Breakdown of Galiardi's Hit on McDonald

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Breakdown of Galiardi's Hit on McDonald

Post by cprice12 »

theohall wrote:
goon attack wrote:...to maybe a panel of 3-5 people that the intent was there. If you can get a consensus, then dole out the punishment under black and white guidelines. Problem solved.

Perhaps there should be an anonymous panel that rotates. That way it won't be the same people all the time. Try to make it fair that way.
A 3 person minimum panel has been one of my arguments all along. The decisions should not be in the hands of one person. Any time there is a single person, the appearance of bias will be a factor. The fact not one single incident involving a hit to the head of a Blues player has been reviewed makes one wonder wtf Shanahan has against St Louis. It may not be true, but it has the appearance of bias. The same problem existed for Campbell with his son playing for the Bruins. If they make it at least a 3-person panel, the issue of bias goes away pretty damn quick.
I would be willing to bet there is a panel of some sort. But Shanny is the head of the operation.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

cprice12 wrote:
theohall wrote:
goon attack wrote:...to maybe a panel of 3-5 people that the intent was there. If you can get a consensus, then dole out the punishment under black and white guidelines. Problem solved.

Perhaps there should be an anonymous panel that rotates. That way it won't be the same people all the time. Try to make it fair that way.
A 3 person minimum panel has been one of my arguments all along. The decisions should not be in the hands of one person. Any time there is a single person, the appearance of bias will be a factor. The fact not one single incident involving a hit to the head of a Blues player has been reviewed makes one wonder wtf Shanahan has against St Louis. It may not be true, but it has the appearance of bias. The same problem existed for Campbell with his son playing for the Bruins. If they make it at least a 3-person panel, the issue of bias goes away pretty damn quick.
I would be willing to bet there is a panel of some sort. But Shanny is the head of the operation.
Who are the others? Kirk Maltby, Darren McCarty and Kris Draper?
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

There is a panel.

Also, how in the hell was the McDonald crosscheck into the boards last night not a penalty?

I've seen less dangerous plays than that result in match penalties and suspensions.

That was some cheap crap.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

This Sharks team is led by Thornton, who is a loser, and Marshmarleau, who is a pansy.

If we can't beat these asswipes, we're screwed.

I bet Sharks fans feel the same way about those two as I felt about Tkachuk: that we were never going to win with him in a leadership role.

I'd like to get some Sharks fans perspectives on that.

I think Thornton is a prime example of a guy who is made captain because of his skill/reputation but should not be captain.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

BoxCar
All-Star
All-Star

Post by BoxCar »

Well the Shaw decision is in: 3 games for the hit on Smith. I, personally, think time served was more than enough. But the league has disagreed and Shaw has been SHANABANNED!

Link
Official President of the 2011-2012 Sponsorship Committee of the honorable Alex Pietrangelo

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

BoxCar wrote:Well the Shaw decision is in: 3 games for the hit on Smith. I, personally, think time served was more than enough. But the league has disagreed and Shaw has been SHANABANNED!

Link
lol shanabanned

I thought it was excessive too. Probably didn't need anything, but 1 game would have been plenty.

So far, we have learned that intentionally smashing a guy's head into the glass because you're mad at him is worth the same as yelling some curse words at somebody before the game. And, making contact with a goalie's head (likely accidentally) when making a sharp turn in close quarters is worth 3 games. And doing shit to the Blues has no punishment.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Jeremy Roenick going off on the hit on Hossa simply because Torres left his feet. Cue the double-standard from Shanahan in 3.......2.......................1.........................
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

fargoblues wrote:Jeremy Roenick going off on the hit on Hossa simply because Torres left his feet. Cue the double-standard from Shanahan in 3.......2.......................1.........................
Remember when Polak put Hossa in a stretcher when he was a Wing?
Nothing to do with bad hits just good memories.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

STLADOGG wrote: Remember when Polak put Hossa in a stretcher when he was a Wing?
Nothing to do with bad hits just good memories.
That was great!

I swear they had to remove Hossa's body with a putty knife!

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

Mahoney
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Post by Mahoney »

Both the Burns elbow & the galliardi hit were dirty - both shouldn't gotten 1 game suspensions. That's IF they are consistent with these things. Which these are, as sure as I am breathing, anything but consistent.
http://www.stlbluesunderground.net

- MATT