Rd. 1 Playoff Series Thread: #3 Panthers vs. #6 Devils

Discuss the St. Louis Blues, the NHL, or anything hockey. (Formerly the Blues News Forum)

Moderator: LGB Mods

gaijin
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Re: Rd. 1 Playoff Series Thread: #3 Panthers vs. #6 Devils

Post by gaijin »

Has Brodeur made any statements as to how many more seasons (if any) he is going to play? Everyone is talking about Lidstrom's possible retirement, but no one is talking about Marty. I know he won't say anything during the playoffs, but that doesn't stop the analysts- they have been speculating about Lidstrom's retirement for a while now.

STLADOGG
All-Star
All-Star

Post by STLADOGG »

gaijin wrote:Has Brodeur made any statements as to how many more seasons (if any) he is going to play? Everyone is talking about Lidstrom's possible retirement, but no one is talking about Marty. I know he won't say anything during the playoffs, but that doesn't stop the analysts- they have been speculating about Lidstrom's retirement for a while now.
Yeah good point maybe the best goalie ever(for sure stat-wise), can't say Lidstrom is the best ever.
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW

theohall
Hockey God
Hockey God

Post by theohall »

gaijin wrote:Has Brodeur made any statements as to how many more seasons (if any) he is going to play? Everyone is talking about Lidstrom's possible retirement, but no one is talking about Marty. I know he won't say anything during the playoffs, but that doesn't stop the analysts- they have been speculating about Lidstrom's retirement for a while now.
The TSN guys during the Devils games specifically mentioned this might be the last go-round for Brodeur. They kept on repeating this throughout these last two games. So they are doing plenty of speculating on the Canadian broadcast. Sad that our American broadcasts seem to be ignoring it.

NHL Radio also discussed Brodeur possibly retiring due to the number of injuries he has incurred over the past 3 seasons.
Official LGB sponsor of Robert Thomas 2022-2023 Season

DaDitka
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Post by DaDitka »

theohall wrote: NHL Radio also discussed Brodeur possibly retiring due to the number of injuries he has incurred over the past 3 seasons.
Yeah, you have to wonder if a good postseason would make him lean one way or the other...Go out on a high note, or does it just make you think "I've still got some good hockey in me"?

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund