Rd. 1 Playoff Series Thread: #1 Rangers vs. #8 Senators

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Re: Rd. 1 Playoff Series Thread: #1 Rangers vs. #8 Senators

Post by theohall »

What do you expect from what have been the crappy NBC announcers from the get-go? The CBC crew immediately pointed out it was being reviewed to see if he kicked it. The question is did he actually kick the puck? That part is debatable. Sure, he clearly made the kicking motion, but it is most certainly not clear as to whether or not he made contact with the puck while making the kicking motion. He tries to kick it. His skate clearly goes over the puck, then Lundqvist knocks it in when trying to grab it with his glove.

Lundqvist was more pissed about the blatant interference since he was being pitch-forked across the crease and not given the opportunity to continue to play the puck.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

sseagle
All-Star
All-Star

Post by sseagle »

There is no rule as to goaltender interference from here on out...
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

(Frank) the Rangers. I hope the Capitals mop the (Franking) floor with them in 4 games.
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

sseagle wrote:There is no rule as to goaltender interference from here on out...
No kidding. Crombeen does that and the arm immediately goes up. The Rangers do it... no problem. :roll:
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

glen a richter
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by glen a richter »

theohall wrote:
sseagle wrote:There is no rule as to goaltender interference from here on out...
No kidding. Crombeen does that and the arm immediately goes up. The Rangers do it... no problem. :roll:
Well you know now that the Penguins were unceremoniously defeated, the Rangers are the next golden children of the NHL. If they end up winning the whole thing I'm going into exile in American Samoa. Can't deal with the arrogance of Rangers fans. Holy jumpin' I mean last night they were acting like they just won the cup. For crissake, it's one round!
Sponsor of Joel "Future" HOFer 2023-2024