GDT: 4/16/12 > Game 3 > Blues @ Sharks > 9:00 PM

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

tjk002
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Re: GDT: 4/16/12 > Game 3 > Blues @ Sharks > 9:00 PM

Post by tjk002 »

kodos wrote:He would probably thrive on a team like Pittsburgh with a lot of offense, super talented linemates and a less rigid structure.

Pittsburgh will also probably be looking to make some deals this offseason. Just a thought.

He's probably not worth much, but we could get something for him.

I'd think our top need is to get a partner for Pietrangelo that's not Colaiacovo or Huskins. Or turn 2 or 3 depth guys into a top line guy.
I disagree there. I think Carlo is a solid/fairly inexpensive offensive defenseman. I'd hate to see him go. I think he and Pie played pretty well together this year. Sure, he's no Pie or Shatty, but I think he plays the point on the power play well for a 2nd PP unit. He also seems to find a way to get the puck to the net (see last night). Sure, he's had a few brain farts this year, but if you can find someone that will contribute as much as he does for his salary, I'd be surprised.

kodos
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by kodos »

I'm not some crazed Colaiacovo hater or anything, I just don't like him matching up against the opponents top line all the time, which he will be doing when playing with Pie.

I think Pie needs a smart stay-at-home kind of guy to let him be a little more creative. Cola is not that guy.

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

I think Carlo is a fine fourth or fifth d-man.
He's also always injured.
What about intangibles? Is he a good team guy?
A conundrum, this guy with the confusing name.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

kodos wrote: I think Pie needs a smart stay-at-home kind of guy to let him be a little more creative.
I thought the same thing all season, but it's a little late to make a move now.

With Jacks playing well and Polak on the third pairing, could you imagine this D with a solid stay at home guy with Pie on the first pairing?

That said, when Carlo is 'right' he's a hell of an asset....when he's not........

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

DaDitka wrote:That said, when Carlo is 'right' he's a hell of an asset....when he's not........
...he's a hell of an ass?
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by not_a_wings_fan »

So I am NOT getting to see these games in HD in Kanas City because when the Royals play, FSMW becomes Fox Sports Kansas City. My provider, Time Warner, is giving us an alternate channel to view the games - but they are showing an HD feed compressed onto a standard channel. When I ask (ask prolly isn't the right term) them about it, they say they have no control over it, call FSMW. Um, I call BS - you have an HD feed that you won't show on an HD channel - but whatever.

I called FSMW today to ask about it. They only offer one number to call. The nice switchboard lady sent me to Loren someone - who had his cell number on his VM message. I called the cell number, started to explain my issue, and the dude hung up on me. Nice, dude. If anyone else wants to call him his cell # is 314-954-8337

Does anyone know anyone who works at FSMW that could help me figure this out?

I just want to see my Blues in HD and want FSMW to know what Time Warner is doing. I am pretty sure they are supposed to be giving me an HD feed, mother frankers. Beyond that, I want one side to take ownership of the problem so I know who to be pissed at.
Official 2008-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

If you are in KC, shouldn't the games be available on the NBC channels - whichever one it happens to be on that night?
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

theohall wrote:If you are in KC, shouldn't the games be available on the NBC channels - whichever one it happens to be on that night?
Likely FSMW blacks them out.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

Maybe Army can trade to get Brewer paired up with Pie...

In all seriousness though... which FA's are available who can pair up with him? In house options, I think Ponich is a stay at home type, and does it really hurt to pair Pie with a rookie? Pie himself is no longer one, so it's not like our D is exactly a green crew. And Ponich has the size to be an imposing presence on the ice.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

fargoblues wrote:
theohall wrote:If you are in KC, shouldn't the games be available on the NBC channels - whichever one it happens to be on that night?
Likely FSMW blacks them out.
^ Yep

The biggest load of bullshit was Monday night, after the Royals game, after the Royals postgame, the Blues still had a period and a half to play. FSMW was showing franking re-run poker and left the hockey game on the shitty feed. I would have thought they could have put the Blues game back on FSMW when the Royals were done, but no.

Seriously, does anyone have a contact at FSMW?

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:So I am NOT getting to see these games in HD in Kanas City because when the Royals play, FSMW becomes Fox Sports Kansas City. My provider, Time Warner, is giving us an alternate channel to view the games - but they are showing an HD feed compressed onto a standard channel. When I ask (ask prolly isn't the right term) them about it, they say they have no control over it, call FSMW. Um, I call BS - you have an HD feed that you won't show on an HD channel - but whatever.

I called FSMW today to ask about it. They only offer one number to call. The nice switchboard lady sent me to Loren someone - who had his cell number on his VM message. I called the cell number, started to explain my issue, and the dude hung up on me. Nice, dude. If anyone else wants to call him his cell # is 314-954-8337

I just want to see my Blues in HD and want FSMW to know what Time Warner is doing. I am pretty sure they are supposed to be giving me an HD feed, mother frankers. Beyond that, I want one side to take ownership of the problem so I know who to be pissed at.
your first world suffering is a damn injustice. :lol:
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

Portland Blues
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by Portland Blues »

goon attack wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:So I am NOT getting to see these games in HD in Kanas City because when the Royals play, FSMW becomes Fox Sports Kansas City. My provider, Time Warner, is giving us an alternate channel to view the games - but they are showing an HD feed compressed onto a standard channel. When I ask (ask prolly isn't the right term) them about it, they say they have no control over it, call FSMW. Um, I call BS - you have an HD feed that you won't show on an HD channel - but whatever.

Is no one "rich and connected" anymore? :grin:

not_a_wings_fan
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

goon attack wrote:

Except the third world folks are getting the HD feed on their satellite...

I would be fine with a non-HD feed. The issue is that they are compressing an HD feed onto a non-HD channel. It's unwatchable. The puck disappears ever time it moves, ffs.