Introduce Yourself

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Introduce Yourself

Post by cprice12 »

This thread was suggested so new members could say hey.

Just introduce yourself and give us some background on how you became a fan, or whatever.

:letsgoblues:
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

CincyBlue
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by CincyBlue »

I've been around here for a while but haven't posted much, so I'm not really sure if that qualifies me as new. I signed up and then promptly spent that last few years running all over the country in a truck. Got to catch a couple home games on weekend layovers in St. Louis and had DirecTV with Center Ice in the truck. So now I'm home just dispatching my other trucks and able to have more of a normal life.

I grew up in Cincinnati rooting for the Stingers of the now defunct WHA. When the WHA closed up shop, some of the teams were moved into the NHL, but we weren't that lucky. I figured then that I had to find someone to root for and when the Cincinnati goalie, Mike Liut, ended up with the Blues, that settled it. Been a fan ever since.

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

I'm Aaron, friends call me APOD
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash ... 9905_n.jpg
Been a blues have for very long time.

Parents are from Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada so hockey runs in the family.

Live a Lebanon, MO

Couple cool facts,
Great uncle played for the NHL california golden seals, and some WHL teams.

My cousin Mike Glumac played for the blues for a few games and had a good AHL career with the riverman and the bulldogs, he currently plays overseas for the DEL Adler Mannheim.

Maybe this little guy will be the next in nhl :okman:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc ... 0073_n.jpg
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash ... 5960_n.jpg
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor or Brian Elliott
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald

ajmchief1
Prospect
Prospect

Post by ajmchief1 »

Blues fan since our worst recent season, 05-06. I have known about this board since then. Always read it and posted a little. My username was discontinued or something. I basically study the NHL all day this season. It has been quite the interesting season. I have been going to Blues games with quite frequency since I became a fan.

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

APOD wrote:My cousin Mike Glumac played for the blues for a few games and had a good AHL career with the riverman and the bulldogs, he currently plays overseas for the DEL Adler Mannheim.
Mike Glumac? Remember him well from some of hose pretty awful Blues teams a few years ago.

Welcome to the board, everybody!

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

APOD
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Post by APOD »

Yep, some rough years indeed.
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor or Brian Elliott
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald

Jaykay
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Jaykay »

Hello everyone!

I think is now 10 years ago, that I used to post here under the nickname swissblue, obviousely I'm not anymore :P

Anyway, my name is simon, i'm from Biel, Switzerland, and am a pretty long-time blues fan. well, if you can say blues fan, since i can't visit any games at all. today, luckily i use to watch the games with nhl center ice, and am more of a reader of this forum than a poster.

I once visited St. Louis when they won the presidents trophy (the last time :D), and I even was in the stadium when they got it handed over, also I still have that official t-shirt. My "tourist-guide" was Marco Athie, maybe some of you know him, maybe not. any, today i still say this one little week was one of my best vacation time i every had, and i still tell friends about it. if i remember correctly, i think that i met some other people from the forum here, one guy was call zack, and another was blueline29.

anyway, as i mentioned, i live in biel, switzerland. my hometown-club is ehc biel (http://www.ehcb.ch), and we had a really great year. although we lost in the 1st round of the play-offs, we are the only ones besides the future swiss-champion, which can say that the season was a success. there are 12 teams in the leage 1-8 seeds are in the playoffs and 9-12 play the play-outs. the winner of those play-outs (actually the loser, since it's kind of inversed play-offs) has to play a relegation-series against the winner of the 2nd highest swiss-league. the winner of the series will play in the highest swiss league the next year - the loser is relegated.
the last 3 years my hometown-team always had to play this relegation-series. at the start of the season "all experts" thought that we again will be playing the play-outs. we got into the play-offs, yay!
Probably some "known" players are and were: Sebastien Bordelau (who actually retired a weekd or two ago), and Reto Berra, who apparently was drafted by St.Louis once. Berra also actually was the reason why we made the PO's.

Personally, I turn 34 in May, and moved back to biel a year ago, where I grew up. I also play beer-league hockey my-self (http://www.teamcannabis.ch)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask ;)

If not, i think I'll rather be the reader again, than the poster :P

have a nice day everyone :)

greetings, simon
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Paul Stastny

Winning Unlimited
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by Winning Unlimited »

APOD wrote:I'm Aaron, friends call me APOD
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash ... 9905_n.jpg
Been a blues have for very long time.

Parents are from Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada so hockey runs in the family.

Live a Lebanon, MO

Couple cool facts,
Great uncle played for the NHL california golden seals, and some WHL teams.

My cousin Mike Glumac played for the blues for a few games and had a good AHL career with the riverman and the bulldogs, he currently plays overseas for the DEL Adler Mannheim.

Maybe this little guy will be the next in nhl :okman:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc ... 0073_n.jpg
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash ... 5960_n.jpg
Adorable! Who signed the puck?

sparty09
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by sparty09 »

Hello, all,

I guess that you could say that I'm somewhat of a recent fan of the club. I'm 24 and I lived in Missouri for the first 15 years of my life (first 5 in St. Charles and then in Columbia). Everyone in my family, including me, is a huge Cardinals fan, but my grandparents are the only ones who have really rooted for the Blues. My grandmother is in a home now and is pretty senile, but my grandfather still watches every game on TV. They used to watch together, but now he just watches by himself. I don't know how long they have watched this team, but it's been going on for as long as I've been alive. My grandfather has seen every up and down for more than 2 decades and, corny as it sounds, I want them to win the cup for him more than anything because he's been waiting for decades. As for me, I've always supported the team, but never really became a big fan until the beginning of the 09-10 season, when I attended Illinois and could finally watch every game. I don't know that I have any favorite players or anything because I was a casual fan until fairly recently, but I'm glad that I decided to give this sport a shot. I remember watching the Blues lose to the Sharks in 2000, remember when then blew up the old arena, and I am very much looking forward to the day that the Blues don't shit themselves in the playoffs and the win the cup (or even a game in the finals would be nice). Anyways, that's my story.

big d note
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by big d note »

Jaykay wrote:Hello everyone!

I think is now 10 years ago, that I used to post here under the nickname swissblue, obviousely I'm not anymore :P
Welcome back Simon! I didn't realize that was you posting under another name.
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now

Jolo
Prospect
Prospect

Post by Jolo »

Hi, swedish bluesfan since ´93. Mostly thanks to Shanahan and our beautiful logo. Back then I was limited to news in a swedish NHL-magazine (THN wasn´t available in the small town where I´m from). So about every two months I could see the statistics about Janney, Hull, Miller and the others. Found Let´s Go Blues when the forum on the official homepage was closed.

Trivia about me:
#1 My first search on the internet in 1995 was on St Louis Blues.
#2 Bought my only bluesjersey in 1994 with #19 Shanahan on the back. Three weeks later Shanahan had been traded for Pronger and the design on the jersey was changed...

abc789987
All-Star
All-Star

Post by abc789987 »

sparty09 wrote:Hello, all,

I guess that you could say that I'm somewhat of a recent fan of the club. I'm 24 and I lived in Missouri for the first 15 years of my life (first 5 in St. Charles and then in Columbia). Everyone in my family, including me, is a huge Cardinals fan, but my grandparents are the only ones who have really rooted for the Blues. My grandmother is in a home now and is pretty senile, but my grandfather still watches every game on TV. They used to watch together, but now he just watches by himself. I don't know how long they have watched this team, but it's been going on for as long as I've been alive. My grandfather has seen every up and down for more than 2 decades and, corny as it sounds, I want them to win the cup for him more than anything because he's been waiting for decades. As for me, I've always supported the team, but never really became a big fan until the beginning of the 09-10 season, when I attended Illinois and could finally watch every game. I don't know that I have any favorite players or anything because I was a casual fan until fairly recently, but I'm glad that I decided to give this sport a shot. I remember watching the Blues lose to the Sharks in 2000, remember when then blew up the old arena, and I am very much looking forward to the day that the Blues don't shit themselves in the playoffs and the win the cup (or even a game in the finals would be nice). Anyways, that's my story.
That's a great story about your grandparents.

And I too remember them blowing up the old barn very clearly. Just got my license, was driving to friends place to play poker, listening to the demolition on the radio. Then I got pulled over for driving 80 in a 55.. Ahh good memories. :lol: :lol:

Anyways, welcome all!

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

abc789987 wrote:That's a great story about your grandparents.

And I too remember them blowing up the old barn very clearly. Just got my license, was driving to friends place to play poker, listening to the demolition on the radio. Then I got pulled over for driving 80 in a 55.. Ahh good memories. :lol: :lol:

Anyways, welcome all!
Ahh...the Arena demolition.
I went to a lot of games in the old barn. Good memories.
[youtube][/youtube]
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

TxBlue
Prospect
Prospect

Post by TxBlue »

TxBlue:

I live near Dallas now, hence the nickname. I grew up in Wentzville, MO. I have been a Blues fan since the beginning. I actually remember when they announced the name that I thought it was the worse name. But I have come to genuinely think it is a great name.

Frank St. Marseille was my favorite Blue in the early days.

sparty09
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by sparty09 »

abc789987 wrote:
sparty09 wrote:Hello, all,

That's a great story about your grandparents.

Anyways, welcome all!
Yeah, we never understood why they watched the Blues religiously when everybody else watched baseball, but now I understand. And I didn't mention that I actually saw the demolition on TV. I was watching at a restaurant at the time. I didn't really understand the significance of it, but I definitely saw it.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

Hello to the newbies. 8)
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

philco_3
All-Star
All-Star

Post by philco_3 »

goon attack wrote:Hello to the newbies. 8)
Who the (Frank) is this? I would have expected a "Hello to the pansies" or something like that. :lol:
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.

Berglund21
Prospect
Prospect

Newbie!!

Post by Berglund21 »

Grew up in upstate New York- Hockey was THEEE Sport where I am from.
LOVE the blues- have no interest in the Rams- some interest in the Cards-
Love going to games- but have only been to a couple- :cry:

One interesting fact is that I got hit with a puck about 10 years ago at a Blues Home Game- we were playing Chicago!
Still have the puck- but thankfully not the bruise any more!!
Favorite Player: Patrik Berglund :lol:

PGABluesFan
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Re: Newbie!!

Post by PGABluesFan »

Welcome!

FYI, during games, Flashchat is where all the cool kids hang out.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Newbie!!

Post by goon attack »

sup
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller