Spagnuolo

Discuss the latest video games, other sports, entertainment, movies, and any [OT] stuff.

Moderator: LGB Mods

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Spagnuolo

Post by Ruutu15 »

I'm not the type to call for a coach's head often, but if I owned the Rams, Spagnuolo would have been fired immediately after the game today. Were expectations too much for this Rams team this year? Maybe. Is the early schedule too much? Maybe. But it's not that they're losing games, it's the way they're losing them. I heard Spagnuolo in the post game saying that they game planned for Ray Rice to carry the load for Baltimore in the first half...fine, but change the damned game plan when it's clearly not working. It was clear that he was lost at that point. We were led to believe that Pat Shurmur was the reason for a stagnant offense last season, but he's not doing so bad in Cleveland. I love the McDaniels hire, but Spagnuolo seems to think that you can score 13 points in a game and win with defense...doesn't work in today's NFL.

So many penalties. I don't want to hear about the lack of training camp, because every team in the league had the same schedule for that. The penalties are a reflection of the coaching staff.

Detroit and Buffalo were every bit as bad as the Rams were 3 years ago when Spagnuolo was hired, and they're both leading monster divisions. This team is getting worse. Again, not even so much the losses, it's the WAY they're losing games.

To quote someone from a Rams message board, "The only difference between Linehan and Spagnuolo is the spelling". Spags is a good guy, no question, but he's not a head coach.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Spagnuolo

Post by DaDitka »

Ruutu15 wrote: To quote someone from a Rams message board, "The only difference between Linehan and Spagnuolo is the spelling". Spags is a good guy, no question, but he's not a head coach.
Yeah, I think he' in big trouble. I know many fans expected to loose these first three, but not as ugly or with such undisciplined play.

The good news is that with a Franchise quarterback and a billionaire owner, you may be able to draw on of the big three (Fisher, Cower, or Gruden) .......I think Fisher is the most likely candidate of those three.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

Ruutu15 wrote:So many penalties. I don't want to hear about the lack of training camp, because every team in the league had the same schedule for that. The penalties are a reflection of the coaching staff.
My dad and I were harping on the TV announcers for constantly belaboring that point yesterday. Any time the Rams made a mistake they would mention the lack of time. So it affects the 0-3 teams but not the 3-0 teams?

I like Spags, he seems to have a bit more of a clue than Linehan did. The difference between Spags and Linehan is that at least under Spage and Devaney, the Rams have drafted solid players. They are building depth but it's not quite there yet. Linehan completely destroyed any depth that they had. Linehan cut Ryan Fitzpatrick to keep Brock Berlin. He also cut Madison Hedgecock, who immediately latched on to the Giants, went to the Pro Bowl, if memory serves correct, and won a Super Bowl with them.

The schedule is rough, and it's a long season. But the Rams can turn this thing around. They may not make the playoffs, but from here on out, I'm watching to see if they improve and make a push like the 49ers did last year after starting 0-4 or 0-5, whatever it was.

The Rams didn't even look like they belonged yesterday. Losing is one thing but losing in that fashion is another. But it's not time to give up. It is a long season. The NFC West sucks so you never know how that will shake out.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

I expected a rough start, but it has definitely been frustrating how many penalties and otherwise stupid mistakes have been made. I don't think his "honeymoon period" is quite over yet, but he certainly deserves criticism based on the lack of discipline.

I wouldn't fire him yet though. Overall, things are going in the right direction. Draft has been good. There is a new offense (that should be good once settled) that is still in the learning curve stage. And, there have been a ton of injuries.

If the Rams miss the playoffs next year, barring some extraordinary unforeseen circumstance, I think he should be fired then. TBH, I can't even think of an example of a circumstance that should bring him reprieve barring Bradford and Jackson and a few other major injuries.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Buffalo will come down to earth, but Detroit... look out. They have a great team there, and they're young. Stafford is looking like a guy I'd want on my fantasy team next season.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

glen a richter wrote: Stafford is looking like a guy I'd want on my fantasy team next season.

You better draft a good back up to play the other half of the season.

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Ruutu15
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Post by Ruutu15 »

DaDitka wrote:
glen a richter wrote: Stafford is looking like a guy I'd want on my fantasy team next season.

You better draft a good back up to play the other half of the season.
I drafted him in the 6th rd of my draft, (Vick first QB, even though I hate the bastard). Like an idiot, I dropped Stafford after week 2. :doh: