GDT: 4/21/12 > Game 5 > Blues v Sharks > 6:30 PM

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: GDT: 4/21/12 > Game 5 > Blues v Sharks > 6:30 PM

Post by glen a richter »

not_a_wings_fan wrote:A few minutes into the third my gal made me go get a beer and start drinking. I asked what gives? She says, "When you drink, they score. Get drinking, honey."

Half way through my first beer we got a two goal lead... wtf. Sorry, guys, I will do better next time and start drinking in the first period.

So franking happy to have this one in the books. Proud of the guys for keeping it together.
Your liver better look like a (Franking) raisin by the time the playoffs are over
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by gaijin »

Sweet action. :letsgoblues:

Get some rest, boys. You're sure as hell going to need it for Round 2.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

Mellanby's idea to swap centers late.....great call!

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund

cprice12
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cprice12 »

dmiles2186 wrote:My heart is still thumping. Just round one but it feels good. The Sharks dominated that game and the Blues came right around at the end to put this one away. Only a Ray Vinson commercial can bring this party to it's apex.
I didn't think San Jose dominated the game at all.
We looked very good in the first period and the first half of the 2nd. Then San Jose turned it on a bit and got their goal late in the 2nd.
The 3rd was back and forth...kind of a chess match and then boom-boom, we get two and it's over.

Probably San Jose's best game of the series, but I'd say at worst, overall, it was a pretty even game.
LETS GO BLUES RADIO
LIVE weekly broadcasts on YouTube & http://www.LetsGoBlues.com/radio!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/curtprice
Lets Go Blues Radio Twitter: https://twitter.com/lgbradio
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cprice12/
Lets Go Blues Radio Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lgbradio/

ohio BLUES
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by ohio BLUES »

Titties. On to round #2!!
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock

dmiles2186
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by dmiles2186 »

cprice12 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:My heart is still thumping. Just round one but it feels good. The Sharks dominated that game and the Blues came right around at the end to put this one away. Only a Ray Vinson commercial can bring this party to it's apex.
I didn't think San Jose dominated the game at all.
We looked very good in the first period and the first half of the 2nd. Then San Jose turned it on a bit and got their goal late in the 2nd.
The 3rd was back and forth...kind of a chess match and then boom-boom, we get two and it's over.

Probably San Jose's best game of the series, but I'd say at worst, overall, it was a pretty even game.
Good point. I should have said the Sharks were dominating at that point in the game. I did feel pretty good about the Blues' first period play, but they just never had much extended zone time. The Sharks did pour it on in the second and were shutting the Blues down early in the 3rd. Even on Nichols' shot that Niemi failed to paw, the Sharks continued to do what they had been doing: forcing the Blues to shoot from the outside, limiting shots in the slot. Next thing you know, Niemi remembered he was Niemi and a 1-0 lead was a 2-1 deficit.

And when Andy McDonald scored his empty netter...I'm not sure I've cheered more for an empty netter before.

2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Not Ott, because he is a booger-eating dumb dumb

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

dmiles2186 wrote:Not surprising Crombeen gets called for goalie interference there. But, I still say that if a goalie plays the puck, he's fair game. That goes for Blues goalies too.
I was at the other end of the ice, so not the best view of it. But, I was pissed when that was called. It looked like interference on their DMan and that it ~caused the goalie interference.
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2016-2017 Official LGB Sponsor of Dmitri Jaskin
2017-2018 Official LGB Sponsor of Jake Allen

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

cardsfan04 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:Not surprising Crombeen gets called for goalie interference there. But, I still say that if a goalie plays the puck, he's fair game. That goes for Blues goalies too.
I was at the other end of the ice, so not the best view of it. But, I was pissed when that was called. It looked like interference on their DMan and that it ~caused the goalie interference.

Nope, Crombeen pretty much ran him. Not like Courts......but he was looking for contact.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

DaDitka wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:

Nope, Crombeen pretty much ran him. Not like Courts......but he was looking for contact.
ahh damn. Oh well.

I have never heard that place as loud as it got when Perron tipped it in. That place just went absolutely crazy.

And, ESPN really pissed me off this morning. I can kind of understand an anchor mispronouncing a name (they shouldn't, but I know it will happen). But, even Barry Melrose was pronouncing Perron like Perrin (like Bill Guerin w/ a P). Really? I know that's inconsequential in the scheme of things, but come on.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

cardsfan04 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:

ahh damn. Oh well.

I have never heard that place as loud as it got when Perron tipped it in. That place just went absolutely crazy.

And, ESPN really pissed me off this morning. I can kind of understand an anchor mispronouncing a name (they shouldn't, but I know it will happen). But, even Barry Melrose was pronouncing Perron like Perrin (like Bill Guerin w/ a P). Really? I know that's inconsequential in the scheme of things, but come on.
That's what you get for watching ESPN to begin with. Short of College (football) Gameday and Monday night countdown......there is ZERO reason to ever watch that station anymore (ok....I admit.....I do watch some baseball tonight)

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

DaDitka wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:

ahh damn. Oh well.

That's what you get for watching ESPN to begin with. Short of College (football) Gameday and Monday night countdown......there is ZERO reason to ever watch that station anymore (ok....I admit.....I do watch some baseball tonight)
Yeah, I know it pretty much sucks now, but old habits die hard. That has been my go-to sports station for 2 decades. Especially now that I don't have NHL Network anymore, ESPN wins by default a lot of the time.

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

cardsfan04 wrote:Especially now that I don't have NHL Network anymore,
Unacceptable! Get Direct. (use Curt's account number as a reference)

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

DaDitka wrote:
I'm not far from doing that. Contracts though :(.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

cardsfan04 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
I'm not far from doing that. Contracts though :(.
Yeah I switched, best decision ever. Everything is better.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

xbleed83bluex
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Post by xbleed83bluex »

I remember exactly where I was when the Blues won the series against Chicago 10 years ago. I was at Ronnies 20 Cine watching Jason X. When the movie was over, they had the game showing on the big screen they have in the 50's drive-in restaurant. Everyone was watching the game and cheering. Ahh Brent Johnson.
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.

cardsfan04
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by cardsfan04 »

How fitting is it that Perron got the game-winning goal in the series-clinching game against the team that sidelined him for a year?

goon attack
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by goon attack »

cardsfan04 wrote:How fitting is it that Perron got the game-winning goal in the series-clinching game against the team that sidelined him for a year?
I hope he just smirked at "Jumbo Joe" in the handshake line.
Official 2023-'24 Sponsor of: Dua Lipa, Craig Berube, and yoga pants

'22-'23: Kim Wexler; '21-'22: Slayyyter; '21: fat chicks and covid-19; '19-'20: Taco Bell's Spicy Tostada (discontinued); '18-'19: Bhad Bhabie; '17-'18 Pitbull.'16-'17: Donald J. Trump, Black Lives Matter, and Karlie Kloss; '15-'16: the Hadids; '14-'15: $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt; '13-'14: another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; '11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; '10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; '09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; '08-'09: Sandy Miller

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

goon attack wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:How fitting is it that Perron got the game-winning goal in the series-clinching game against the team that sidelined him for a year?
I hope he just smirked at "Jumbo Joe" in the handshake line.
I hope he told him he can go (Frank) himself now that he has the time to do so.
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.

Nyghtewynd
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by Nyghtewynd »

No problems, kiddies. We're just that much better than SJ. That's the way a first-round series should go as a 2 seed.

The next one will not be that easy, regardless of opponent.
dhabums wrote:You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.
Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.

fargoblues
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Post by fargoblues »

Nyghtewynd wrote:No problems, kiddies. We're just that much better than SJ. That's the way a first-round series should go as a 2 seed.

The next one will not be that easy, regardless of opponent.
LOL @ the Sharks announcers chalking the series loss up to parity in the league... No fools, you got beat straight up by a better team. :lol:
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.