
You could look for a cheap guitar on craigslist and pick up some Mel Bay books. Give it a shot, and if you don't like it, then you could probably sell the guitar for about what you paid for it. And if you like it, you could take some lessons and move up to a better guitar.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now