Message Board

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

Hallplante
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Message Board

Post by Hallplante »

During tonight's (Thursday) game, message board posted "This Date in Blues History." Unless my eyes deceived me, it said that on April 14, 1981, Mike Crombeen scored the winner for a 4-3 win to help the Blues advance TO the playoffs.

It did not say advance IN the playoffs or win a playoff series. Advance TO the playoffs.

Such a poor choice of words. That's like saying David Freese hit a HR last October to give the Cardinals a lead over the Rangers.

Not the first time I've seen the message board display inaccurate or misleading information about Blues history.

thedoc
All-Star
All-Star

Re: Message Board

Post by thedoc »

Yes, but unfortunately there are people on this message board that think your actual name is Hall Plante. This should not be a big surprise to you. PS the bobble heads look great in my man cave. Thanks a bunch.

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya

Hallplante
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Post by Hallplante »

Saturday night, message board listed Blues scratches including Ryan "Reeves." Also praised Shattenkirk for career high shots on goal in Game 1 with no mention of how many shots.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Per JR tweet:

Hitchcock's comment after the game: "Boys will be boys. You found out, don't open the Roman Polak door. Don't ever open that door."

That was a (Franking) thing of beauty. What was done needed to be done. A message has been sent. The only message the Sharks sent was "holy (Frank) what did we just get ourselves into?"

:letsgoblues:
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.